• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus holding Niconico stream on November 24th for "major Persona announcement"

Status
Not open for further replies.

VXLbeast

Plot Twist

Persona 5 for
_PC_

I will be sincere, I am more hyped for info on P4Arena2...

Not ideal, but I could live with that. As long as I crank things down, my laptop would probably run it. (i5 sandybridge, 8gb ram...HD3000lol)

I want everyone to be happy with the platform, but I realize that will not be the case. Never the less, I hope everyone can look past any disappointments arising from the platform(s) and manage to enjoy the next Persona title.

Cyrano

Not ideal, but I could live with that. As long as I crank things down, my laptop would probably run it. (i5 sandybridge, 8gb ram...HD3000lol)
Given their penchant for being far more animated than graphically heavy, I somehow doubt that any Persona game released to PC would actually push the limits of most computers.

Dr. Buni

I want everyone to be happy with the platform, but I realize that will not be the case. Never the less, I hope everyone can look past any disappointments arising from the platform(s) and manage to enjoy the next Persona title.
I think the majority of people will be satisfied if it is a PS360 or PS3/Vita title.

Faustek

I'm trying to figure out why you were junior'd. I'm working on a theory.

I'm scared again....didn't know this could happen..well to be expected so much red :|

I adore my 3DS. Bravely Default is my most anticipated (curently announced ;p) game. But I'm not blinded to its shortcomings like many on this forum seem to be. Chief among them being the horrendous screen and uncomfortable design. I play my handhelds mostly at home, so battery life is less of a thing for me, but I can understand that bothering people.

OffTopic:
It's annoying, sitting in the watch tower this week, 12-14 hours a day just pretending to stare at 16 screens and waiting for people to actually call me so I can work but since they refuse to have a power outlet here I can't really play BD:FF :|

OnTopic: But anyway, to be serious from all we know about Atlus/Persona so far what can we expect?

• PS3
  • PS Vita

and to stretch it

• Xbox 360
  • 3DS
  • Wii U

To see it on PS4 I think Sony must have moved themselves and helped with both money and manpower which would be smart of them to do and Sony Japan haven't really done anything lately(announced) that would require all their available manpower to produce.

Edit: always forgetting Wii U :|

Given their penchant for being far more animated than graphically heavy, I somehow doubt that any Persona game released to PC would actually push the limits of most computers.

Imagine being able to put your own textures up on dungeons.

I think the majority of people will be satisfied if it is a PS360 or PS3/Vita title.

Well then, let's hope the good folks over at Index have arrived at the same conclusion. :)

VXLbeast

For sure. I don't really care for the platform as long as it doesn't compromise technically what the game could be. If it's on Wii U or Xbox One somehow, then fine, I'll buy those consoles. I agree your sentiment is a good one, though.

Rpgmonkey

Cool.

I'm finally managing to get through my unfinished RPGs inbetween all the other games. Will be nice to have a new Persona (and maybe, hopefully Tales and Kiseki?) announced before the year is over to see more RPGs I can look forward to in 2014.

I hope it's coming for PS4. Play it on the TV when you're at home and play it on the go with remote play. It's perfect.

Yes, please
bradshawface.gif

Mandoric

Banned
I want the new Persona for the PS2. I think it'd probably be more successful there than on any alternative except maybe PSP (and that would let the brand die completely in NA/EU).

VXLbeast

We probably shouldn't keep non-PersonaGAF outside of the loop.

Presenting...Persona 5.

Not my pic.
Am I the only person that thinks Shia Labooof is an alright actor? Like, I enjoyed Eagle Eye.

I want the new Persona for the PS2. I think it'd probably be more successful there than on any alternative except maybe PSP (and that would let the brand die completely in NA/EU).
Wat.

I'm more interested in the story set-up than the platform. That and how they'll handle dungeons, but I don't expect to see much of the latter this early on.

Until Atlus gets some new blood willing to put the series under the knife to reimagine it, I doubt it's going to happen. But meanwhile, until we've had a second opinion on it, I don't think you should get a seizure over it, otherwise you might have to go to the hospital.
Frowns at thee, my good Sir. FROWNS.

Dascu

I'm glad the unbearable speculation and platform discussions in every Persona thread will be over soon.
Got tired of hearing all of the rumblings about the game too, felt like it was constantly shifting until recently.

You mean in regards to content, style, gameplay? I guess you wouldn't be at liberty to divulge some of those rumblings that you heard, after the game is announced and shown officially, would you?

I'm just catching up now, but god damn at the possibility of Persona 5 being real, and on Next Gen no less. My only question is: what will people spam during Famitsu's inevitable announcement of an announcement? Last Guardian seems too far gone to be announced anytime soon, so I don't think it's that. Devil's Third?

duckroll

I'm just catching up now, but god damn at the possibility of Persona 5 being real, and on Next Gen no less. My only question is: what will people spam during Famitsu's inevitable announcement of an announcement? Last Guardian seems too far gone to be announced anytime soon, so I don't think it's that. Devil's Third?

What... are you talking about?

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
An entire HD generation later. I mean its been exhausting just waiting for it with all the spin-off crap. I don't think it can perform as well in the west as P3 and P4 if it is PS3 bound what with that age old gen being drowned in apathy.

If it is a Persona-4 straight sequel, thats going to feel particularly weird too. Will it incorporate all the Arena stuff thats happened and was clearly setting something up?

L~A

I think he's talking about when Famitsu is teasing a special announcement, where people used to be all "OMG ITS PERSONA 5!!!111!" every time (well, according to him :p).

He's wondering which game will replace P5 now that it's about to be announced.

laika09

An entire HD generation later. I mean its been exhausting just waiting for it with all the spin-off crap. I don't think it can perform as well in the west as P3 and P4 if it is PS3 bound what with that age old gen being drowned in apathy.

Both P3 and P4 were released after the PS3 in the west ;)

Whenever Famitsu announces they have a super secret game to announce, the front page is usually filled with Persona 5. If this does turn out to be Persona 5, I'm just wondering what the new game that will fill the front page will be.

Dr. Buni

Please be next gen Persona 5, so I can sell my 360.
You can sell your 360, it is coming exclusively for the PS3 :p
Not sure if I get what you are trying to say, but I'd say Persona 5 has way higher chances of being a success if released for the PS3 instead of PS4.

Last Remnant PS3 moved to PS4 obviously.

duckroll

Whenever Famitsu announces they have a super secret game to announce, the front page is usually filled with Persona 5. If this does turn out to be Persona 5, I'm just wondering what the new game that will fill the front page will be.

Well people should know by now that Famitsu rarely teases actual substantial scoops they have. Whenever they drum shit up with "SUPER SCOOP", unless it's supposed by some other countdown or marketing from the publisher, it's usually something which isn't noteworthy!

Whenever Famitsu has real scoops people would care about, they usually only break when the issue itself is leaked. I told Nirolak about this before, he didn't believe me, then he saw that it was mostly true! :p

TheMink

I can't speak for everyone, but for me, it's really all in the system itself. The PS4 game I'm playing most is Assassin's IV, which is odd because I don't really care about visuals with regards to that game. I could've easily played it on PS3 or 360.

But the PS4 has a better OS in every sense and a better controller on top of that. For me, the most immediate next-gen advantage isn't visuals, but functionality; ease of use.

I never really took the possibility of P5 on PS4 seriously until last weekend. Since then, the less I have to play my PS3, the better.

I agree 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom