• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Autumn Anime 2016 |OT| The seasons change, but we're still Falling for Euri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clov

I still need to watch the last episode of Amanchu before I can give my rankings for the season. Mob Psycho ended up as my favorite in the end though. Even though its humor didn't always work, it had enjoyable characters and incredible animation.

Exalted

Is Izetta one of these anime where all the men have different ages and all the women for some reason look 17?
There were women of all ages in the first episode.
dBl7Z5M.jpg

blurr

The problem with those Monogatari rankings is that I'm not sure if it's people's taste in waifus that is thrash or more generally their views on anime. :(

It's more or less relevant to their portrayal in Monogatari than being one's waifu.

Gahara won the Harem being the protag's gf.
Hanekawa is great but was never meant to be unfortunately.
Araragi - only reason we're dealing with him is because he's the lead guy (who is occasionally funny)

Izetta Ep1

This is looking good, the princess is a strong character who is shown both fighting well and handling the diplomacy with aplomb. I like that she negotiates with the ambassador for a while before
offering her hand in marriage in return for troops
but post Dunkirkia Brittania is out of troops so no dice. I like everything so far but after being burned by High School Fleet I'll hold my horses.

Bloodivores Ep 1
I'm noticing a trend with Haoliners shows where they have the ingredients for something good but everything comes out a bit stale. Not as bad as Outcasts so far but I feel all the crime/cop stuff I enjoyed in this episode is gone from here on out.

Bubuki Buranki S2 Ep1

I missed this show, it's bright and colourful which is what I remember from Season 1 but also there is a stain of edge which I'd forgotten. I hope we get more of the former and less of the latter. I'm like brash little sister even if her team feel like a retread of the
save the limbs from an asshole core
storyline from last season.

Just T

Bubuki Buranki: 13

It's finally back and with a pretty good episode to start things off. There is no recap at all which is fine, think I still got most of the details down. I'm a bit surprised how much I liked the interactions in the beginning, it was pretty humorous. As for the team with Kaoruko, they seem pretty interesting so far. Kaoruko herself though is a bit too annoying with her eccentricity but she can get serious still so as long as they keep a balance it should be alright.

I mean it the death of anime keeps Shinkai from becoming the new Miyazaki

Okada followed up the conversation by asking Yamamoto if the kind of anime that made him want to enter the industry had disappeared. Yamamoto largely agreed, remembering that he felt as if an era had ended when Hayao Miyazaki retired. When he watched your name., he felt as if he "still had friends," and he still has hope, but he feels that the times have mostly changed.

literally an OT post. what a joke. Saying an entire medium is dead is stupid, worse then when people say "Westerns are dead" and then ignore every successful western movie of the past decade

Don't watch Fate/Zero, it'll be a major downgrade from Thunderbolt. No point in going that direction!

Unless you're one of those 'bro-takus' who get off on bro-type characters solely because they're that, disregarding any actual writing qualities. Like with waifus, you know. (Looking at you Orange Suwa lovers.) In that case you'll be gushing over Rider all day every day.

sonicmj1

www.Working 1

Good: Dad jokes

Bad: The other jokes

Ugly: I watched this instead of finally watching that movie that wrapped up the original Working series.

Unless you're one of those 'bro-takus' who get off on bro-type characters solely because they're that, disregarding any actual writing qualities. Like with waifus, you know. (Looking at you Orange Suwa lovers.) In that case you'll be gushing over Rider all day every day.

FFS stop posting this kind of shit like you know everything.

"Oh look at all those people enjoying the relationship between Rider and Waver in Fate/Zero! I think it sucks so I'm going to slap a label on everybody who likes it as a "bro-taku" who thinks this OBVIOUSLY bad writing is in any way good! LOOK HOW SMART I AM OVER ALL OF YOU!!"

Ugh. I know you have me on ignore, but screw it. Somebody needs to call you out on your bullshit.

Everyone's entitled to their own opinions but you are probably the most arrogant person in this thread. Yeah, I don't like most CG mecha but you don't see me slapping labels on people that do, do you?

Just stop.

phaze

Does this mean your name saved anime?

Kanbaru sucks, sorry. Yotsugi was a joke because she is a doll, I haven't even watched the show past episode 1.

This was yet another good joke that flew way above my head in the past weeks. I'm losing brain cells from watching anime confirmed.

Don't watch Fate/Zero, it'll be a major downgrade from Thunderbolt. No point in going that direction!

This will not trigger anyone, no sir.

E: Oh too late.

sonicmj1

All the Master/Servant relationships are fun to watch. Rider is far from the only good thing about Fate/Zero.

This is a copy paste meme, right? That's the only way I can rationalize this post in my mind.

Line_HTX

This is hilarious coming from someone who missed the ball on Soma declaring everything to be pointless.

I'll watch Fate/Zero soon-ish. Its near the top of my list with Penguindrum, Ashita no Joe, Eureka 7, Idolm@ster and Oniisame, e...

But right now I'm almost 100% focused on LoGH for backlog stuff with some HxH '99 on the side

Thud

I'll watch Fate/Zero soon-ish. Its near the top of my list with Penguindrum, Ashita no Joe, Eureka 7, Idolm@ster and Oniisame, e...

But right now I'm almost 100% focused on LoGH for backlog stuff with some HxH '99 on the side

Good, I've seen many people drop LOGH. It takes a lot to get through it all, but it's very fulfilling.

The novels make me want to watch it all again, but I rather finish what I still have left before focusing on that.

Eila

Remember Fractale? I remember. Even the guy in charge of drawing the manga roasted Yamakan for that one.

Legend of the Galactic Heroes 051

Oh my God Yang's proposal to Frederica is amazing. He's such a terrible smooth talker and way more reliant on logic then emotion, even with people he is comfortable with.

But I'm gonna be a wreck when Yang bites it. I don't think you are allowed to not be a widow in this universe.

Wanderer5

Izetta, The Last Witch #1

Well good so far. Some decent setups, through I kind of cracked up of some of the countries name.:p Fine seems pretty good so far, being strong and determined to protect her country.

Mendrox

Whats wrong with u calling people...brotakus. wtf get outside mate and let your inner feelings elsewhere out...What cool anime do you watch?

Aki-at

91 Days - 2

Well I wasn't expecting
Jotaro to bite the bullet so soon
and that conclusion too.

Considering Angelo got the letter that
conveniently listed all his targets, I get the feeling he's being manipulated from the get go.

Kuromukuro 26 (End)

So good. Even though that was an extremely open ending, I'm still pretty satisfied. I do hope PA Works chooses to continue this in some way, but with Yukina's development pretty much finished, I don't know what else they could do with her aside from the expected reunion episode. A shame Tom didn't end up being sent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom