• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Austin and Central Texas Community |OT| Tacos, Tunes, Traffic, and Torridity

It's been awhile (years) since I had them, but Round Rock Donuts at Lone Star Bakery off of 620.

1385.rrdonuts.jpg

Best local donuts around. Fresh is obviously the best!
Hopefully they didn't lose the magic that they sprinkled into every inch.

I count 8 who've expressed interest. So probably two LOL jk.
Or am I?

Pfft. I honestly believe it with the way AustinGAF is, haha. I hope everybody shows up! It's time I get out of my shell.

I knew I shouldn't have booked my mad max tickets for Saturday night. Love me some pinballz...

you failed us

It's been awhile (years) since I had them, but Round Rock Donuts at Lone Star Bakery off of 620.

1385.rrdonuts.jpg

Best local donuts around. Fresh is obviously the best!
Hopefully they didn't lose the magic, they sprinkled into to them.

Buy me a 1lb doughnut pls thx

Seriously though, I've only had it once and it was amazing!

You are missing the two best pizza places in the OP. Salvation Pizza is my all time favorite and Austin Beer Garden is rad too. I am sure other people here can back me up.

Need to commit to waking up early and getting them fresh, the next time I visit my parents.

The 1lb donut is legit.
Am I an evil person since I didn't want to share it with anybody?

No, no... You did the right thing.

You are missing the two best pizza places in the OP. Salvation Pizza is my all time favorite and Austin Beer Garden is rad too. I am sure other people here can back me up.

I wish I could, but I've never heard of those places before.

Timeaisis

I knew I shouldn't have booked my mad max tickets for Saturday night. Love me some pinballz...

That's, OK. Mad Max is awesome.

EDIT:
I have stuff going on Saturday but am planning to ditch work in the afternoon sometime tomorrow to grab a beer and catch mad max if anyone else is interested.

https://youtu.be/xGZVb1BSWjg

I miiiiiiiiiiight be down to grab drinks tonight. I already have tickets for Sunday (2nd time), but god dammit it's such a good movie I might want to go again lol. Where are you thinking?

AkuMifune

Banned
Where you thinking you'll see it?

I like the Regal on Stonelake for some reason, but no real preference. Whenever I can sneak out of work, which looks less likely as I keep getting added to meetings. Hopefully around 3pm. I'm not really fond of Drafthouse. I can't stand people eating during a movie. But I could be talked into it if I'm drinking.

Still waiting to see if I can get out. And it's such a lovely day!

I like the Regal on Stonelake for some reason, but no real preference. Whenever I can sneak out of work, which looks less likely as I keep getting added to meetings. Hopefully around 3pm. I'm not really fond of Drafthouse. I can't stand people eating during a movie. But I could be talked into it if I'm drinking.

Still waiting to see if I can get out. And it's such a lovely day!

In another thread, did you mention you've only been to the Drafthouse once?

People eating food can sometimes be an annoyance, but it's pretty rare, from my experience. You should give it another chance!

Honestly, I can't imagine going to any other theatre, except for the arthouse ones. Reserved seating is more than enough reason for me to pick the Drafthouse--the rules are a bonus.

Servbot24

Banned
Yeah eating hasn't been a problem whenever I've gone. And people chewing loudly is generally a big pet peeve for me that I would notice. That may be because I've seen mainly action movies there though.

I'm going to try to come and drag the wife along with me. Been here 5 years now and haven't actually been to pinballz yet even though I knew of it!

Hogarden and Salvation are both superior to home slice?

Also, has anyone found better fried chicken then Lucy's or 24 yet? Those are the best I've had so far

AkuMifune

Banned
In another thread, did you mention you've only been to the Drafthouse once?.

Yeah, for Man of Steel. It was the one downtown too (during the ROT Rally), maybe that had something to do with it. I'll give it another shot. It was just really distracting to try and watch the film while people to left and right were chomping away and attendants kept walking past to take orders. I'll have to assume it's not always like that, so many people love it.

I've had it only after drinking quite a bit, so I can say it's great with a buzz.

Yeah, Hoboken was my go-to when I used to spend a lot of time at Side Bar. That and the Hot Dog King trailer! Bulldog is my fav.

I still order Hoboken delivery once or twice a month. Their Greek salad is actually super delicious.

Timeaisis

timeaisis, awesome job with the thread, yo.

need a sandwich category and only incude Noble Sandwich Co on 4805 Burnet.

Formerly known as Noble Pig. It is run by two guys from NY, I believe, and frequented by food shows from all over. They are the Franklin's of the Sandwich shop. Their Noble Pig sandwich is absolutely glorious as are their bacon chocolate truffles.

I take two days a week to get lost in Austin and try new places to eat. Tonight I head to the Odd Duck down south lamar before heading to Fast Eddie's. Stoked.

Hey, thanks! Yeah, I've been meaning to try Noble Pig. I'll update the OP soon with all these new recommendations, I promise!

My friend and I will be there at 8.

I'm going to try to come and drag the wife along with me. Been here 5 years now and haven't actually been to pinballz yet even though I knew of it!

Sounds good. :)

Meier

Hoboken Pie for life!

My wife and I grab a slice every time we go to a show at Stubb's. Good stuff.

Via 313 is my new favorite though.. need to get to the brick and mortar place now that one exists, but I can't imagine it could get any better than the trailer at Craft Pride.

Timeaisis

That's fine; then we are going to need you to hit up each place in person to verify the praise each one gets in this thread.

Thanks.

Haha y'know my wife would probably down for that but my wallet sure as hell wouldn't. I need to start doing your technique of trying somewhere new twice a week. Right now we maybe try a new place once or twice a month.

If I do, I'll bring a clipboard and start taking notes.

Everybody coming in with their wife.

#ForeverAlone

Batty pls. It's only like one or two people.

Batty pls. It's only like one or two people.

Enough to make me cry. Lol

I'll cry with ya Batty

Best friend material right here.

Do not romanticize our dire situation.

#ForeverTrappedSendHelpIMO

Hey, I love being in relationships. I just still think of my last breakup of 3 years, 6 months. ヽ(`Д´)ノ

I'm good. Anyway, excited for tomorrow! By the way, if I'm quiet. That's because I'm a pretty shy person, plus I got that social anxiety of mine. I'll do my best!

terrisus

Terry, how dare you taint our hallowed thread.

Hey, I've been in Texas before
(once, for a flight transfer at Dallas/Fort Worth, going over to California, like 20 years ago >.>)
so that has to count for something :þ

It's kind of like how I've tried "Chicago Deep-Dish Pizza"
at a Pizzeria Uno's in O'Hare
in Chicago >.>

terrisus

You should change that. :3

Got a spare house laying around waiting for some inhabitants? :þ

(Unfortunately, my wife's kind of set on staying in Connecticut, so I don't have too much say in the matter >.>)
(Plus, on my side of things, once it gets over like 65F I'm too hot, so I'm not sure me and Texas would be the best match :þ )

Proof of purchase.

5FfZ3EF.jpg

Between regular and chocolate, get the regular.

I'm so fucking pumped for tomorrow because of these. I just finished up my first year at UT and I'll be grabbing a dozen + a milk for the roadtrip home. Best donuts I've ever had!!

Also, I like the Salvation Pizza mentions here. I'm eating here with my family right now for the first time.

I'm already at Pinballz Arcade. It's super packed. I'll be the tall and handsome guy wearing a gray shirt that says "Honda" in blue.
__lol__

Servbot24

Banned
I'm headed over, first stop Sherlocks. Red shirt, jeans, tall and buzzed hair. I'll check GAF when I get there if there are any updates.

Top Bottom