• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avalanche (Disney Infinity, now owned by Warner) hiring for.. a UE4 Harry Potter RPG?

18-Volt

I'm surprised that this hasn't happened yet. A Harry Potter Universe AAA RPG would be a multi ten million seller. WB is just leaving money on the table.

LordKano

This is easily the most random news I've ever seen. Disney Infinity developpers working on a Unreal Engine 4-powered AAA Harry Potter RPG ? Like, what the fuck.

I always thought a HP games in the vein or Persona would be awesome. Social links with friends. Going to class. Sneaking out of school at night under invis cloak to 'enter the TV world' as such. End of year tests. Quidditch side quest.

As a side note. We're the Lego HP games any good?

LuuKyK

I always thought a HP games in the vein or Persona would be awesome. Social links with friends. Going to class. Sneaking out of school at night under invis cloak to 'enter the TV world' as such. End of year tests. Quidditch side quest.

As a side note. We're the Lego HP games any good?

They are amazing.

Vinc

Btw: fantastic work as always, Nirolak. This is a really cool find. I sure hope you're right! I've been daydreaming about AAA HP games for years.

There a lot of fun ways to handle the interaction between characters' innate abilities and affinities/training in the various magic disciplines.

EDIT: I just realized this job listing says it's for mobile. May not be the same game. But the evidence still points to HP.

Zukkoyaki

Regarding my previous post, here's the proof that it is indeed Harry Potter:

seKmUEe.png

(That's from a WB Games recruiter on Twitter.)
Boom.gif

Thanks for sharing!

Edit: Saw your edit, hype slightly lessened haha

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
This is easily the most random news I've ever seen. Disney Infinity developpers working on a Unreal Engine 4-powered AAA Harry Potter RPG ? Like, what the fuck.

Would it help if I said Warner Bros recently bought Avalanche in a bid to expand, and mentioned they might be working on "core games"?

Oh, I thought this was about Avalanche Studios, the developers that made Just Cause and Mad Max. But I guess this is a different Avalanche. Neat, I guess. Even though I never had any interest in Harry Potter... and to be honest I have never seen a Harry Potter movie or have ever bothered to read the books.

brawly

I hope we get seven years (even if it's split up in mulitple games) and hat sorting.

I need a HP Persona.

Vinc

Make a Western Persona game but set in Hogwarts.

Day fucking one.

........................Holy shit. Yeah. You're certainly onto something here.

I mean, it could only be loosely like Persona for it to have mass appeal, I think, but they could absolutely draw a ton of inspiration from it and still keep that same mass appeal.

Voror

I'd definitely be interested but hope it'd be a completely original story perhaps set at a different time period from the books.

Top Bottom