• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Radiant Historia on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably 3DS, maybe Switch. Would be very surprised if it were PS4 or mobile. No chance at all it's on anything else.
Betting on 3DS exclusive though, that's what 90% of their RPG's are and 3DS is still very healthy in Japan.

duckroll

Devil Survivor Overclocked isn't a remake, it's a direct port with voice recording added for all the story scenes and nothing else. There's no new content or improved graphics.

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record isn't a remake either, but a sequel that is packaged together with a port of the original, also with voice recording added to story scenes. The new content in Break Record is an entirely new campaign that takes place after the original.

I mean, they added content and voice acting. How much has to be remade to call a game a remake?

It's hardly a remake at all. Adding voice acting and stretching the top screen doesn't make a game remade. Whereas with Etrian Odyssey the game is literally remade in 3D.

Edit: Like you wouldn't call Super Street Fighter IV a remake of Street Fighter IV.

BaconHat

Devil Survivor Overclocked isn't a remake, it's a direct port with voice recording added for all the story scenes and nothing else. There's no new content or improved graphics.

Devil Survivor 2 Break Record isn't a remake either, but a sequel that is packaged together with a port of the original, also with voice recording added to story scenes. The new content in Break Record is an entirely new campaign that takes place after the original.

I thought that overclocked added a 8th day for 3 of the routes as well?

duckroll

Oh I honestly forgot all about the 8th day in Overclocked.

I mean, they added content and voice acting. How much has to be remade to call a game a remake?

Well, at least some content has to be -remade- for it be called a remake right?

NeonZ

There's the Demon Compendium, 8th days and a few extra skills and demons.

random25

While I agree that it's not a remake, Overclocked has additional content. Voice acting, 8th day storyline, return of compendium, new demons, new spell content, difficulty options, and some small tweaks in the game.

duckroll

Damn I think there are more Devil Survivor fans here than there were in the OTs! If only we posted more the series might still be alive instead of bombing into #FE hell!

CompC

Oh nice, I have been wanting to play this for a while. Based on that text, maybe it's a remake? That'd be cool.

Mozendo

Chrono Trigger spiritual successor.

But it's not, they're both time-traveling RPGs but they both handle time traveling and battles differently. It's one of the things I never understood when people compared the two games.
Edit: Also that's not what a spiritual successor is at all.

They added new content to a port, they didn't remake the game which is why it's an enhance port.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Nice, the original was quite good. If it's a remaster that's slightly less exciting but I didn't think they'd go back to this series at all after Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE. Devil Survivor maybe, but not this.

GNOSIS

Amazing news!

I liked the first game. Can't quite remember what happened to it, though.

Hopefully, it's set in a different time period with a different set of casts or something since I think the first game concludes very well already.

I don't mind it's being on 3DS. I don't expect Atlus to make this game with that much higher budget than the first game anyway. But it would be nice if I'm wrong and they are making this for PS4 or Switch or Vita. (Hopefully, not a Switch exclusive. I won't buy it anytime soon.)

Oh I honestly forgot all about the 8th day in Overclocked.

Well, at least some content has to be -remade- for it be called a remake right?

The menus were remade in 3D!

But yeah, whatever you want to call it. They may well do the same thing here, the original spritework was nice enough, if they have the original high resolution assets. And then add additional storylines and such, just like with Overclocked/Break Record.

I hope they improve the combat. Even the most basic enemies are a chore to fight through. Even with a high level. Made the game more tedious than it should be. Also needs more locals.

wmlk

G7L2iQt.png

https://twitter.com/Atlus_jp/status/844000027487879169

HOLY SHIT

AAAAAAAAAAHHHH

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I don't think i've heard of camelot in years now

Are they even alive ?

Edit : i see that they are trapped in a prison making mario sports games. what a sad fate.

Is it really sad? It's not like Atlus, the quality of their games took a nosedive after returning to Nintendo. Golden Sun DS is nowhere near as good as TLA.

Aru

Radiant Historia was fucking great. Best DS RPG after TWEWY. If it didn't have so much backtracking and similar environments it would have easily been a 10/10 for me.

FLAguy954

People are asking for a Switch port while I really want this be be a Steam release (slim chance since it's Atlas 😕).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom