• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassins Creed Unity Leaked PS4 version shots (Confirmed 900p / 30fps)

That doesn't rule out a day one patch though. But this is Ubisoft so...

day one patch is already confirmed

http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-unity-release-date-november-11/

"People have been truly dedicated to this game. For them it’s also important to make a game that they can be proud of.” That’s why the team will continue to toil even beyond the ship date – right up to actual release – building a Day 1 patch that offers even more improvements to Unity."

It is really unfair and just pretty much trolling to keep bashing the game off of these screens as of right now imho

"People have been truly dedicated to this game. For them it’s also important to make a game that they can be proud of.” That’s why the team will continue to toil even beyond the ship date – right up to actual release – building a Day 1 patch that offers even more improvements to Unity."

It is really unfair and just pretty much trolling to keep bashing the game off of these screens as of right now imho

What part is unfair? Also, Ubi is the one trolling with their bullshots and video removals. They're purposely trying to hide the ps4 version because they know anyone with decent eyesight will drop that shit like a bad habit.

What part is unfair? Also, Ubi is the one trolling with their bullshots and video removals. They're purposely trying to hide the ps4 version because they know anyone with decent eyesight will drop that shit like a bad habit.

Judging a game that is not even released yet, that is still being worked on is unfair. Come on, any company would remove videos of their product that are leaked this early

Judging a game that is not even released yet, that is still being worked on is unfair. Come on, any company would remove videos of their product that are leaked this early
You do realize a portion of people will never patch this game and this will be their final product right? Not everyone has the bandwidth to download the inevitable 5gb patch. Ubisoft is trying to pull a fast one on its customers, and that is unfair. Look at the parity situation, why can't they just be clear about it instead of offering us a "resolution" that says nothing but "fuck you buy it anyways k? Thx bai". If they tell me there's a 1080p patch day 1 I'll buy it, but even 1080p can't polish this turd.

Radec

They will ship the game looking like that and is unfair when people call them out?

And we don't know yet what day 1 patch will bring. If its 1080p patch for the PS4 then good.

You do realize a portion of people will never patch this game and this will be their final product right? Not everyone has the bandwidth to download the inevitable 5gb patch. Ubisoft is trying to pull a fast one on its customers, and that is unfair. Look at the parity situation, why can't they just be clear about it instead of offering us a "resolution" that says nothing but "fuck you buy it anyways k? Thx bai". If they tell me there's a 1080p patch day 1 I'll buy it, but even 1080p can't polish this turd.

so your not buying it, buy you have been this thread for a while just bashing the game...why? Also, you think the game will look like crap, but you will buy it if there is a 1080p patch...wtf. You care about a game being 1080p THAT much?

Jobbs

Banned
I don't like ubisoft or AC games, but I have to say you guys are having a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

From what I understand, they're making a tradeoff in order to get the largest number of NPCs into the game as possible-- like, fuckin' tons -- and this is the trade they've made.

Who says everything has to be the same exact standard? I'd like to see devs push hardware in different ways. I'd live with 900p or 30 fps if it meant something else is over the top.

They will ship the game looking like that and is unfair when people call them out?

And we don't know yet what day 1 patch will bring. If its 1080p patch for the PS4 then all is good.

maybe just wait and see then instead of going on and on and on about the game looking bad now. I personally dont think it will be a 1080p patch, nor do I care at all about one; nor do I think Ubisoft cares about one. Still buying the game day one ps4

so your not buying it, buy you have been this thread for a while just bashing the game...why? Also, you think the game will look like crap, but you will buy it if there is a 1080p patch...wtf. You care about a game being 1080p THAT much?
As pointed out by many others already, this probably looks so horrible because of 900p being stretched to 1080p and some horrible blurring AA being applied to it, the vaseline if you will. If you followed me through the first thread, I had this collectors edition and season pass preordered. It was my most hyped game of the year as I own EVERY AC game out there and that was until Ubisoft shoved its parity down my throat. Now its coming back on nearly a weekly basis to bite them on the ass and it is very much fair and deserved. They fuck us all the time with their downgrades and bullshots and I'd always give them a pass, but this time its unacceptable. I don't understand how as a another gamer that frequents these forums you think this is acceptable? Honestly, the game has numerous clipping issues, repetitive and hideous NPC models, framerate issues, and washed out graphics, and yes it is the release version.

maybe just wait and see then instead of going on and on and on about the game looking bad now. I personally dont think it will be a 1080p patch, nor do I care at all about one; nor do I think Ubisoft cares about one. Still buying the game day one ps4
Yeah I think reveling over the disparity between trailers and compressed images is getting this thread nowhere. I'm already sitting on $40 in credit for cancelling after hearing about the whole "both are 900p to avoid debates and stuff".

Vote with your wallets, which includes purchasing the game if they patch it enough to increase resolution or meet the lighting quality displayed in the trailers. If these images are enough to make you reconsider, then you probably don't need to get the game day one like someone who planned to already, like matrixman.

Coflash

I don't like ubisoft or AC games, but I have to say you guys are having a bit of a knee jerk reaction.

From what I understand, they're making a tradeoff in order to get the largest number of NPCs into the game as possible-- like, fuckin' tons -- and this is the trade they've made.

Who's to say everything has to be the same exact standard? I'd like to see devs push hardware in different ways. I'd live with 900p or 30 fps if it meant something else is over the top.

No.

I doubt anyone here does not understand that.

We technically know why it is the way it is. And months ago, when people such as myself were calling them bullshots or prerendered clips, we were told to wait and see. Damned if you believe them, damned if you don't.

The issue is Ubisoft. For months they have been demonstrating and marketing the game in a way where it looks incredible. Yet here we are again, with something that barely looks like it came out of last generation consoles.

If those screens are real, then it's Watch Dogs all over again, and I cannot see any reason as to why people's complaints would be unjustified.

If they want to advertise their game a certain way, then that's what they should deliver. If they don't want to do that, cool, welcome to this thread and many more like it that will spawn over the coming months/years.

Vire

Who says everything has to be the same exact standard? I'd like to see devs push hardware in different ways. I'd live with 900p or 30 fps if it meant something else is over the top.

I'd live with it too if it was actually 30 fps. The videos show frequent dips into the twenties.

Tagg9

What I don't understand is how the game is looking dramatically worse than the E3 Xbone build.

Next thing you'll be telling is that the stage demo wasn't really running on an Xbox One!

Squishy3

I like that in the screenshot of the crowd from above like 70-80 of those NPCs are wearing that green and gold piece of clothing.

What I don't understand is how the game is looking dramatically worse than the E3 Xbone build.

Next thing you'll be telling is that the stage demo wasn't really running on an Xbox One!

Yeah these images look far worse than the game looked on "Xbox One" just 4 months ago.

JohnGrimm

I like that in the screenshot of the crowd from above like 70-80 of those NPCs are wearing that green and gold piece of clothing.
Gotta cut back on that ram usage somehow.

Imagine 3000 unique, active, NPC's on screen at any given time. The hardware requirements would be ridonkulous.

They already are on PC :(

they are pushing for other stuff, in this case NPC's. I dont believe that to be considered next gen, graphics or resolution or framerate should always be the main focus. For example, the nemesis system is the most next gen thing about Shadow of Mordor...in fact, I dont even think its in last gen versions, or its extremely nerfed. I too have played every assassins creed game and even 100%'d all of them. I have the AC3 statue sitting on my shelf, next to my funko pop figures of every assassin. It is one of my favorite franchises, and any possible bias aside, I do not see the problem of reaching for other aspects to be considered next gen; NPC count in this instance, which you seem to have a problem with.

Loakum

Banned
j0qa5llSgpgm7.jpg

LOL!!!!! Marvelous!

they are pushing for other stuff, in this case NPC's. I dont believe that to be considered next gen, graphics or resolution or framerate should always be the main focus. For example, the nemesis system is the most next gen thing about Shadow of Mordor...in fact, I dont even think its in last gen versions, or its extremely nerfed. I too have played every assassins creed game and even 100%'d all of them. I have the AC3 statue sitting on my shelf, next to my funko pop figures of every assassin. It is one of my favorite franchises, and any possible bias aside, I do not see the problem of reaching for other aspects to be considered next gen; NPC count in this instance, which you seem to have a problem with.
I 100%ed all of them even Lib on the Vita. I have 3 statues, two Altair and one Connor. Was planning on getting Arno, Ezio, and Edward for myself this Christmas. I'm saying they don't need 3000 NPCS, 2000 will more than suffice and still blow people away and allow better graphics.

JohnGrimm

I 100%ed all of them even Lib on the Vita. I have 3 statues, two Altair and one Connor. Was planning on getting Arno, Ezio, and Edward for myself this Christmas. I'm saying they don't need 3000 NPCS, 2000 will more than suffice and still blow people away and allow better graphics.
Even 1000 would be amazing. I don't think even the Total War games have that many on screen at once.

Shin-Ra

Bullshit. The game should ship in a highly polished state without patching.

That'd be a horrible trade-off because now everything's taken a nasty visual hit.

Jobbs

Banned
That'd be a horrible trade-off because now everything's taken a nasty visual hit.

Hyrule Warriors looks kinda cool. Take away hundreds of enemies on screen, make it 3 enemies on screen, suddenly it doesn't look cool.

They have a concept this time, and it's scale. That's the focus.

I don't know why I'm defending Ubisoft since I have learned I don't like any of their 3D AAA games (liked Child of Light and Rayman though), detested Watch Dogs, and don't like AC -- But I think a lot of you guys are having a knee jerk tin foil hat reaction to this stuff.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
I guess the French Aristocracy have banned high frequency detail in that take on history. The citizenry are understandably upset.

Yeah I think reveling over the disparity between trailers and compressed images is getting this thread nowhere. I'm already sitting on $40 in credit for cancelling after hearing about the whole "both are 900p to avoid debates and stuff".

Vote with your wallets, which includes purchasing the game if they patch it enough to increase resolution or meet the lighting quality displayed in the trailers. If these images are enough to make you reconsider, then you probably don't need to get the game day one like someone who planned to already, like matrixman.
Indeed, there are lots of great games coming in November, so if you think AC Unity looks terrible in these vids of the retail release then don't buy it, and get another game instead. If Ubisoft manage to fix the game in later patches then buy it when those patches have actually been released and verified.

As consumers that's then a win-win situation: the message to Ubisoft will be that if they shovel shit we won't be buying it, but if they can get their game running well then we will.

DOWN

Banned
PS4 would probably melt trying to do that

The dream of getting Uncharted 4 and The Order graphics in an open world. But honestly that pre-alpha footage isn't far off from inFamous SS. There's still a lot of potential for them to get closer to the pre-alpha teaser as the gen progresses.

Vroadstar

I don't believe I'm reading this, you are trying too hard. So basically what you're saying is this is ok even with it being blurry, have problems with framerate and terrible IQ quality just as long as they are pushing more NPC's on screen because apparently to you that's next-gen.

I don't believe I'm reading this, you are trying too hard. So basically what you're saying is this is ok even with it being blurry, have problems with framerate and terrible IQ quality just as long as they are pushing more NPC's on screen because apparently to you that's next-gen.

and I cant believe how much people obsess over graphics. The nemesis system is the most impressive thing I have seen so far this gen, over Second Sons graphics, or Killzones graphics...anything

I also believe there is something off with the way these screenshots were taken and uploaded. That one video that came out the other day of the beginning of the game looked amazing

Coflash

I also believe there is something off with the way these screenshots were taken and uploaded

Are you suggesting that someone removed shadows, reflections, added blur, downscaled then upscaled them, and added poor AA?

As far as I can see, they're not heavily compressed, and the jaggyness and blur stand out enough from the sharper UI elements.

Quotient

Bullshit. The game should ship in a highly polished state without patching.

The worse part of all this you will always have to depend on the patch servers to up and running in order to experience the full game. I always came back to my PS1 to play Metal Gear Solid even a decade or more after its release. In a decade will i still be able to play this game with the patches?

It's not just this game, its the pattern all developers are following and i'm not a fan.

Are you suggesting that someone removed shadows, reflections, added blur, downscaled then upscaled them, and added poor AA?

As far as I can see, they're not heavily compressed, and the jaggyness and blur stand out enough from the sharper UI elements.

of course im not suggesting that. But how in the Hell do you go from that leaked video to this? Unless the game somehow looks a million times better in motion, which I would be perfectly fine with because I cant see myself taking screenshots while playing and meticulously going over them, I think I will be having too much fun playing the game.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Mmmm, no

Look how buildings have zero reflections now :

XQQOlCV.jpg

Are you familiar with Fresnel effects?

Apparently not!

Guys, let's spend another six pages talking about how there are no shadows!

Because that idiot dead horse could do with slightly more flogging.

Ploid 3.0

Why are we discussing things, ubisoft went all out of their way to prevent discussing the graphics and resolution. You guys are ruining it :(

Top Bottom