• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Radiant Historia on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure it's a re-release, like other posters have already said, but fuck me I love this game to bits (just look at my avatar ffs) and I'd gladly buy it again to support the series, hopefully (if it's a port) it has some new content/characters.

It's really hard to keep my expectations in check, fuuuck.

MSMrRound

I arrived at work, opened Gematsu and the article was the first one that popped up right in front of my face.

I definitely went "HOLY SHIIIIIIT!!!"

If they can revive Radiant Historia, is it too much to hope for a TWEWY2 revival by Square Enix?

CEJames

Mobile please!!

My Samsung Galaxy S8 6.2 inch phablet will be READY~!!!!

sigh... /s please don't be mobile. 3DS pl0x. It's still kickin!!!

Well, if examined in context, the 3DS is getting a new Fire Emblem and Culdcept this year.

The more I think about it, the more it coming out for 3DS makes sense, especially given the huge Japanese user base. So yeah, I'm pulling for that, because its so much easier to play big RPGs like that on the go (and a new Radiant Historia for 3DS would be pretty damn cool).

BTA

Why is everyone so against this being on mobile?

I'd be fine with mobile. I'd prefer otherwise but I'd deal. As long as it's not a mobage, mobile's totally acceptable.

And I'm hoping it's not just a remake/port but if so I guess I'd have an easier way to get friends to play it, and it's been long enough that I could get into replaying too...

It's like getting a sequel to TWEWY. You dream about it but never expect it to actually happen!

I remember selling my original copy of this on eBay (I needed money, okay?) and the winning bidder turned out to be my brother in law's girlfriend at the time.

She was awesome. He was such an idiot to ever let her go.

Team 3ds since I don't have a Switch and I want the 3DS not to die seeing as the New 3DS series didn't get stretched enough as a justified purchase

Champion

The original game is based around time travel so the quote could be inferring that this one is as well. I think its a new game for the 3DS.

What part of this indicates it is new? Could they be annoucing a re-release? I really loved Radiant Historia, one of my favorite RPGs.

First Nier and now this?...I don't know why Japanese developers are mining hidden gems to give sequels to but I love them for it.

Now make me Suikoden 6.

syncyes

This sounds like a Radiant Historia Untold 3DS remake/enhanced port with extra content and a high quality version of the soundtrack.

http://radianthistoria.jp/
"In the near future, a history once told will unfold again. And an unknown path will come to be known."

I'll take it.

I'm totally down with that, I always mean to finish the game but the loss of my 99% complete cartridge makes it hard for me to start it again...a remake would alleviate that problem entirely!

vall03

Holy crap! We don't even know the platform of the game and people are port begging already?

Anyway, really excited for the game even if its an enhanced remake or whatever, I'd consider it one of the best JRPGs I've played on the DS. Will buy it on whatever platform it comes out.

I have the original sealed on my shelf still. I wasn't going to play it any time soon but depending on what this is might make me play it sooner or later.

This will almost certainly be a remake, like the Devil Survivor and Etrian Odyssey games have been getting. I don't know how you can look at that tweet and think otherwise.

Still, that's awesome, and I'm totally on board.

vareon

Radiant Historia Untold
Radiant Historia Dancing All Night
Radiant Historia Otome
Radiant Historia Musou

I'm actually predicting Radiant Historia Untold

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Radiant Megami Tensei

ChrisD

Ooh, I'm game! Never got to get a copy of the first, but when I was in my LP phase I watched HCBailley's playthrough and the game was definitely a gem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom