• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus teasing new Radiant Historia on Twitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoonFrog

Working on Radiant Historia atm. Not enchanted, but it's certainly solid and has some interesting mechanics.

Characters and world seem pretty forgettable to me, but the battle system and time travel system are interesting, although I'm getting a bit tired of the former at times.

Game on a less powerful system, not able to play on tv, vs game on a more powerful system able to play on the tv? its a no brainer

it was a handheld game to begin with, and it was't a "graphical powerhouse" on the DS, it would look better on the 3DS anyway as its a more powerful console than the DS.

people just want it on the switch because they want something to add to the library, it would better on the 3ds; bigger install base and the ability to play the first and 2nd if it is indded a sequel.....at the very least make it for both

Zhao_Yun

Radiant Historia was one of the few jrpgs on the DS that I really liked, so I am excited for whatever this is. My bet is also a 3ds port/remaster though.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Re-release on 3DS seems most likely - would get it Day 1 tbh.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my gosh.

I never would have expected this. This came out of left field.

Wow.

I beat the original pretty recently, and I greatly appreciated that the time-travel mechanic meant it was impossible to miss anything and that there were endless opportunities to grind. It really put aside some of my biggest fears when playing RPGs. The (mostly) clean sidequest communication was also nice.

I wonder what system this will be on. Hopefully it'll be something I own.

MoonFrog

Hope its multiplat like I am setsuna.
It'll be interesting to see how much Switch/PS4(/PC) multiplatform becomes a thing for JRPG and how much things stick in their "traditional" lane. I mean, PS4/PC is increasing. We have seen some PS4/Switch. DQ went Nintendo to Nintendo/PS4. But will we see a lot of PS4/Switch and Switch/PS4? Will that be the general trend for mid-small budget JRPG?

I LOVED the first game. It was a but budget starved bit it was amazing for what it offered. The writing, atmosphere, battle system, everything felt fresh.

While I would like a remake that irons out the issues of the first, I would love even more a sequel. Hype!

pbayne

Awesome

Lol though TWEWY chances of another release must be less than zero if even Historia is getting another chance instead of it.

Zolbrod

catchcopy.png

Judging by the teaser text, I'm guessing a 3DS port/remake + extra content.

MoonFrog

I really hope it's a sequel on Switch or 3DS (at least). As I said above I'm not as into it as some, but it's a good RPG, I like Atlus, and I'd like another JRPG on a Nintendo portable.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
I would love a 3DS sequel. I read all the comments and still don't understand the 3DS hate. Give me pre-rendered backgrounds, Shimomura soundtrack and an amazing story and I will be happy. 3DS has the much larger install base at about 66 million.

I always thought a RH2 would be a long shot, but Atlus has always said they would love to revisit the game.

Some Nobody

I would love a 3DS sequel. I read all the comments and still don't understand the 3DS hate. Give me pre-rendered backgrounds, Shimomura soundtrack and an amazing story and I will be happy. 3DS has the much larger install base at about 66 million.

I always thought a RH2 would be a long shot, but Atlus has always said they would love to revisit the game.

I think people just want games to look forward to on Switch. I certainly do. No reason to buy the system if I'm just going to buy Zelda and cross my fingers that Xenoblade 2 comes out by the end of the year. Nintendo (and most third party too) have given me nothing to look forward to.

Also, 3DS graphics are garbage, so there's that too I guess.

He said relevant.
I'm aware, and given that Etrian Odyssey is best thing Atlus produces it's borderline criminal we haven't heard anything about its localisation!

Q1 has been too busy and P5 is coming up....it will be likely announced after the storm is over.
Well hopefully. It's been out in Japan since August and could have made it last year even but here we are in 2017 and not even a word about it.

Why would they re-release a game whose original release is fully playable on the same system?

I dunno. Why did they do it for devil survivor 1 &2?

Awesome

Lol though TWEWY chances of another release must be less than zero if even Historia is getting another chance instead of it.

...What? Why would Atlus ever work on TWEWY, a square enix owned game? The two games are from entirely different studios

I didn't like RH as much as a good portion of GAF seems to, but I still thought it was an extremely competent RPG. I'd be down for another one, no doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom