• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avalanche (Disney Infinity, now owned by Warner) hiring for.. a UE4 Harry Potter RPG?

Harmen

HP please. Semi open-world RPG (cross between Persona, Bully, and Bioware?) with a huge Hogwarts hub and prefferably set in a time before HP, with mostly a fresh set of characters. Oh, and hire some competent writers please, if you want a shot at having something close to The Witcher 3 or Horizon.

Pilgrimzero

The game ties into your Pottermore account and builds your character based on your profile there.

Hufflepuff with a King Cobra patronus ready to begin Year 1!

Excited! That tweet seems to confirm we are indeed getting a new Harry Potter game but why is the assumption that it will be an RPG? Or is that just what posters want to see.

I like the idea somebody had of essentially making a Persona clone with a HP skin. Would sell like crazy.

Vibranium

Banned
Oh man, I really do hope it's Harry Potter. WB surely knows that a good game would sell well among the fanbase and to the causal audience. Hopefully there is a school element of some sort and it is a standalone story. But yeah, something like Persona would sell...a lot. People love Hogwarts so as a designer I would keep the school element for sure.

I will expect nothing/disappointment and still hope that dreams can come true.

liquidtmd

Banned
Harry Potter Persona.

Judging by the fanfiction, the amount of guys buying it just to have their characters stalk Hermione...Oh god the PC mods.

What have we done.

Voror

The concept alone has a lot of potential. Just off the top of my head you could have perhaps a Skill Tree system related to the different subjects at Hogwarts that give you different spells or skills.

Harry Potter Persona.

Judging by the fanfiction, the amount of guys buying it just to have their characters stalk Hermione...Oh god the PC mods.

What have we done.
I think I'll get it for consoles since mods are harder to get than dates. To avoid this insanity
and the temptation

Voror

PLEASE.

Literally my dream game.

(Well LOTR White Council was my dream game, but this'll do)

Oh wow, I remember that game. Remember being bummed when it got cancelled. Reminds me of that Pirates of the Caribbean game that actually looked interesting from trailers that got canned.

Make it as good as these

67502-Harry_Potter_and_the_Chamber_of_Secrets_(USA,_Europe)_(En,Fr,De,Es,It,Pt,Nl,Sv,Da)-8.jpg

and I'm in freaking day zero. One of the funnest licensed games I ever played.

Man I had this game when I was younger but I was too young to understand the goodness I had and sold it XD

Holy shit, please be Harry Potter and have a fantastically charming art style. Hopefully something quite stylised.

This could be the Harry Potter game that comes closest to my dream one.

Oh wow, I remember that game. Remember being bummed when it got cancelled. Reminds me of that Pirates of the Caribbean game that actually looked interesting from trailers that got canned.

I knew nothing about this until now. Knife in my heart.

Seriously imagine Skyrim but with lore that was actually engaging.

Kidding... mostly. I like Elder Scrolls lore. But the thought of a fully fledged Middle Earth that I can explore makes me salivate.

Kinsei

Banned
This could be so great. I wonder if it will follow the plot of the books/movies or if it will be it's own thing. Also it would be great if we got to live out our entire school life instead fo just a single year.

If this is Persona but with Wizards I'm fucking SOLD.

Yes please.

Datschge

I guess a good chance for British developers to flee from Brexit while still being able to cultivate their British culture. ^^

No, this one being talked here is Avalanche SOFTWARE. The Just Cause and Mad Max teams are independent and are part of Avalanche STUDIOS
Thanks for the clarification, so it's in Salt Lake City, not in Stockholm or NYC.

Fucking yes this is what ive been dreaming about! Im so happy! Even if we dont see this for like four years im
On cloud 9!

Id love if it was structured like a pre me2 bioware game, crossed with persona social elements. And a character creator that let you contstruct what he/she will look like every year at hogwarts as they age

Bizzquik

I think it's likely to be Fantastic Beasts centered since they're going to continue making those movies.

Correct :-\

While most of us would much prefer Harry Potter & Hogwarts, this game would almost certainly be set in-and-around the earlier timeline of the upcoming movies - and set in the States.

I think it's likely to be Fantastic Beasts centered since they're going to continue making those movies.

They can still take advantage of movie timelines. I'd love for an original RPG where you can go to Hogwarts and (for the sake of not making the game too ambitions) you have the options of becoming a Auror to fight against Grindelwald's forces or a young Voldemort.

In honestly I just want an HD quidditch game T_T

Rellik

Correct :-

While most of us would much prefer Harry Potter & Hogwarts, this game would almost certainly be set in-and-around the earlier timeline of the upcoming movies - and set in the States.

Then why is it asking for British in the job description?

Please be a HP RPG. I've wanted this for so long.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
An RPG sounds good. I would like an MMO with all of the different schools or some shit though, personally.

MrMephistoX

The Harry Potter part is speculation, but: http://www.warnerbroscareers.com/search-jobs/?157583BR

1.) Warner Brothers basically only ever publishes games based on IPs they work with, and this game is listed as having "franchise representatives".

Edit:

Some extra info:

http://www.warnerbroscareers.com/search-jobs/?157376BR

http://www.warnerbroscareers.com/search-jobs/?157322BR

They're making Cars 3 though so it could technically be a disney property: Harry Potter makes a little more sense.

Top Bottom