• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Balotelli Faces FA Probe Over 'Racist' Pic of Super Mario

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know... still don't see how it's anti-semitic.

One in three people are anti-Semitic. Look around you. If the individuals to your left and right see how blatantly anti-Semitic "grabs coins like a Jew is" and you don't, it's probably you.

Kidding of course. But seriously, dude.

That is a trademark Jewish stereotype. That is the Jewish stereotype. And stereotypes have been used against Jewish people in very harmful ways time and time again through history. Perpetuating it is not harmless. It's outright harmful. And hurtful.

j3ff3

Banned
No of that helps your case or contradicts what I said. It's still racism, you can argue the severity all you want but don't pretend, that it isn't and don't pretend that society has gone mad for simply pointing this out to you.

of course it does. it's a matter of context.

whoszed

I mean, it is a little bit weird to put a joke based on racial stereotypes in your anti-racism poster.

That said, it is a joke.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
of course it does. its not a matter of severity. it's a matter of intention.

No intention doesn't matter, you don't have to have malicious intent to be racist. Again these are simple concepts that should have been made aware to you. That doesn't mean people should demonize that in itself but it should mean you should consciously sort out any such unconscious bias and beliefs that maybe apparent in your actions you have and actively generalising races is not that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom