• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avalanche:fans who want Max to have an Aussie accent in Mad Max Game: It shall be so.

Shouldn't pretty much everyone in the game have an Australian accent though? Isn't the point that Mad Max is set in post apocalyptic Australia?

N2NOther

Banned
I'm a huge Mad Max fan (the first two anyway) and I didn't give two shits about his accent. I do feel bad for the devs who clearly are making a good game that looks amazing but the only talking point has been the friggin' accent b

Ummm... the voice actor. I'm pretty sure it wasn't going to be a Swedish man doing Max's voice.

So it's Americas fault that a Swedish developer isn't making a true Mad Max game because they want to sell the game in the US? Gotcha. 'Merica really does ruin everything.

H2Yo

So it's Americas fault that a Swedish developer isn't making a true Mad Max game because they want to sell the game in the US? Gotcha. 'Merica really does ruin everything.

Talk about taking something out of context. What I am saying is I hope that Avalanche get an Australian to do the voice of an Australian character. I am yet to see an American voice actor or any other nationality for that matter pull of a convincing Australian accent.

Simo

Pretty awesome of Avalanche to make the change after so many cried foul over it. I can see why people were up in arms over the issue but for me personally it didn't bother me.

Why was it changed in the first place, that's what I'd like to know.

Probably because of Fury Road. Max is a pom and they're no aussie accents because of the large international cast and I believe Miller has mentioned it isn't set in Australia but just the "Wasteland".

Conceptual artists that also worked on the film are working on the game too which is why the Interceptor looks like a hybrid of the Road Warrior-Fury Road one along with Max's outfit featuring some of the FR touches, along with weapons and marauders.

People mentioning Dog...one of the E3 interviews with Avalanche...Gamespot perhaps?...mentioned there would be Dog. Also I recall one of the previews that saw the demo mention that the Wasteland did feature Australian road signs...

spanks

Good on ya Avalanche! Not as cool as actually being set in Australia, but at least the game isn't completely Americanized.

Now make the game awesome.

nded

Oh, neat. Max shouldn't have more than a handful of lines anyway, so hopefully they wouldn't have to scrap much.

Sojgat

Good, now that the bare minimum requirement for a Mad Max game has been met, perhaps I will be interested in it.

Effect

I believe they said the game isnt going to be set in Australia. Which makes the decision to go with an Australian accent kind of strange when you think about it. :D

I don't think that should matter. If the character is Max he should have an Australian accent regardless of where he goes. The movies were like that for a few characters. Unless they're trying to change the entire history of the character. At that point don't call it a Mad Max game.

saladine1

Too fucking right mate!

Seriously though, this is great news. Should never have been otherwise.

All they need now is to change the setting as well...

"I am the Nightrider. I'm a fuel injected suicide machine. I am the rocker, I am the roller, I am the out-of-controller! "

tsumineko

I hope they haven't already signed a voice actor to a contract then, they will be making a non-Australian try and Australian accent and we all know the only person who is capable of that is Quentin Tarantino.

Please get a real Aussie to do it....

...and set the game in Australia...

...or don't mention where it is set. Then we can just imagine!

Sojgat

"Two days ago, I saw a vehicle that would haul that tanker. You want to get out of here? You talk to me."

Still epic.

They should just get Mel. Surely he comes cheap these days.

Man

I have a feeling this one will be quite lovely visually (and in gameplay). Next-gen Avalance game with a cool license.

Simo

This showed up via the official FB page. Concept art of the Magnum Opus:
998349_478663742218008_660884790_n.png

Also looks like the game or the movie will have a strong showing at Comic Con...
http://sdccblog.com/2013/07/mad-max-coming-to-comic-con/

Top Bottom