• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

Game is a stuttery unplayable mess with DX11 features on.

Does it automatically go into DX9 if I turn that off or do I have to change something else? Not seeing an option for "DX9".

Zimbardo

dx9 seems close to perfect, but i've experienced some framerate drop around the part where you first meet that
Two Face dude (no idea if that's spoiler worthy, but just in case)
. happens pretty early in the game.

changing various settings don't seem to matter ...putting physx to 'normal' and turning on SLI didn't seem to help. turning down the anti aliasing from 4x msaa to fxaa high didn't help.

game doesn't seem all that well optimized or something. SLI doesn't seem to help much, if at all.

some things obviously need to be ironed out.

i'm assuming other parts in the game will have framerate issues, too ...considering its already happened fairly early on here.

Nelo Ice

Banned
dx9 seems close to perfect, but i've experienced some framerate drop around the part where you first meet that
Two Face dude (no idea if that's spoiler worthy, but just in case)
. happens pretty early in the game.

changing various settings don't seem to matter ...putting physx to 'normal' and turning on SLI didn't seem to help. turning down the anti aliasing from 4x msaa to fxaa high didn't help.

game doesn't seem all that well optimized or something. SLI doesn't seem to help much, if at all.

some things obviously need to be ironed out.

i'm assuming other parts in the game will have framerate issues, too ...considering its already happened fairly early on here.

FPS went down at the some part as u did and same settings except I had it at 4x msaa. Btw this is probably stupid but how do u change ur physx settings?

edit:nvm did not kno u could scroll down.

scitek

Yeah, I get framerates down in the high 30s while flying around town. Maybe it's got that much more going on than Arkham Asylum, but I'm getting framerates in the 100s at times, too.

Game is a stuttery unplayable mess with DX11 features on.

Does it automatically go into DX9 if I turn that off or do I have to change something else? Not seeing an option for "DX9".

Yeah, it defaults to DX9.

leng jai

Apparently retail copies are out tomorrow for Aus. Wonder if they are locked till the 25th as well? Pretty sure they don't use Steam.

Lime

Any replies from either Rocksteady or WB or Nvidia/AMD about these DX11 issues? And does DX11 even make a difference in AC (does tesselation actually work)? Screenshots would be welcome.

Any replies from either Rocksteady or WB or Nvidia/AMD about these DX11 issues? And does DX11 even make a difference in AC (does tesselation actually work)?

I didn't see any tessellation going on, no.

I think if they fix DX11 mode, it could perform very similar to DX9, but there's no damn image quality bonuses at the moment.

Jtrizzy

they even posted that Catwoman screen to show off tessellation!

Anyone tried 3D Vision?

The main reason I've held out for the PC version is this is supposed to be a benchmark game...

I'm going to try it tomorrow for sure, I've still got a couple hours left to DL. I'm sure it will be great in DX9, and terrible in DX11

K701

Banned
Alright no matter what I try it always freezes at the gun butt to the head part in story mode or after the plant in the benchmark.

Also the plant in the benchmark has tessellation going on.

With the DX11 issues, I'm glad I didn't wait and got it for the 360. You would think with the delay and the Nvida cross promotion that this would have been figured out by now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I have one of those and still am not able to download the game...

Unlock dates are based on your IP, not the version of the game you've registered. The nvidia codes themselves are region-free - you can activate them on Steam regardless of your location.

Detox

On PC is the Catwoman DLC a separate code or does it come with the game? I got the Nvidia code so I was wondering if I got the Catwoman DLC.

MasterShotgun

brazen editing lynx
On PC is the Catwoman DLC a separate code or does it come with the game? I got the Nvidia code so I was wondering if I got the Catwoman DLC.
It comes with the game and is already a part of the install. Just like it should have been with the consoles.

gdt

Guess I'll post this question here, in the more active thread:

DLing now. Now it's time to sell my 360 version.

Question: Would it be possible for me to download a basic save file to activate New Game +? Already beat it on hard on the 360...

Edit: I can give it to Amazon for $32.50, awesome.

XOMTOR

Wow

Glad I opted for the PS3 version instead.

Like someone else said, PC issues are REALLY starting to bum me out and I find myself NOT wanting to buy them anymore.
I mean, it's hard not to feel a bit guilty when you dropped $1500 on a gaming laptop and your average performance in these mega-releases is barely ahead of 5+ year old hardware.

Kinda feeling the same way man. I was gonna upgrade my GPU's next year with Kepler (still rockin' 260's in SLI) but with news of the new consoles on the horizon, I may just hold off. I imagine the new Xbox and PS4 will be fairly beefy performance wise. Then towards the latter part of next gen when the consoles start to lose steam, I'll consider building a PC gaming rig again.

Anyway, just started my download through Steam so I'll know how this runs in a few hours. Will probably be posting back here with the rest of ya lookin' for tweaks.

Do I seriously have to wait another 3 days to play this game since I got it from GMG? Is there no way around this ludicrous region locking?? For fuck's sake, I think I've waited long enough.

P.S. I'm an American living in Japan.

Corto

To those not in the US who want to pre-load, fret now, I may have found your solution:

Just wanted to thank you and give feedback that this has indeed worked for me! Europe here with a Nvidia Steam code.

edit: Just a warning that though the download speed keeps at 0 kb/s the download keeps going.

Akkad

Banned
This was delayed so it can be optimized, LOL

muH2n.jpg

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I really hope someone looks into how poorly WB has managed everything. It's just crazy.

Do the Nvidia codes have the catwoman stuff?

The PC version comes with it. It doesn't matter how you've acquired it, it's part of the game (like it always really was, before being intentionally cut-out and held above resellers' heads).

Dipswitch

Went to breakfast with the fam and checked my email. Noticed two emails from GMG. One said here's your B:AC activation key. This was good.

The other said the game would be available for download on 11/25. This was bad. As my wife soon realized.

Got home, fired up GMG and noticed that the game was actually available for download. This was good.

Downloading now at 3.4MB/s. This is also good.

Just finished downloading from gmg..I didn't have time to check but it seems like you have to launch the game through capsule which is kinda annoying.

In terms of performance, my 5850 + core 2 quad 9550 was benched at around 54 fps (I forgot to turn of triple buffering via d3doverrider) @ 1080p with everything maxed. The only issue I noticed was that textures sometimes would load late. Anyways I would've spent more time with the game but I have a flight to catch and am out of town for the rest of the week. So I just want to close this post with a big big FUCK YOU WARNER BROS. for delaying the PC release and choosing to use GFWL...

Derrick01

Banned
I really hope someone looks into how poorly WB has managed everything. It's just crazy.

I think Rocksteady deserves plenty of the blame now too. I've got a few hours left on my download but even with AA and phsyx off and on DX9 I'm not expecting a rock solid 60fps. I expect quite a bit of stuttering in the city which sucks because that shit is really distracting to me.

Top Bottom