• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

Something isn't right here. I refuse to believe this game looks worse than Black Flag. How does that happen? I'm going to save my final judgement when real gameplay comes out closer to release.

j0qa5llSgpgm7.jpg

24875-Christopher-Walken-cowbell-gif-F4qe.gif

it would be even more hilarious if the performance is not 100% rock solid. i am jumping the gun way too early, but it's becoming a trend for ubisoft to over promise and under deliver.

edit: expect the worst from the crew, i am really looking forward to that thread lol.

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
Lighting and shaders look incredible but there's no denying that's some serious blur. I thought Watch Dogs looked great on PS4, even playing on my monitor, so I'm hoping there's come weirdness with the capture going on here.

Alex

Is it possible that it might look more appealing in motion rather than stills?

In some ways sure, it absolutely will... but the funny thing is that this size of an image quality drop shouldn't be a big deal in internet screens. It should really only be a big deal on a pixel perfect display in person where you can combine the resolution loss with the drop to sub native so it looking this murky already is troublesome.

They should have at least matched their iffy PR with their marketing materials. They really need to learn when not to say anything,if you're going to run damage control make sure to bring an extinguisher to the fire not a can gasoline

Readingaid

Neo Member
Ubisoft seem to be the goft that keep on giving. They have absolute gold in their hands, a franchise gamers are still interested in and the chance to prove what they can do on new consoles and they are persistantly falling short. Do they umderstand how EA got its reputation?!

Patroclos

Banned
Ubisoft seem to be the goft that keep on giving. They have absolute gold in their hands, a franchise gamers are still interested in and the chance to prove what they can do on new consoles and they are persistantly falling short. Do they umderstand how EA got its reputation?!

Ubisoft's problem is they want to be EA.

Rezae

Ubisoft is a giant entertaining money-making troll. They don't care. They'll lie straight up. And still get record profits.

lefantome

Having played an xbox one build a week ago i must say that it wasn't so blurry but the iq was awful anyway and there were some artifacts around arno. The framerate was awful.

They must have choosen a very cheap AA on ps4. It looks like an upscaled 720p footage.

DOWN

Banned
I wonder what they render those demos on. I heard complaints from SLI Titan users about constant stuttering in Watch Dogs yet their demos always run so fluidly.

Well it's not realtime when they do many of these trailer shots, just in engine with everything they can throw at it to make it look polished and give it depth. And it sure as hell isn't in-game when they make their infamous bullshots with added lighting. Marketing teams are super sampling fiends, even for console exclusives.

Well at least the 900p won't bother me since I will just be pretending this game doesn't exist. Those ground textures are horrible and the character models for the NPSc look like cheap plastic dolls. Very disappointing.

My goodness..........I hope the game doesn't actually look like this when it launches because it looks awful here, in some way worse than Creed IV. Either way hopefully the game plays well and Im a huge Creed fan so day 1 for me, but if this really is how it looks on PS4 how on earth did Ubi botch the game this bad.

Teletraan1

Banned
I think this is an older build or a network testing build of some sort. I think it is pretty common for Ubisoft games that are going through network testing with a 3rd party to send out builds that have reduced graphics and downgraded textures vs the final game. The game looks 900p blurry but some of these screens look like there is more going on that that. I would wait for a final build to write the game off if 900p or insane PC specs didn't do that already.

Thoraxes

I think this is an older build or a network testing build of some sort. I think it is pretty common for Ubisoft games that are going through network testing with a 3rd party to send out builds that have reduced graphics and downgraded textures vs the final game. The game looks 900p blurry but some of these screens look like there is more going on that that. I would wait for a final build to write the game off if 900p or insane PC specs didn't do that already.
There are people on the internet that have posted pictures of their physical copies.

heyf00L

I wonder what they render those demos on. I heard complaints from SLI Titan users about constant stuttering in Watch Dogs yet their demos always run so fluidly. I guess they could prerender them but I'd think that's too far even for Ubisoft.

Of course they're prerendered. Listen to this guy explain how developers do this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VnfcoHPAJk

Basically they play it and record their gameplay at whatever framerate and graphic quality (it doesn't matter), then use that input to prerender "gameplay".

bigmac996

Honestly to their credit, in the beard picture it seems that weird glow around it is because the picture was taken in the middle of crowd blending or some other feature. You can see the blue circle underneath him, and the blue lighting surrounding him (and his beard somehow). Basically, it's just a shitty picture and bad timing to catch the animation on an in-between frame.

The game itself though is still looking damn blurry. Really disappointed after Black Flag's gorgeousness.

It doesn't really look that good at all. That will be the PC(with a great gpu) version most likely

I was not really serious and no... PC version will not look like this, just like Watch Dogs PC version never reached E3 2012 levels.

I wonder what they render those demos on. I heard complaints from SLI Titan users about constant stuttering in Watch Dogs yet their demos always run so fluidly. I guess they could prerender them but I'd think that's too far even for Ubisoft.

Good question. I think they always use the newest cutting edge GPU(s) and then optimize it as much as they can. Guess this is the only instance where they have reason to do it.
I think the WD demo ran on one or two 680s, best card back then. And yes, Watch Dogs still stutters, no matter how much VRAM. (970 SLI here)

I was not really serious and no... PC version will not look like this, just like Watch Dogs PC version never reached E3 2012 levels.

IIRC weren't those videos released way before Watch Dogs released, like 2 years? Ubisoft has just released recent official media that looks like those gifs, and the game comes out very soon. I would be surprised if the PC version doesn't hit that IQ on a great PC, and Ubisoft had the balls to massively downgrade the game on PC this close to release. BUT it is Ubisoft haha so who knows...

IIRC weren't those videos released way before Watch Dogs released, like 2 years? Ubisoft has just released recent official media that looks like those gifs, and the game comes out very soon. I would be surprised if the PC version doesn't hit that IQ on a great PC, and Ubisoft had the balls to massively downgrade the game on PC this close to release. BUT it is Ubisoft haha so who knows...

I remember the E3 footage looking pretty good (was PC). The detail in those gifs in insane though, I really can't see them reach that.

PS4 would probably melt trying to do that

For real this time.

Top Bottom