• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whedon’s first cut of Age of Ultron came in at nearly three and a half hours; eventually, he and Feige worked together to slice the film down to 142 minutes.

Admittedly I know little about filming, but aside from a shit load of takes and deleted scenes(which only add up to ten minutes on most Blu-Ray Extras how on earth is that even possible for a film to be 3.5 hours on the first cut, brought down to 142 minutes?

@_@

Just watched Winter Soldier for the first time since theaters. I think the elevator scene is my favorite scene in the MCU. I forgot how great this movie was and I'm fully hyped for AoU, and probably for Cap for than anyone.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Welp, this actress slipped up. I missed her name but she plays someone who trained Scarlett Witch. Who would that be?

EDIT: Feige is up.

Just watched Winter Soldier for the first time since theaters. I think the elevator scene is my favorite scene in the MCU. I forgot how great this movie was and I'm fully hyped for AoU, and probably for Cap for than anyone.

Elevator scene is awesome, but the Zola information dump scene is my favorite. No action, just a creepy info dump that shows just how awesome Hydra really is, and we get the closest approximation to robot Zola we can get.

kurahador

The elevator scene is like the only scene I can remember from Winter Soldier. It's not really a memorable movie to me.

Really? You don't remember the scene where Cap ran towards WS and he punch the shield and it goes "dingggg!!"...coz that was the holy shit moment for me.

Pachimari

That highway fight is like one of the best action sequences in a comic book film though.

Really? You don't remember the scene where Cap ran towards WS and he punch the shield and it goes "dingggg!!"...coz that was the holy shit moment for me.
Nope, it wasn't memorable to me. I do remember the stealth infiltration in the start which really showed Cap had progressed. And Falcon were awesome.

Also I feel sad that they have cut some of the Thor subplot in Age of Ultron. It feels like Thor is constantly undermined. They really have to knock it out of the park with Thor: Ragnarok.

Feige confirming that it was Joss's idea to make Ultron the villain.

For all the shit I have given Whedon over the years, the fact that he was pushing to bring Ultron to film puts him in the cool camp for me.

I still think this film is basically going to be Whedon knowing he won't be back and going balls deep into nerd territory and giving us tons of geek out moments that he was afraid we wouldn't get otherwise.

EDIT: Damn. Scarlett rocking that short cut. Hard.

Pachimari

Robert Downey Junior have arrived in his Audi! He is really enjoying it and the fans are going crazy.

I'm totally #TeamIronMan!

[edit] The stream is dead..

Quick

Banned
I'm just skimming through the stream right now from the beginning.

Gotta give it up to the hosts doing this live stream. Must be difficult having to fill up this much time without commercial breaks.

I'm just skimming through the stream right now from the beginning.

Gotta give it up to the hosts doing this live stream. Must be difficult having to fill up this much time without commercial breaks.

Lorraine Cink (redhead) does a great job hosting Marvel's Watcher on YouTube.

Quick

Banned
Aaron Taylor-Johnson swerved on the "which comic book did you like"-type question. Ain't even mad though lol.

Edit: Ming-Na Wen and Jeremy Renner ran into each other on the red carpet. That definitely has to mean Hawkguy is confirmed for Agents of SHIELD.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Exclusive clip starting now.

EDIT: Ultron showing a lot more personality.

EDIT2: Expected more filters on his voice TBH. He sounds very human.

That looked fucking awesome though.

Yup. Although Ultron cracking wise before starting a beat down was not something I liked. Having said that, I did love Spader's performance of it.

Quick

Banned
"Look at all your toys you've got."

"Yeah you can take a look at those if you want."

"I don't wanna play with your toys."

Fucking Renner. lol

jmood88

Man, did Tony use some of his brainwaves for the Ultron AI or something? Because a snarky robot was not the vibe I was expecting
It's James Spader doing dialogue from a Joss Whedon script playing a character created by, and based on, Robert Downey Jr. I'm really not sure how you could've expected anything else.

Ultron being snarky is simply Whedon being Whedon. One thing that has always bugged me about his writing is that every character seems to have the same voice in the end. Let's hope that is just an outlier and we still get the cold, merciless Ultron.

Quick

Banned

Based purely on the last part of the clip using an older version of the group fight shot (no Quicksilver), it might be a version of the scene still missing some voice filters that are in the final version or something. But it didn't bother me so much.

Doesn't sound like his voice is final. All the trailers seem to have him having some sort of filter on it. Here it just sounds like the raw recording. I don't mind it though. I rather he have some personality than just him spitting out random robotic one liners throughout the entire thing.

Quick

Banned
Feige still milking that South Korea teat talking about filming around the world. Johannesburg gets a passing mention, while Seoul gets some emphasis.

Pachimari

I'm actually a bit happy Whedon is out for Infinity War. The first Avengers weren't that good and I have to admit, that it's hard getting hyped for Age of Ultron. Maybe it's because it isn't a solo flick for a lower tier hero.

I'm just glad the Russo brothers are onto Infinity War.

HeySeuss

I'm not so sure I like Ultrons voice so human sounding. I thought he had more roboty reverb. It's kind of jarring hearing his voice so clear.

Pachimari

Maybe the scene is towards the end, where the Avengers will go free the twins. That's why his voice have evolved to human-like sound. Dunno, just my guess.

AMUSIX

Welp, this actress slipped up. I missed her name but she plays someone who trained Scarlett Witch. Who would that be?

EDIT: Feige is up.

That was Julie Delpy. She mentions teaching Scarlett, but I believe she's talking about Johansson, which makes her character one of the Russian teachers in the Red Room flashback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom