• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avatar Community |OT| Live. Die. Repeat.

Well, the solution to that is audiobooks.

I was a snob and didn't consider audiobooks to be 'real' reading until college where I was basically forced to do it because of all the time I spent walking between classes was time I couldn't read.

Turns out it's just as good as, with the only weakness being that it's not as fast. But being able to listen to a story while I walked around or did chores basically changed the game for me. And then I read a study that showed that people have as good a comprehension of audiobooks as they did reading, so there's basically no downside to them unless the narrator is bad.

And Red Rising has a REALLY good audiobook narrator.
I should try this at some point, hopefully my ADD doesn't get in the way of that.

Veelk

Banned
I started listening to audiobooks for the rivers of london series due to the time investment. I can nowadays usually read comics and manga. an audiobook will allow me to multitask

For me, it depends on what I feel like.

The advantage of audiobooks is that you can multitask.

The advantage of reading is speed and usually a better voice.

Veelk

Banned
I'll also dump this fan art here. Because I can.

tumblr_o8paxcf9O61sjsbvyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_o6m5kxlrLF1sjsbvyo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_ogbbho9s3z1sjsbvyo1_1280.jpg

And a fan song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7F5oKE3r1kU

Veelk

Banned
Not really. People worshipped an actual, physical snake they believe that a god has incarnated into, for one. For another, Glycon is basically benevolent. He's a fertility god and also protects people from plagues. They're not much into world domination or anything.

Veelk. I saw you post in that "how R&C lost its edge" thread. Did you watch the entire video? Or did that GoW related comment just trigger your Veelk senses?

I'm so disappointed with how they handled the narrative and tone of that game and the movie. God dang.

Veelk

Banned
Veelk. I saw you post in that "how R&C lost its edge" thread. Did you watch the entire video? Or did that GoW related comment just trigger your Veelk senses?

I'm so disappointed with how they handled the narrative and tone of that game and the movie. God dang.

Both.

I feel like the R&C guy has a point with his criticism, but I also found it hard to care. Partially because I haven't played the new R&C, partially because I played the old R&C's literal decades ago. So basically I just saw people praising God of War and thought "Well, let's put that out, shall we?"

I can see how it sucks if you were a bigger and more active fan of R&C tho. The new R&C looked painfully unfunny.

Obviously Kuvira

However i heard Korra is going to develop a taste for carpets she likes to munch so Asami will be fine and happy
Who's to say Kuvira can't fill that need? I pretty much imagine any physical throw down between those two to have the ending result of an Ultimate Surrender match...don't google that at work if you don't know what that is.

caliph95

Who's to say Kuvira can't fill that need? I pretty much imagine any physical throw down between those two to have the ending result of an Ultimate Surrender match...don't google that at work if you don't know what that is.
Too late did for a second before pressing back in the lib.

I imagine they use training equipment for excercise

and the sub is trash again

Too late did for a second before pressing back in the lib.

I imagine they use training equipment for excercise

and the sub is trash again
I don't know what they do...some need to brush up on their grappling so they don't get trashed by Dia Zherva.

Top Bottom