• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight Harley Quinn DLC Renamed “Story Pack,” Gets New Promotional Pic

Rocksteady announced a pre-order bonus DLC for Batman: Arkham Knight featuring Harley Quinn back in March, but something has changed. The new ads for the DLC appeared on GameStop are different. Not only they feature a different image of Harley, but the DLC itself has been renamed “Harley Quinn Story Pack.”

While the description still mentions “play as Harley Quinn and receive 4 Exclusive Challenge Maps,” the renaming of the package is peculiar, as seems to imply some sort of story content involved.

vHfHPRj.jpg

ObXabpN.jpg

http://n4g.com/news/1540486/batman-arkham-knight-harley-quinn-dlc-renamed-story-pack-gets-new-promotional-picture

BY2K

Membero Americo
So there's a gonna be a Harley Chapter where we PLAY story segments as Harley? Like the Catwoman stuff in City?

maybe that means she'll have some alternate costumes...so I get away from this whatever the hell they got Harley wearing in this franchise

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
cant get over the fact she looks like some crap out of that immensely shit Sucker Punch movie or whatever dumbass name was that

I know what I'm going to do. I'm gonna buy all the cool, collectible stuff from the super-duper-hardened-prestige-collector's edition off of Ebay, wait a year, then buy the Game of the Year edition with all the DLC.

LiamR

A part of me thought "oh, I better get on that pre-order list" and then it dawned on me that I have probably at least another year to do that.
:(

Replicant

Someone should really give Rocksteady some better character designers, cause boy do they need some.

Yeah, to this. Unrelated but in similar vein, I wonder if MK got a new designer because the characters look better than usual. But then again, we haven't seen many human characters and Sonya and Johnny's daughter still looks a bit off.

Dysun

Sounds like Catwoman in Arkham City

And on that note, another thread where people whine about Rocksteady art after 3 games

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Someone should really give Rocksteady some better character designers, cause boy do they need some.

wat? i'm not the biggest fan of their Harley design but the rest is top-notch.

For example Catwoman, she looked perfect in AC and was a blast to play with.

Batman-Arkham-City-catwoman.jpg

I love the new Bat suit in AK.
2559799-bak_sshot075.jpg

and Scarecrow looks scary as hell.
00_batman_akrham_knig3dkuc.jpg

Arkham Knight looks awesome too.
batman_arkham_knight_suit-439437.jpg

wat? i'm not the biggest fan of their Harley design but the rest is top-notch.

I'd appreciate it if more people posted examples of what they want to see instead. People gravitate toward what's easy, and it's easy to just say something's bad without providing a solution

cue "I can wait/take alllll the time you need rocksteady ^______^/my backlog is grateful for this delay" posts

guek

Banned
*fingers crossed*

harleyquinnvfs68.jpg

Agreed. I don't mind all the BDSM influenced costumes Harley has had over the years but none of them hold up to her classic design. If they want to do something with her hair, I'd love for her to look like this:

5JMLEOk.jpg

On a related note, is this DLC pre-order exclusive content that's more than just a costume? Cuz if so, fuck that.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
It'll probably be like that Bruce Wayne training pack with Arkham Origins: a series of challenges maps with brief cutscenes linking them together.

GQman2121

Banned
I am the only one annoyed by the fact that the game isn't even out yet and already it has DLC?

Have you not noticed that nearly every AAA game released has been doing this in one form or another for some time now? Preorder DLC is not a new concept.

Wounded

I thought it would be cool if considering that

The Joker is dead

Harley doesn't look like her reasonably well kept but kooky self, but more broken and insane.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Have you not noticed that nearly every AAA game released has been doing this in one form or another for some time now? Preorder DLC is not a new concept.

I have and it still annoys me, makes me think that I not getting the full package with the games. I try not to support these practices so that the publisher don't get rewarded for this crap.

Am I the only one annoyed by the fact that the game isn't even out yet and already it has DLC?

More annoyed that a person that pre-orders gets a more complete game for $60 than someone who buys the game on release day for the same price...

Because of stupid bullshit DLC like this I don't even bother anymore and just wait for the GOTY/Complete edition...

Village

You should probably aim your disdain at DC comics rather rocksteady , Harley has taken a different direction in her design in recent years

yGray

Banned
I don't have much hope as playing as another character in the world. They wouldn't let you with any other character except Catwoman and she was intertwined in the main story. Plus that wasn't really called DLC it was just their version of the online pass. semantics I know.

eshwaaz

Harley just isn't Harley without a domino mask. Rocksteady has consistently missed the mark with her design, IMO.

"Story Pack" sounds about as honest as the "Story-drive narrative" of the Wolfpack missions in Assassin's Creed 4.

One spoken line of dialogue before the tutorial mission.

There's your story.

It maybe like the campaign challenges in Arkham Origins. For the Initiation DLC you could play the challenge rooms separate or play the "campaign" version of them that followed a small story between each challenge area of Bruce Wayne going through his ninja training.

eshwaaz

But she had a domino mask in Aslyum
You're right; I wasn't very clear. My first comment was related specifically to the latest design, my second comment was a general opinion.

That being said, I do think that Asylum's Harley design was the best of the Rocksteady games.

Top Bottom