• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I would love to use them but every time I've even looked at their site its also a) badly designed and b) priced higher.

Here's a fun question. What is the most you've paid for a beer at a bottle shop?

I just paid $40 for a 4 pack of Pirate Life Double IPA. It is so fucking good but it definitely came at a high price.
There's a little independent bottle shop up the road in Ashgrove and its fucking amazing for unique beers, but pricey. There was this really nice fruity one called 8-bit that I rather enjoyed, $8 a pop though but well worth it. Honestly, I don't mind spending a bit on good beer, I'd rather do that then get a carton of XXXX and cry myself to sleep.

Here's a fun question. What is the most you've paid for a beer at a bottle shop?
Bought plenty in the $35-40 range for a single bottle (usually 750mL ones). Usually things that require time (like lambic/gueuzes from Cantillon, Boon, etc, or things like Stone Enjoy After, or Bridge Road B2 Bomber). Most recent was ~$30 for the Mikkeller/Boon bone dry gueuze.

Can't bring myself to pay much over that, for things like Nail Clout Stout ($75? get outta here) or Crown Ambassador ($100 for a Crown beer? hahahaha... no).

Ever since I did a clean install of Win10 Steam has been a pain in my side, for some reason it's locking games to 20fps. The only way for me to fix this is to either sign out of windows and sign back in or restarting my pc, even then it only works 60% of the time.
The other thing I don't get is that if run another application and let the game running in the background it will actually remove the 20fps cap.
Stellaris launcher for instance is locked at 20fps, if I open Chrome and run it side by side I can actually see the 20fps cap being removed and it going up to the normal 60. There is no difference in gpu or cpu usage either.
I'm guessing this could be a v-sync issue? I check the Nvidia launcher but couldn't see any settings.
Anyone with some more pc knowledge able to point me in the right direction?

nothing like this going on is there ?

https://superuser.com/questions/527401/troubleshoot-high-cpu-usage-by-the-system-process

P.S who got in on the US THQ PSN humble bundle ?

TheBear

Is there any way to buy forza horizon 3 for PC without getting slugged $100?

It just feels wrong to pay that much for a game, especially one that's been out for a while now. Has it ever gone on sale?

radaxian

Is there any way to buy forza horizon 3 for PC without getting slugged $100?

It just feels wrong to pay that much for a game, especially one that's been out for a while now. Has it ever gone on sale?

Check out eBay. They sold a lot of console bundles with Forza Horizon 3 codes and I think plenty of people have sold them on rather than redeeming. Somewhat risky buying a code but just find someone with a bunch of recent good feedback. I had the exact same struggle but eventually scored digital codes for both Horizon 3 & Gears 4 from people selling the codes they got with bundles.

It has gone on sale, but not below about $50-60 (at least in our region)

radaxian

is there anyway i can play P4 on my PS3 without fucking around with US PSN cards etc? not an OG so it can't play PS2 games.

Only other option I can think of is to play P4 Golden on a Vita or Playstation TV. If you don't have either of those then getting US PSN credit is probably your best option.

Persona 3 FES is on the Australia store which is always an option too. (crazy that they didn't bother releasing P4)

Talking about Getgaming, I decided to sign up again for a while and they use priority postage so it only took 2 business days to get from Bordertown, SA to Canberra. Definitely makes it a more appealing prospect.

There's 20 minutes of gameplay with Giant Bomb: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cF695rZoSXQ

I'm considering getting it.
Yeah there are quite a few videos on YouTube. Polygon have a 17 minute gameplay video too, plus there are two official trailers (reveal trailer and wonder girl trailer) other than the one I linked earlier (which was the retro trailer), and there's a three part dev diary video series (featuring the project itself, sound and music, and art).

The new art and animation is amazing, that one guy managed to produce it all just blows my mind.

Yes... Yessss. I knew Aus Gaffers were good people.

Is is cheaped in US or AUS PSN?
I don't think it's available on the US PSN (or at least I can't see it listed). Maybe they can't pre-order it?

Wow, heaps of love for Wonder Boy here. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since this was one of the markets where the Master System actually had a decent foot hold.

Wow, heaps of love for Wonder Boy here. I guess it shouldn't be too surprising since this was one of the markets where the Master System actually had a decent foot hold.
Yeah I got a Master System - or more accurately, I begged my parents to get me one for the better part of a year - because my friends at school had them. I never owned Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap, but I borrowed it from my friend Kavin Wong in year 4. Kavin had awesome games, he also had Zillion, the Ninja, Lord of the Sword, and R-Type. I had the arcade ports though (Afterburner, Outrun, Double Dragon, Shinobi), and Kenseiden, so borrowing and lending negotiations could begin lol.

2Target-PS4-Pro.png

Target has some good PS4 bundles ATM

Echoplx

Looks like the TPG takeover of iiNet is finally starting to affect me, I used to sync at 16Mbps FastPath now I only get 13Mbps interleaved :(

Who's the least shit ISP for ADSL now?

I got a letter from Telstra about switching over to the N"B"N. FttN in my area, which is just galling. Ugh.

Also, I'm in the market for a second car. I start a new job soon (no more FIFO yay) and Mrs Squirrel wants a small car to commute in so I can use the family mover to handle kindy drop offs in the morning. Right now, it's between the Mazda 3 and a Toyota Corolla. Any big differences or red flags I should be aware of? We'll be buying second hand, probably around a 2012 or 2013 model.

I got a letter from Telstra about switching over to the N"B"N. FttN in my area, which is just galling. Ugh.

Also, I'm in the market for a second car. I start a new job soon (no more FIFO yay) and Mrs Squirrel wants a small car to commute in so I can use the family mover to handle kindy drop offs in the morning. Right now, it's between the Mazda 3 and a Toyota Corolla. Any big differences or red flags I should be aware of? We'll be buying second hand, probably around a 2012 or 2013 model.

If you can stretch to 2014 Mazda 3, that's the current model (which i have) and it's great.
Corolla's are fine cars just a little staid by comparison. You can't really go wrong with a well-looked after example of either.

MoonGred

My vote goes for the mazda 3. I've got a 2014 model and it's a great car to drive.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious

I'm looking at the exact same options as my first car, more car hunting this Saturday, hopefully I can find something.

Fredescu

Right now, it's between the Mazda 3 and a Toyota Corolla. Any big differences or red flags I should be aware of? We'll be buying second hand, probably around a 2012 or 2013 model.

With the Corolla, the main thing to note is that for a couple of years the sedan was a completely different model to the hatch. The hatch was the first to come out with the more modern (and more driveable) 7sp CVT, while the sedan kept the clunky old 4sp auto for a couple of years longer. I think it was 2013 that a sedan came out with the 7sp CVT.

Basically this http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2013-toyota-corolla-ascent-auto/SPOT-ITM-382808 is much better than this http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2013-toyota-corolla-ascent-auto/SPOT-ITM-324070 even though they have the same model name and year.

Tempting, but I get the feeling EB wouldn't give me much for my original PS4.

Honestly, I don't know if a PS4 Pro is worth an extra $200 over the original even if you are buying brand new. Maybe it will show its value in the time ahead.

I returned my PS4 OG 500gb which was doing a disc eject thing, and paid $80 for a Pro. I thought that was a pretty ripper deal taking into account the extra HD space.

With the Corolla, the main thing to note is that for a couple of years the sedan was a completely different model to the hatch. The hatch was the first to come out with the more modern (and more driveable) 7sp CVT, while the sedan kept the clunky old 4sp auto for a couple of years longer. I think it was 2013 that a sedan came out with the 7sp CVT.

Basically this http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2013-toyota-corolla-ascent-auto/SPOT-ITM-382808 is much better than this http://www.redbook.com.au/cars/research/used/details/2013-toyota-corolla-ascent-auto/SPOT-ITM-324070 even though they have the same model name and year.
That's good advice. Luckily we're only looking at hatchbacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom