• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Radiant Historia on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yo Sega, about that mobile...

824495e7c297da76b0528a47f3cea6fe93cb78035b4fe44fb2458bff379502be.jpg

JB2448

This sounds like a Radiant Historia Untold 3DS remake/enhanced port with extra content and a high quality version of the soundtrack.

http://radianthistoria.jp/
"In the near future, a history once told will unfold again. And an unknown path will come to be known."

I'll take it.

If it's a Switch game, even if it's​ not a looker but just as good if not better than the first one in everything else, I'd be so happy with that.

I'd be cool also if it's a 3DS game.
Something along the visual quality of I am Setsuna would be great, heck keep it sprite based.

The Ds game was not memorable at all.
If this is a new entry I hope it is more engaging, the main characters were a snore fest in the original.

The text makes me think remake with new content.

Exactly. "A history once told will unfold again" pretty much screams either port or remake; "and an unknown path will come to be known" most likely means new timeline(s) / ending(s). Still good news as it's a great game.

True Fire

This sounds like a Radiant Historia Untold 3DS remake/enhanced port with extra content and a high quality version of the soundtrack.

http://radianthistoria.jp/
"In the near future, a history once told will unfold again. And an unknown path will come to be known."

I'll take it.

I'd love an enhanced port. New timelines, voice acting, improved graphics? I need it now.

It's a good sign for an eventual sequel too.

Sounds like a remake/port. Probably to 3DS.

I already have it on DS so I probably wouldn't be interested unless it's a significant upgrade Switch one or something.

Smasher89

Cool, only seen some streams of the first one, and it seemed very promising to be a game to play blind! 3DS and I might concider it!

Like Atlus is gonna make a $60 next gen title on console for a niche game that sold like 4 units in total, all bought by me.

I'm begin facetious obviously but why would they give you your beautiful next gen console experience that sinks them financially when they can give you a beautiful and fun 3DS game well within their means to make it an excellent game and sell a fine amount of copies?
That you're working on a system with a faster processor and higher resolution screen doesn't automatically increase costs or selling price. It can just as well mean you get to display at higher resolution and be less worried about limits.

Granted, 3DS's Japanese userbase is a very very big positive.

I played about 20 hours of the first game and then dropped it because my vacation ended. I did really enjoy it though. A port or sequel on the Switch would be great. I would not be surprised if it is just a mobile port though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom