• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

J10

Banned
I couldnt have sword the same scene has Vision in it in one trailer and not the other.

I wonder how may more scenes they are cutting him out of.

He's not being cut from scenes, he's just been dropped in later in the production process. The marketing was obviously being put together in parallel with the movie. They're showing both complete and incomplete versions of the same shots. The scene of them leaping together has some differences between commercials, for example..

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
https://www.yahoo.com/movies/marvel-jeremy-latcham-avengers-age-of-ultron-116641105597.html

Interview with executive producer Jeremy Latcham:

What are the stand-out scenes for you?

I think the final battle is going to be really, really awesome and unexpected. I think things are going to happen in it that no-one’s going to see coming and people are going to be like: “Whaaaaa? Oh my God!” I really think it’s going to be surprising just the amount of stuff that happen in the final battle.

hnnnngh

Also, a review of the film's score.

http://www.filmsonwax.co.uk/aou/

Altairre

Going to see this next Thursday.
enhanced-buzz-28895-1301694293-0.jpg

Pachimari

Can someone tell me what an Imax experience is? We are getting our first IMAX cinema at the premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron, but are you just watching the movie on a larger screen basically?

Quick

Banned
Can someone tell me what an Imax experience is? We are getting our first IMAX cinema at the premiere of Avengers: Age of Ultron, but are you just watching the movie on a larger screen basically?

Something like this:

316125-imax.jpg

Seats might be more like a stadium setup (the theatre is on a curve, as if on a bowl, instead of an incline).

It's going to be loud because of the speakers incorporated into the theatre, as well.

duckroll

What sort of IMAX cinema? If it's the same ones they're rolling out all over the world these days, it's going to be just a digital IMAX cinema which... would just be a larger and more expensive regular cinema. You probably won't really feel much of a difference for a regular movie, especially if there are already good large digital screens in your country with solid sound systems.

IMAX these days is just a brand honestly. Best not to be too taken in by the marketing. If a movie is shot in IMAX, watching it on an IMAX screen will offer more picture. On a real IMAX screen (70mm, not digital), it can be really impressive, on a digital IMAX screen it's cool but not super duper cool. Watching IMAX shorts in dome IMAX screens (usually only part of museums and science centers) is also really, really cool.

In terms of 3D films, I would definitely recommend a digital IMAX screen because the quality of the projection is generally great, and if you're going to pay a premium for a 3D flick anyway, might as well get the best experience.

Hope that helps.

Quick

Banned
I used to be caught up in the IMAX/3D/best possible theatre craze a few years back, especially around the time of Avengers.

Not sure if being older had anything to do with it, but I stopped caring and figured I'm getting the same movie, minus insane sound or eye-bleeding picture.

That being said, I'd definitely splurge on IMAX if it's a movie I really want to see and if it's not out of my way.

Cineplex has a number of UltraAVX theatres here in Canada, so it's not too hard to get premium quality without the IMAX brand. Reserved seating is also a huge plus.

Sound is a lot better too. Just a cooler experience in general.
I rarely see movies in IMAX, but I made sure to see Interstellar in IMAX and it was an amazing experience.

Unfortunately my theater is only showing Avengers in IMAX 3D, so I have to pass on that. 3D isn't worth the extra money

Looked through the junior novelization today and one of the pictures revealed something about the Hydra sequence that I think is kind of cool. Minor spoiler

Hydra soldiers at that base are wearing Chitauri armor that was repurposed. That would explain how they probably last a few extra seconds in battle.

Quick

Banned
Looked through the junior novelization today and one of the pictures revealed something about the Hydra sequence that I think is kind of cool. Minor spoiler

Hydra soldiers at that base are wearing Chitauri armor that was repurposed. That would explain how they probably last a few extra seconds in battle.

Related to the comic posted a few posts up:

The comic posted a few posts above have Hydra soldiers looking similar to the Chitauri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom