• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham City PC release date now Nov 18 - Steam version uses Steamworks

So should I just disable DX11 features right out of the gate?

I ran the benchmark with everything maxed except physx was disabled (AMD card) and it ran well but from skimming this page, it seems like the benchmark is not a very good representation of the game.

Bluth54

New patch was put out yesterday. Patch notes:

We are pleased to confirm that the second patch for the PC version of Batman: Arkham City is now available across all digital platforms. We would like to thank our community for their patience and support while we worked on these fixes.

Fixes that this patch addresses are listed below:
* Occurences of Save File Corruption
* Achievement re-locking issues
* Crossfire/SLI Issues
- Graphical flickering
- FPS improvements when running crossfire
* Instances of 32 bit memory problems
* Improvements to performance in cut scenes and death taunts
* Error messages removed when patching the game and improved patching process

I tried it and it fixed my save. I'll finally get to finish the game after several months. Nice that I'll finally get to finish my save, but disapointing it took so long.

srusli

I dont know what is the main reason is, however this game is not available to purchase in STEAM for a number of countries... its a pity.

Bluth54

I dont know what is the main reason is, however this game is not available to purchase in STEAM for a number of countries... its a pity.

I'm guessing because it's a Game for Windows Live Game? Usually you can't buy those games if Xbox Live is not available in a country.

damn right it isn't :(

sucks even more so since i have the first on Steam !!

i will trade it during the next x-mas sale with a US Steam user or something

hiverbon

Neo Member
Can't you guys get a friendly gamer in another country to gift you the game? Or will GFWL just not work even if you're able to buy it?

Jtrizzy

this piece of shit just crashes on start up if I have DX11 enabled. DX9 works fine, and I think the new drivers have improved physx performance a lot.

dino1980

Finally!!!!

60Fps almost all the time 1080p with DX11 Tesslation High, HBAO, MVSS, Everything high and FXAA (High).

I just needed this new patch, a 7970-card OC 1.2V, 1125, 1575. ;)

Finally figured it out, I was missing one more folder path. This has taught me a valuable lesson: Only buy games on steam and only buy games from other vendors if they're steamworks. Fuck this manual patch bs.

Sorry for the thread revival but how did you fix this. I went to finish the game I started last Fall today and got hit with this update and the same error message. I also have the Greenman version.

So there seems to be a bug in the PC version (surprise surprise) where Catwoman's Quick Disarm and Quick Caltrops are internally bound to the same function, so pressing whatever key is assigned to it only results in caltrops, and disarm is impossible. This can't be fixed in the options because both actions are bound to the same key, Quick Gadget 2. This thread on the official forums gives a potential workaround but others in there say it doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this and/or found a solution?

Thaedolus

Gold Member
Heyoo,

I just picked this up from the Steam sale and, as far as I can tell, enabling DX11 features breaks the game. As in, I just get a black screen at startup. Seems to run fine with everything else enabled, but DX11/tessellation kills it. I'm running a GTX570 on the latest nvidia drivers, and I seemed to find multiple issues with DX11 on google, but no fix yet. Anyone know of a solution?

Anyone know of a solution?
My solution (which worked pretty well, I must say):
Turn off DX11.
The game looks just as beautiful with only DX10 features enabled.
I actually couldn't spot any noticeable differences (other than a better framerate) when I turned off DX11.

If you want the game to look better than the regular game, you better turn on PhysX. Your graphics card should be able to handle it.

moop1167

Just started trying to play this but the performance SUCKS. I turned off DX11 too. I am trying DX9 with 4xSGSSAA. I am getting like 45 fps in some parts. I don't understand, considering in games like Mass Effect 3 and other UE3 engine games I get a constant 60 fps using 4xSGSSAA. I am using SLI GTXA 670's also.

Top Bottom