• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Assassin's Creed: Unity & Rogue - Story and Gameplay Discussion

Dr Dogg

Don't be worried. Supposedly that makes it tighter than any entry since BroHood because it doesn't repeat any tricks. There is also the optional naval campaing and of course the tons of optional objectives and stuff.

Ah that's good to hear, thanks. There were a couple of Q&A video released the other week had a few tidbits.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9Q0ATXiHAs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7_jny-QibU

The second one mentioned something about some of the naval sections that pretty much had me in my head saying 'Sold!'.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
So i'm spoiling Rogue for myself, and geez the plot is really good. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be a full fledged game with a full plot. Geez Ubi. ._.

Sorry if this has been answered but for the present day parts of Unity, has it been stated whether it will be first person or third person? And will we be playing as a no name character?

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Sorry if this has been answered but for the present day parts of Unity, has it been stated whether it will be first person or third person? And will we be playing as a no name character?
From what i've seen.
Yes that appears to be the case.

Just got a call from GameStop that they are doing a universal release for these games. So I can pick then up at 9:01 instead of midnight, pretty cool. Finally don't feel left behind living on the west coast

woen

So i'm spoiling Rogue for myself, and geez the plot is really good. I honestly wasn't expecting it to be a full fledged game with a full plot. Geez Ubi. ._.

I hope they'll continue to do a sort of new trilogy with Unity (even if I don't see what they could do in Europe in this time frame, there's no big event in a big city like the French Revolution in Paris)

I really can't decide which one to get.

On the one hand, Rogue seems to be combining everything I liked about AC3 and ACIV, plus I like the setting way more.

On the other hand, I'm really desperate for something to play on my PS4.

Tough decision.

Man so each one of those sections on that menu are
entirely playable sequences set in different eras as different assassins and templars? Jazz Age Junkies? Does that mean a section takes place during the roaring twenties? Makes me wonder if all those huge leaks about the game ages ago, and having multiple assassins/templars to play as was true.
So many questions and to be honest it's making me want to pick the game up for my PC.

sjay1994

Man so each one of those sections on that menu are
entirely playable sequences set in different eras as different assassins and templars? Jazz Age Junkies? Does that mean a section takes place during the roaring twenties? Makes me wonder if all those huge leaks about the game ages ago, and having multiple assassins/templars to play as was true.
So many questions and to be honest it's making me want to pick the game up for my PC.

Apparently from what I hear, its not.

The only playable one is the first since its a prologue. The entire set up is the idea that you the player bought an abstergo console. I would have loved another chance to play connor again :/

sjay1994

I really can't decide which one to get.

On the one hand, Rogue seems to be combining everything I liked about AC3 and ACIV, plus I like the setting way more.

On the other hand, I'm really desperate for something to play on my PS4.

Tough decision.

Honestly. Get rouge. The naval stuff in AC is probably the best gameplay the series ever had.

I am getting unity, since I want to see a next gen AC.... but the game seems filled with technical problems

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Really looking forward to Unity. The visuals are amazing and I like the setting a lot.

I've got it pre-ordered over at Green Man Gaming. Was only $47.99 with no sales tax (UPlay, though).

Rogue looks pretty cool, too, but I'm going to wait for a PC version and a dramatically lowered price. I imagine it will be hard to go back to the old generation engine, controls, and mechanics after playing Unity, though.

OraleeWey

It isn't clear to me in the OP, but does Unity have story campaign mission coop? As in, me and a friend can play it together from start to finish?

ramuh

Although Rogue is interesting me more, I will stick with Unity. I just can't go back to old-gen consoles for a new releases. Hopefully for Rogue there will be like a May release of completely upgraded Graphics/Resolution for current-gen.

sjay1994

It isn't clear to me in the OP, but does Unity have story campaign mission coop? As in, me and a friend can play it together from start to finish?

No. The story is single player only.

However there are missions that can be co oped, and freeroam can be co oped.

Apparently from what I hear, its not.

The only playable one is the first since its a prologue. The entire set up is the idea that you the player bought an abstergo console. I would have loved another chance to play connor again :/

Wow, then again when you think about it, that idea is probably far too ambitious but it would've been nice.

Top Bottom