• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Quick

Banned
I finally played the harley quinn dlc today and it felt really good to play, way too short but everything a batman game needs was there, it was indoors, it had a nice feel to it and NO BATMOBILE.

it's going to be DLC, they know what they are doing to milk their audience :/

How long is the DLC?

I still have that and the Red Hood DLC to play.

Choomp

Banned
Which building is the Penguin's that you're supposed to go in? I got backtracked after following the car there and there's no mission marker.

aro52

You guys ever heard of/used Rakuten.com before? They are offering Batman: AK for $37.99 with Visa Checkout & Code VISASUMMER (Free Shipping).

I want to order, but want to make sure they ship to the states and won't fuck me over.

I bought a 12 month Xbox Live Gold card from them last December. The code worked.

How long is the DLC?

I still have that and the Red Hood DLC to play.

harley quinn's stuff is short but it's great to me, it's two fights and two pred rooms but harley has some style to her moves, I also think that the arkham games work best when indoors escaping elevators and having a boss fight at the end (even if it's simple, it's x10 more then the main game gives you)

as a day one freebie I think it's good.

Finished everything bar the riddler trophies the other day. Overall I loved it. The batmobile was OK but the tank stuff drained after a while.
the lack of boss battles was a bit rubbish too. Particular considering some enemies could have actually put up a decent fight e. g. Deathstroke

Is there some type of glitch that is preventing me from activating the protocol?

I'm sitting here with everything completed except for Riddler's stuff and I have no prompts or ability to activate the protocol. Or at least nothing I can find.

How are you supposed to activate it?

I'm sitting at 55/243 riddles solved. I have no desire to go and do them.

Is there some type of glitch that is preventing me from activating the protocol?

I'm sitting here with everything completed except for Riddler's stuff and I have no prompts or ability to activate the protocol. Or at least nothing I can find.

Can you
go to the Bat-signal
?

Yeah I'm walking around it now. Is there supposed to be a button prompt?

I'm getting nothing.

There actually is a glitch with the protocol. Even after finishing the minimum required amount of side missions it will often not activate. You push the button and talk to Alfred like it's starting, but then nothing happens and the game asks you to select your mission from the mission selection screen. I spent a long time wandering around the batsignal to no avail.

The typical workaround is to complete another of the side-missions and usually then it will work and the prompt will appear. However since youve done all of them except riddler, well.....fuck.

It happened to me so I looked it up online and found a few others with the same issue. It's not just a case of not knowing where to go or standing in the wrong spot. I went and finished the firefighter missions and when I activated the protocol again, this time it worked and I was able to hit the prompt at GCPD without issue.
In your case I sure hope that Rocksteady releases a patch considering youve already completed all the other missions.

There actually is a glitch with the protocol. Even after finishing the minimum required amount of side missions it will often not activate. You push the button and talk to Alfred like it's starting, but then nothing happens and the game asks you to select your mission from the mission selection screen. I spent a long time wandering around the batsignal to no avail.

The typical workaround is to complete another of the side-missions and usually then it will work and the prompt will appear. However since youve done all of them except riddler, well.....fuck.

It happened to me so I looked it up online and found a few others with the same issue. It's not just a case of not knowing where to go or standing in the wrong spot. I went and finished the firefighter missions and when I activated the protocol again, this time it worked and I was able to hit the prompt at GCPD without issue.
In your case I sure hope that Rocksteady releases a patch considering youve already completed all the other missions.

I looked around after posting and yeah it looks like it is a decent sized issue.

This is such a goddamn bummer. I was so looking forward to completing this game tonight.

Gorger

So do you guys think we'll eventually see Batman Origins on PS+? All the previous titles except Origins have been given too us so I am waiting out hoping they'll add it for free in the upcoming months.

I also heard they'll be remastering Asylum and City on the PS4 which is really cool, but they won't include Origins so we're stuck with that game for the PS3. I am still definitely re-buying the batman games I haven't played them since release and have nothing but fond memories of them.

I looked around after posting and yeah it looks like it is a decent sized issue.

This is such a goddamn bummer. I was so looking forward to completing this game tonight.

That does suck. The endings are just cutscenes though. The only things you miss out on watching them on youtube would be post Riddler fight dialogue (and seeing Riddler stuff in the evidence lockup).

Yeah that fucking sucks dude. Rocksteady better get on that shit ASAP. Not being capable of finishing the game is just clearly unacceptable.

I too was determined to finish that night but luckily the workaround worked for me. I was already up too late and was determined to finish because I knew how close I was. Finally I was ready and...nothing.
So then I had to go and do the firefighter missions which I had completely ignored up to that point, so I had to do all of them at once. Took me fucking forever because of course there are no waypoints. But I got my cutscene.

That does suck. The endings are just cutscenes though. The only things you miss out on watching them on youtube would be post Riddler fight dialogue (and seeing Riddler stuff in the evidence lockup).

It's just not the same as earning it and seeing your reward in-game! But he might not have much of a choice which really sucks.

However I did watch the 100% ending on youtube after the fact. There's no way in hell I'm getting all those riddler trophies. In Halo terms that's like the Legendary bonus ending so I dont feel bad about just getting the normal ending.

I'm completing side mission in NG+ just now and I have five villains left, yet if I bring up the mission wheel, it gives me the option to activate the protocol. That's so weird that it's seemingly random for people. If people were just missing that prompt, I would think Sefton Hill or someone would've at least tweeted about it. And if there's a glitch, then that should definitely be addressed.

It's not the mission wheel prompt that is missing. It's that when you 'activate' it, the game doesnt care and the prompt at the GCPD is the one that never shows up.

I'm completing side mission in NG+ just now and I have five villains left, yet if I bring up the mission wheel, it gives me the option to activate the protocol. That's so weird that it's seemingly random for people. If people were just missing that prompt, I would think Sefton Hill or someone would've at least tweeted about it. And if there's a glitch, then that should definitely be addressed.

I'm at 99.1% completion (haven't had much time to play) and I've never seen the prompt either. I've completed everything except the Riddler stuff, including locking up
Azrael
. That's weird. I'm going to get 100% anyway, just to see the complete ending.

I'm at 99.1% completion (haven't had much time to play) and I've never seen the prompt either. I've completed everything except the Riddler stuff, including locking up
Azrael
. That's weird. I'm going to get 100% anyway, just to see the complete ending.

If you pull up the mission wheel, does it have a prompt to press square/X to activate it?

Just finished it. Played it on PC. Took 28 hours and did everything except riddler.

Besides all the technical bs with the game running like ass at times I really enjoyed this. With that said though this could have been AMAZING if it weren't for some things which I'll keep out of this thread as others may still be playing it.

All 4 games are really great. Hope there is some time off for Batman now.

PS. Fuck off WBGames.

On Demand

Banned
Fuck the riddler trophy where you have to shoot all the question marks. I just can't land the hits on time. When I charge my missiles and fire, time is already up. I've been trying for over an hour now.

These trophies are not fun to get like they were in AC. Some of them are really dumb.

Alpende

I have to say the Militia commander
Deathstroke
, not Arkham Knight, fight was a let down

I thought I'd go hand to hand with him.

I was in the same situation, Riddler was all I had left, it did just eventually start while I did more riddles. Was annoying though as o wanted to see it before bed, then complete another day. Hopefully they'll patch it soon.

Fuck the riddler trophy where you have to shoot all the question marks. I just can't land the hits on time. When I charge my missiles and fire, time is already up. I've been trying for over an hour now.

These trophies are not fun to get like they were in AC. Some of them are really dumb.

There's a trick to it. If you don't mind having it spoiled, here's a hint:

Be aware of your surroundings.

And here's the solution:
Connect the power winch to the electrical outlet behind you, it'll keep the Bat-tank fully charged the whole time.

KevinCow

Banned

I actually really liked that puzzle. I drove by it and fiddled around with it several times until I finally figured it out. It was neat when I finally did.

I actually really liked that puzzle. I drove by it and fiddled around with it several times until I finally figured it out. It was neat when I finally did.

Agreed. I enjoy the ones that seem really hard or even impossible at first, but then turn out to be really easy when you figure them out, the most.

SomTervo

What the other guy said. I've thought this a few times but after the puzzle clicks I usually love them. They're far more clever than a lot of people are giving credit. Some really ingenious stuff in this game.

You're missing something if you're charging your missiles up a new every time.

I think the batmobile only really gets annoying when you're doing ALL the side quests. If you don't, it's actually really fucking cool. The problem is a lot of the sidequests are repetitive shit when it comes to the batmobile so their frustration is justified I think.

With that said, I do agree with you. This would have been Arkham City 2 if they didn't add a new mechanic and that mechanice was the batmobile.

That's very true. The first moment of Batmobile fatigue I felt came when I started clearing out all the street-mine missions. It was just drone battle after drone battle. That was really tiring. And not with the same level of challenge as the AR battles either.

Glad somebody acknowledged that Rocksteady had no option but to include the Batmobile! I suppose it's more the execution that's problematic, but I still think it's 85% fine.

Neat. I had a glitch where a duplicate Nightwing appeared standing next to the original Nightwing. Even though there was no prompt (the fight was over), I tried hitting L1 and it worked. I walked Nightwing over to Nightwing.

Pressed A to talk to Nightwing, the words came out of my Nightwing instead. I switched back to Batman and took him to a different part of the building and pressing L1 still shot me all the way back into Grayson. Couldnt get him out of the building, though.

Blew my mind.

On Demand

Banned
There's a trick to it. If you don't mind having it spoiled, here's a hint:

Be aware of your surroundings.

And here's the solution:
Connect the power winch to the electrical outlet behind you, it'll keep the Bat-tank fully charged the whole time.

I am using the winch. Once you use it you have to hook it again to charge it. I can get most of the question marks targeted, time always run out on the few I have left that I try to shoot with regular bullets.

What the other guy said. I've thought this a few times but after the puzzle clicks I usually love them. They're far more clever than a lot of people are giving credit. Some really ingenious stuff in this game.

You're missing something if you're charging your missiles up a new every time.

Some of them are fine. The trophies where you have to use the batmobile are the worse ones. The sonar one I especially don't like.

Voidance

I am using the winch. Once you use it you have to hook it again to charge it. I can get most of the question marks targeted, time always run out on the few I have left that I try to shoot with regular bullets.
If I'm reading this right, you're disconnecting the winch? Keep it connected the whole time and this riddle isn't an issue at all.

stn

Okay, I'm on the mission where
you have to find Gordon and help him take down Scarecrow. 80% done, near the end.
How do I get the militia missions to advance? I've done all of them as much as possible, also blew up all the air drones. What's missing?

This game started out as a 9.5/10 for me, was fantastic. But it lost points for the somewhat-forced grind-fest. Not being able to get the best ending without getting every Riddler trophy? Yawn.

Some of them are fine. The trophies where you have to use the batmobile are the worse ones. The sonar one I especially don't like.

Yeah, just leave it hooked up, turn the turret around and use the main cannon + missiles.

The ones that require some thought are all great. The only ones that suck are ones just sitting somewhere.

you have to find Gordon and help him take down Scarecrow. 80% done, near the end.
How do I get the militia missions to advance? I've done all of them as much as possible, also blew up all the air drones. What's missing?

This game started out as a 9.5/10 for me, was fantastic. But it lost points for the somewhat-forced grind-fest. Not being able to get the best ending without getting every Riddler trophy? Yawn.

Skip the stuff you don't want to do. All you get for 100 percent are a couple cutscenes that you can watch on youtube.

EDIT: Just keep advancing through the story to progress those side missions.

As Voidance and Spring-Loaded have said, just keep the winch connected the entire time and turn the cannon around, it should be pretty easy to hit them all that way.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
I powered through the story, it really over stayed its welcome at the end. The multiple boss fights with the same enemy were all bad. My general consensus with all the Rocksteady Batman games is great look and feel, but they just don't make fun game mechanics. The melee, the Bat-mobile stuff, the gadgets, etc. are just not fun in the end. Getting around the city is cool as is the investigation stuff. The story was good too. Most of the side quests are the typical open-world filler.

I wish they did time of day like in Bloodborne. Make it dust when the story starts, then night with rain, then midnight without rain, then end with sunrise. It was always dark and I raining, which is lazy IMO.

Vitor711

The best ending is like a minute of extra cutscenes. It's really not a big deal. Don't understand people who keep complaining about that. If you don't like the riddler stuff, don't do it. Just watch the ending on YouTube. Why sour yourself on a game you like?

ta155

I know there's a lot of love for Origins here but it was definitely jankier than the other games, and WB Montreal continued the trend within seconds of me loading up the Batgirl DLC.

CKcmczoW8AQ9qXJ.jpg:large

I've only just made it past
when Barbara kills herself
in the main story and I'm loving the game so far. I do have a few complaints though:

• Too much reliance on the Batmobile. It's been said a million times over, but I think there's just too much hinging on the Batmobile in the game. Tank combat is decent, but I'd rather the game just not have it.
  • I really don't like how side missions are revealed in the game. For example, I want to play more of the Azrael side content, but can't seem to find the flaming Batsignals on rooftops to get these missions. I wish there was a way to reveal these locations more easily on the map. I don't necessarily want to aimlessly fly around the world searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • I wish there was more combat content. There probably would've been if there was less of a focus on the Batmobile.
  • Most of the gadgets feel useless. I wish they were more significant in combat situations.

Alpende

I've only just made it past
when Barbara kills herself
in the main story and I'm loving the game so far. I do have a few complaints though:

• Too much reliance on the Batmobile. It's been said a million times over, but I think there's just too much hinging on the Batmobile in the game. Tank combat is decent, but I'd rather the game just not have it.
  • I really don't like how side missions are revealed in the game. For example, I want to play more of the Azrael side content, but can't seem to find the flaming Batsignals on rooftops to get these missions. I wish there was a way to reveal these locations more easily on the map. I don't necessarily want to aimlessly fly around the world searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • I wish there was more combat content. There probably would've been if there was less of a focus on the Batmobile.
  • Most of the gadgets feel useless. I wish they were more significant in combat situations.

If you take out drones, GCPD heli's will start flying around more often and they usually say stuff that leads to side quests. Also, Alfred sometimes says something along the lines of 'GCPD copters spotted a burning bat icon in that and that location'.

But playing the main story usually reveals more side quest locations.

On Demand

Banned
If I'm reading this right, you're disconnecting the winch? Keep it connected the whole time and this riddle isn't an issue at all.

Nope. It stays connected. Use it once and that's it. It doesn't charge again.

Yeah, just leave it hooked up, turn the turret around and use the main cannon + missiles.

That's what i'm doing. Time always runs out on the last few.

As Voidance and Spring-Loaded have said, just keep the winch connected the entire time and turn the cannon around, it should be pretty easy to hit them all that way.

I'll try again tonight but it's not working for me. Having to turn the cannon around while firing the missiles and then pressing R1 gets very awkward.

EDIT-

To be more clear. I use the winch after all the question marks are lit up. It doesn't charge again if i connect it at the beginning and use the cannon.

Top Bottom