• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman Arkham City Review Thread

WEGGLES

Rengoku said:
I'd say Portal 2's the game to beat this year.
2 is a solid number for games this year.

Portal 2, Witcher 2, Batman Arkham City (2nd Arkham game), Dark Souls (2nd D____ Souls game).

Derrick01

Banned
Slightly lower than I was expecting given all of the GREATEST GAME EVER pre-embargo reviews. You'd think I would know better by now :p

The joystiq review confirmed my fears about having too many villains. They said most revolve around punching the shit out of them and not much more. That's too bad.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Right in line with the awesomeness that I'm sure awaits.

Sn4ke_911 said:
lol Gamespot. How the fuck can those clowns give it the same score as AA.
Well they ditched the percentage scale right? It's probably above a 9 but not a 10.

I'm actually surprised those numbers kept up. We'll see how it pans out for the rest of time. Sure it's a great game, excited to play it. Hopefully I can be in its presence without transcending into eternal bliss; not really ready for that.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Anyone wanna watch the GT review and tell us if its spoiler-ish? :p

Sn4ke_911

Derrick01 said:
He's the lowest score so far. I'm shocked :lol.

Also did anyone else feel like half of the IGN review was missing? I was reading and then bam, closing comments.

Check out Page 1 ;)

Detox

Speedymanic said:
Digital Spy isn't Metro. Metro / GameCentral - 9/10

Given how effortlessly assured Rocksteady has been with this follow-up though the anticipation for any future sequel, particularly one that is likely to be on next generation consoles, is almost too much to bear. For now though Arkham City stands proudly as one of the great achievements of this current age of gaming, and sets a standard that few other action games will ever come close to.

In Short: Not just the best superhero game, but one of the greatest action adventures ever made - set in an expansive and engrossing virtual world unlike any other.

Pros: Superbly immersive presentation, visuals, and sound with a gripping and lengthy campaign. Excellent combat and stealth, plus plenty of unlockables.

Cons: Still a lack of enemy variety and a mini-map would’ve been helpful. Default difficultly is quite low and can make individual elements seem shallow.

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/games/8...w-the-dark-knight-strikes-again#ixzz1alIHJHxD

Sn4ke_911

TimmiT said:
How many spoilers does their review have? I like watching Gametrailers reviews, but I want to avoid it if it spoils too much.

I bet it's full of spoilers. As always.

I like watching GT reviews too but they are always so spoilertastic.

Fuckin GT

Feep

Banned
Sn4ke_911 said:
This is my review, everyone. And no, no moneyhats. = P

I mean every word. I hope you enjoy the read.

(Yes, I know I accidentally said Arkham Asylum at the end of the review. I put a note in to the copy editor to correct it, but I guess she isn't up yet. = P)

Massa

Sn4ke_911 said:
lol Gamespot. How the fuck can those clowns give it the same score as AA.

Because they didn't have a reviewer living in a bubble play AA and then AC at the same time to compare notes?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Manticore said:
They still have .5 scale.
Standards change then ><

I think anyone can see this is clearly a step up in content and game play. I don't think it not scoring higher is a bad thing. Look at it as meeting the expectations set forth by the awesome first game. Only now, you get tons more content and more open game play.

Top Bottom