• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman: Arkham Asylum' (PS3/X360/PC) Officially Announced

jet1911

16qgr4.jpg

For those who cares.

"I've loved.
I've suffered.
Now.
I hate."

The Riddler speaks French?

raYne

Another_visitor said:
Must be some wierd looking dudes where you live.

See this:
Orlics said:
Yeah, what's with the Joker? He isn't the Joker without the huge mouth.

He doesn't look the least bit crazy/menacing without it. As I said, he just looks like some dude.. just with makeup on.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
jet1911 said:
16qgr4.jpg

For those who cares.

"I've loved.
I've suffered.
Now.
I hate."

The Sphynx speaks French?

They could reuse this screen for the next Nolan movie. :lol

Someone already came out with a poster...

tdkreturnsfanmadeposter-424x600.jpg

Haunted One said:
Am I the only one getting an Escape from Butcher Bay vibe from the screens?

And the Joker is totally modelled after Jack Nicholson.

Again going back to the way of calling these versions of the characters the 'best of' versions, Joker does looks like he borrows elements from Nicholson's Joker, Ledger's Joker, and the comic adaptations.

RyuHayate

Linkzg said:
Again going back to the way of calling these versions of the characters the 'best of' versions, Joker does looks like he borrows elements from Nicholson's Joker, Ledger's Joker, and the comic adaptations.

Yeah, I can totally see that. He looks great.

Joker actually reminds me a lot of the older version of Joker shown briefly in Kingdom Come. They definatley are taking a cue from Alex Ross' designs for this game.

Haunted

Linkzg said:
Possibly. It's just that I immediately thought "Nicholson" seeing that screen.

27zx281.jpg

I'm not familiar with the various Joker designs from the comics, so I can't comment on those. I like that model. :)

AniHawk

Haunted One said:
Possibly. It's just that I immediately thought "Nicholson" seeing that screen.

27zx281.jpg

I'm not familiar with the various Joker designs from the comics, so I can't comment on those. I like that model. :)

Well the Joker art from the cover of Game Informer is a lot closer to the comics. The Joker's not a very muscular guy. His thick neck and wide face in this game makes him look stupid (see the other screen).

Like Ghostbusters, I think this game is gonna be pretty average.

Zoltrix

AniHawk said:
Well the Joker art from the cover of Game Informer is a lot closer to the comics. The Joker's not a very muscular guy. His thick neck and wide face in this game makes him look stupid (see the other screen).

Did you read the article? If it's anything like what they wrote, it's going to be incredible.

Malfunky

brendanrfoley said:
Sigh. It's sad you think this.

Come on, he's allowed to not like Alex Ross.

He's a fantastic artist, no doubt, but his traditional costume style just proves the need for the more practical armored costumes they use in movies. Spandex on a realistic model looks ridiculous. And the model he uses is a friggin giant.

I really like the look of this Batman, though. Traditional look, reinforced armor, reasonable muscle bulk, "Grr, angry" chin.

methane47

i said wow... I am having a hard time believing my eyes with this... I mean... a Batman game.. that looks... dare I say... good? EPIC if true.

Malfunky said:
Come on, he's allowed to not like Alex Ross.

He's a fantastic artist, no doubt, but his traditional costume style just proves the need for the more practical armored costumes they use in movies. Spandex on a realistic model looks ridiculous. And the model he uses is a friggin giant.

I really like the look of this Batman, though. Traditional look, reinforced armor, reasonable muscle bulk, "Grr, angry" chin.

I think saying "I don't like Alex Ross' work" is different than saying it looks like shit. One is a statement, the other is a fact. And whether you like his work or not, Ross is a very talented artist.

RetroMG

Ninja Scooter said:
Joker actually reminds me a lot of the older version of Joker shown briefly in Kingdom Come. They definatley are taking a cue from Alex Ross' designs for this game.

Thank you, I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought that.

And while I love Alex Ross' work and adore Kingdom Come, I don't feel that older version of the Joker fits here.

Haunted

AniHawk said:

True, the other screen gives a completely different vibe.

Amir0x said:
heh I JUST noticed the Joker in this image :lol

Yeah, if that was actually a part in the game where you have to fight these enemies as Joker stands above and laughs at you while you can't run up to him, well that would be awesome.

AniHawk said:

This game is going to be average based on what? Cause you don't like a particular design? Really, these statements are based on absolutely nothing. The screens look great, designs are pretty ok in general, so so far there's no reason to start hating. Let's wait on trailers/footage first

To tell you the truth, even if the game turns out "average," I will still be happy.

For me, the lure of this title is the license. So an average, C or C+ game with a great license, for fans of that license, will feel like a good B or B+ game. And considering Batman's history of terrible games, I'd love that.

karasu said:
Alex Ross's Batman has the same problem. He looks like shit.

Alex ross' batman looks like a darker Adam West batman, it's his biggest problem. It does look like shit.

He's a great painter but some of his characters look like Ordinary people in "Simple" halloween costumes.

The Bookerman said:
Alex ross' batman looks like a darker Adam West batman, it's his biggest problem. It does look like shit.

He's a great painter but some of his characters look like Ordinary people in "Simple" halloween costumes.
That's the whole point, Ross draws them in a photorealistic way so of course they'll look like guys in tights.

AniHawk

Mr. Durden said:
This game is going to be average based on what?

Based on the thing being a licensed game. People are/were hyped for Ghostbusters when all signs point to the thing being a forgettable affair that's fun for fans of the franchise. Pretty sure that's what will become of this too.

I'm just looking at the track record here. Urban Chaos, that's it. It's like all the Wii fans who get excited for The Conduit despite all signs pointing to the thing being average.

BenjaminBirdie said:
What the fuck? Why would Batman be a murder suspect?
Joke? (Dark Knight spoilers)
The end of The Dark Knight has Batman asking Gordon to tell the public Batman committed the crimes of Two Face.

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Amir0x said:
goddamn this game looks so fucking great

My thoughts exactly, could this be a good superhero game? Hopefully so. I hope the Batman costume from The Dark Knight is unlockable in this game.

meh, Conroy and Hamill are great in the animated series, but im tired of them being treated as the be-all/end-all. People wanted them to play their live action counterparts in Nolan's batman movies for crissakes. They fit well for the cartoon but i wouldn't have minded some new blood.

Andrex said:
They could reuse this screen for the next Nolan movie. :lol

Someone already came out with a poster...

tdkreturnsfanmadeposter-424x600.jpg

Now that I see this. Ive heard rumors of Angelina Jolie playing Catwoman and Johnny Depp as The Riddler in the next Batman movie

Top Bottom