• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
He confirms that
someone swings Mjolnir besides Thor at some point, but doesn't say who.
Ugh.
I wanted that moment saved for VS Thanos with Cap doing it. Granted, the spoiler doesn't say who does it, but the one earlier said Vision. Maybe androids are immune to the magic of the hammer.

EDIT: Okay, time for a new avatar. I had a Cap avatar that I cycled through occasionally, but this calls for a new one. Should I make Phoney Bone influenced by Ultron or by Vision?

Vision bro.

danielcw

It's going to be a long week....

ulxukb3.png

I am so jealous
because it is 2D

Guy who was at the screening is doing an AMA on Reddit. And he posted a pic of his ticket so I'm assuming the info's legit
http://www.reddit.com/r/marvelstudios/comments/32jhkr/
He's being vague and spoiler-tagging some of his answers, which is nice

If there's anything to take from this is:

Film was GREAT...and I'm primarily a DC guy. Totally fun..great action, great laughs.

I really liked Cap in this movie...and Im not even a big fan of his.

How awesome is the movie?

[–]ScottVGun 7 points 9 hours ago
10/10 would watch again

This is going to be a hard 2 in a half weeks.

Hmmm. Redditer says that Vision
doesn't phase through things or manipulate his density.
Shame. Maybe they are saving that for later.

And on a random note, I was thinking about Civil War coming up. What if it is a reverse from the comics, and it isn't Cap as the fugitive but Iron Man? Tony is wanted for war crimes after Ultron kills thousands (maybe millions, who knows right now), and Cap has to bring him in. Tony of course won't go quietly.

And on a random note, I was thinking about Civil War coming up. What if it is a reverse from the comics, and it isn't Cap as the fugitive but Iron Man? Tony is wanted for war crimes after Ultron kills thousands (maybe millions, who knows right now), and Cap has to bring him in. Tony of course won't go quietly.

That would make me sad because after The Winter Solider I want to side with Cap on everything.

jmood88

Nothing that we've seen suggests that Steve would be the one wanting everyone to register.

That would make me sad because after The Winter Solider I want to side with Cap on everything.

It depends on how awful things get with Ultron really. And in my scenario, I don't see Cap being a government stooge trying to just stomp Tony down. I see him as trying to bring him in because it is the right thing to do since Tony needs to answer for the deaths on his shoulders, but also feeling bad about it and trying to reason with him. But of course Tony won't have that. He must always be right and will fight anyone that tells him differently.

Nothing that we've seen suggests that Steve would be the one wanting everyone to register.

Agreed. But I didn't mention registration. I just mentioned Tony being brought in for war crimes because of Ultron. We know they won't (thankfully) be adapting Civil War as it was in the comics, so they need to twist it some. Registration makes no sense right now in the MCU, so I am just theorizing is all.

whipihguh

Banned
The guys from SHH are saying that, at the end
Tony doesn't so much as has a feud with Cap than he does just removes himself from the Avengers, (likely due to guilt over Ultron, I'm assuming)
. Maybe
things change between then and Civil War to cause Tony to come back in against Cap's team?

I think Tony is going to realize he fucked up by making Ultron and join/help the government create a superhero watch dog program.

WS already laid the ground work for Cap defying the government.

If they change/use anything from the comic CW they need to change Spider-man's arc. His characters actions in the series is so unlike Peter that it soured a lot of people at the time. There is no way Peter wouldn't follow Captain America. He knows better than anyone what happens when enemies find out your identity.

Really the only way to do work sometimes.

Eh, I have been putting it off for some time. I have been meaning to get back into my artwork after being off and on for a decade or so. I used to draw multiple pictures a night when in high school and college, but once I got to working 40 hrs a week and having a social life, it dropped off. I think I have only done two or three things in the last year, which is sad. I need to get my ass in gear.

But here is an Ultron picture I did early last year when I was learning how to use Manga Studio for the first time.

JqbGAqol.jpg

Ugh. It is ugly. I know I can do better, but I still need to adjust to working in digital and not with pen and paper.

Pachimari

What is the best way to forget all of the spoilers I have read?

I have never read as many spoilers for a movie before seeing it, as I have Age of Ultron.

E the Shaggy

So re the Vision spoilers:

He can lift the hammer I guess because he's not really alive?

The early scene with the team trying to lift it made me think Cap would do it.

J10

Banned
Y'all remember how the hammer works? Worthiness. Why are you stepping outside that box all of a sudden? It ain't got shit to do with machine or organic, or else Stan Lee would have dragged it out the dirt by a chain in his pickup truck in Thor 1.

Y'all remember how the hammer works? Worthiness. Why are you stepping outside that box all of a sudden? It ain't got shit to do with machine or organic, or else Stan Lee would have dragged it out the dirt by a chain in his pickup truck in Thor 1.
A human was still driving the truck though... :p

whipihguh

Banned

The spoilers I've been reading say that Thor accidentally brings Vision to life while trying to attack it with lightning from his hammer. Perhaps him being powered up using Mjolnir's power has an effect on making him worthy?
Or,
maybe it's just because JARVIS was always a stand-up AI.

J10

Banned
The rumors I've been reading say that Thor accidentally brings Vision to life while trying to attack it with lightning from his hammer. Perhaps him being powered up using Mjolnir's power has an effect on making him worthy?
Or,
maybe it's just because JARVIS was always a stand-up AI.

I think it's the latter. There will probably be something in the story that justifies it, if it happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom