• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Avengers: Age of Ultron | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

whipihguh

Banned
I think it's the latter. There will probably be something in the story that justifies it, if it happens.
Either way, super disappointed that
Vision uses the hammer first if true. Cap using it in Infinity War would've been great as a series climax, not to mention Cap almost lifting it at the party seemed to be implying that he'd be the first person who wasn't Thor to be worthy. It'll probably still happen and be cool as all hell, but it's gonna seem a bit redundant at that point.

Pachimari

I'm also quite disappointed with what's being talked about in the spoiler.

Anyway, Falcon and War Machine are there! BAM.
I have a feeling we won't see them suit up in Age of Ultron though.

shield

EY3j0Zj.jpg

CUT THE CHECK

He's gotta mingle

whipihguh

Banned
I'm also quite disappointed with what's being talked about in the spoiler.

Anyway, Falcon and War Machine are there! BAM.
I have a feeling we won't see them suit up in Age of Ultron though.

Apparently, War Machine does in the final fight.
Falcon also suits up at the end as a part of the new Avengers team, but it's a blink and you'll miss it thing, I've read.

Pachimari

Apparently, War Machine does in the final fight.
Falcon also suits up at the end as a part of the new Avengers team, but it's a blink and you'll miss it thing, I've read.
That ending is gonna be all kinds of crazy. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes!

I just don't understand this whole
new Avengers team. Aren't all of the heroes including Iron Man gonna show up in Infinity War anyway? So why even make a new team? Or maybe it is more like a rotation of members, and Iron Man is out while others are in.

So re the Vision spoilers:

He can lift the hammer I guess because he's not really alive?

The early scene with the team trying to lift it made me think Cap would do it.

I'm just pissed at why they're doing it so early. That should've been saved for Infinity War. Who the FUCK signed off for that?

I'm just pissed at why they're doing it so early. That should've been saved for Infinity War. Who the FUCK signed off for that?

Agreed. Whedon confirmed to be giant Vision fanboy above all others confirmed!

I agree with this and it's why I partly don't understand why they are doing it with Age of Ultron.

Whedon knew he wouldn't get another chance, so he went with it instead of hoping someone else does it.

Also, maybe get it out of the way now so that we won't be too taken aback in Ragnarok when Beta Ray Bill shows up and starts wielding the hammer like it's nothing.

Pachimari

It's probably only
gonna be Iron Man who leaves though right? Probably Bruce too, and then War Machine, Falcon and Scarlet Witch joins.

Pachimari

Also, maybe get it out of the way now so that we won't be too taken aback in Ragnarok when Beta Ray Bill shows up and starts wielding the hammer like it's nothing.
Oh. I'm talking about
the new Avengers team. But I don't get why Vision should be the first one to lift the hammer either.
Oh well..

[edit]
Stupid double post. You guys are posting too little. ;)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
That ending is gonna be all kinds of crazy. I can't wait to see it with my own eyes!

I just don't understand this whole
new Avengers team. Aren't all of the heroes including Iron Man gonna show up in Infinity War anyway? So why even make a new team? Or maybe it is more like a rotation of members, and Iron Man is out while others are in.

Agents of SHIELD is playing with this idea since
Coulson is trying to build an academy of superpowered individuals.

whipihguh

Banned
It's probably only
gonna be Iron Man who leaves though right? Probably Bruce too, and then War Machine, Falcon and Scarlet Witch joins.

-
Stark
decides that it's best he stop playing hero after Ultron and leaves the team by himself. Doesn't seem to be any animosity towards him and the rest of the team yet, from what I've read.

-
Banner
abandons the team at some point in the final fight and leaves in a Quinjet (I think?). Although there's mention that it seems to crash somewhere, like in the ocean or something. So the rumor of Hulk in GotG2 is, once again, bullshit.

-
Clint
doesn't so much as leave the team as he takes a break to go home and be a family man.

Also,
Scarlet Witch
gets a new suit at the end. Red leather, I've read it's similar to Widows leather suit. She doesn't get the crown thing she wears in the comics.

Thriller

A question in between als this spoilerific goodness : I heard that the new Star Wars trailer will be shown before AoU. Is this confirmed and will it also be shown in The Netherlands (Europe)?

J10

Banned
It's not like there was Captain America and Red Skull in the 40's and then nothing for the next 70 years. Agents of SHIELD makes it clear that people with powers have been around for a long time.

So people with abilites are common now? He asks the question like it's no big thing
Well, he has powers, as fought next to a god, an uncontrollable green rage monster, and seen his supposedly dead friend brought back to life as a brainwashed super soldier. New powers being encountered is probably just a Tuesday for Cap now.

The GAF MCU crew has driven itself nuts with wanting that to happen with absolutely zero evidence from anywhere that that would be likely.

If anything, generally you don't present a Chekhov's Gun like that in one film only for it to never actually fire until a film several years later.

Besides,
Cap with Mjolnir would still get completely schooled by Thanos with the IG.

dankir

Alright guys too many spoilers in this thread. Somebody is going to fuck up and ruin something for us. I'm unsubscribing.

I'm out, April 30th IMAX 3D BITCHES!

PEACE!

Neoxon

Referring to the clip about briefing on the Twins, someone get Blizzard because I don't think a first aid kit could fix Cap's burn on Hill.

jmood88

To be fair, these clips have mainly just been extended moments that were already seen in the trailers, rather than showing a lot of new stuff. Compared to, say...ASM2, where you could piece together the entire movie.
Yeah, other than the clip during the premier, we've seen a bunch of short clips during the same handful of sequences that were in the first trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom