• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

Alpende

Nope. It stays connected. Use it once and that's it. It doesn't charge again.

That's what i'm doing. Time always runs out on the last few.

I'll try again tonight but it's not working for me. Having to turn the cannon around while firing the missiles and then pressing R1 gets very awkward.

EDIT-

To be more clear. I use the winch after all the question marks are lit up.

I think I know what the problem is. You can't hit all those targets on the end right? Play the main story a bit more.

Also, you don't have to hold R1, one press is enough.

GrazGamer

Fuck the riddler trophy where you have to shoot all the question marks. I just can't land the hits on time. When I charge my missiles and fire, time is already up. I've been trying for over an hour now.

These trophies are not fun to get like they were in AC. Some of them are really dumb.
You should be able to charge, shoot them all until they all light up, use the rockets which should leave 1 which you can shoot with the gun.

jediyoshi

I am using the winch. Once you use it you have to hook it again to charge it. I can get most of the question marks targeted, time always run out on the few I have left that I try to shoot with regular bullets.

Why are you needing to charge more than once? You only need the missile barrage move for the last set of targets. Every target leading up to it can be shot normally.

I've only just made it past
when Barbara kills herself
in the main story and I'm loving the game so far. I do have a few complaints though:

• Too much reliance on the Batmobile. It's been said a million times over, but I think there's just too much hinging on the Batmobile in the game. Tank combat is decent, but I'd rather the game just not have it.
  • I really don't like how side missions are revealed in the game. For example, I want to play more of the Azrael side content, but can't seem to find the flaming Batsignals on rooftops to get these missions. I wish there was a way to reveal these locations more easily on the map. I don't necessarily want to aimlessly fly around the world searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • I wish there was more combat content. There probably would've been if there was less of a focus on the Batmobile.
  • Most of the gadgets feel useless. I wish they were more significant in combat situations.

You're about a quarter through the main game. There's plenty of combat situations to come, and a lot more enemies types to struggle with in the main game alone. Do the militia checkpoint, gun runner and Azrael side missions if you want more basic combat challenges. There's also a never ending supply of random thugs to fight in the streets.

I'd wager there's at least as many fights as in Asylum or City's main storylines, and definitely bigger fights (especially on the hardest difficulty). There's a lot of Batmobile sequences, but there's no shortage of other types of gameplay.

What do you mean by gadgets feeling useless? Specifically in combat, or overall? Aside from the change to the explosive gel, it's the same as in past games, if not better.

On Demand

Banned
You should be able to charge, shoot them all until they all light up, use the rockets which should leave 1 which you can shoot with the gun.

I can get up to about 4 left.

Why are you needing to charge more than once? You only need the missile barrage move for the last set of targets. Every target leading up to it can be shot normally.

I'm only charging once.

Do you have that insane 10 missile attack?

I think so? I'm not even familiar with that. I don't pay much attention to the batmobile's weapon upgrades.

SomTervo

I am using the winch. Once you use it you have to hook it again to charge it. I can get most of the question marks targeted, time always run out on the few I have left that I try to shoot with regular bullets.

Some of them are fine. The trophies where you have to use the batmobile are the worse ones. The sonar one I especially don't like.

True re the sonar ones. They suck on the whole and one almost bugget out for me 100%.

Re the puzzle:

You hook into the winch. You don't unhook it. Once hooked, aim around on the spot with right stick to look at the switches. Shoot the small batches.

When the big batches appear, start tapping square. You'll use multi-missiles to destroy the medium-sized batches. Your green bar should be filling up after every barrage because you are still plugged into the winch behind you. You never unhook from it once you begin the puzzle by going on the pad and hooking in.

Once the full-wall lights up, tap away at square and you should be able to get almost all of the wall switches. Shoot the last couple.

If you aren't hitting them all, go into the Batmobile weapon upgrade tree, make sure you've got the one which allows you to fire the maximum amount of missiles.

jediyoshi

True re the sonar ones. They suck on the whole and one almost bugget out for me 100%.

Re the puzzle:

You hook into the winch. You don't unhook it. Once hooked, aim around on the spot with right stick to look at the switches. Shoot the small batches.

When the big batches appear, start tapping square. You'll use multi-missiles to destroy the medium-sized batches. Your green bar should be filling up after every barrage because you are still plugged into the winch behind you. You never unhook from it once you begin the puzzle by going on the pad and hooking in.

Once the full-wall lights up, tap away at square and you should be able to get almost all of the wall switches. Shoot the last couple.

If you aren't hitting them all, go into the Batmobile weapon upgrade tree, make sure you've got the one which allows you to fire the maximum amount of missiles.

After the initial ones that come up one by one, there are only two batches of 4 and those can still be shot normally.

After that once they all light up, the missile barrage will take care of all of them except for one which you shoot (assuming it's fully upgraded).

Never drop a frame at a solid 30 FPS on Windows 10 with 2 970s. I have no idea why. Windows 8.1 I went to 21 FPS.

I may have to upgrade to Windows 10 then. Ridiculous that it's reasonable for people to get excited about this game running at solid 30fps on SLI 970s, but here we are...

I do have a few complaints though:

• Too much reliance on the Batmobile. It's been said a million times over, but I think there's just too much hinging on the Batmobile in the game. Tank combat is decent, but I'd rather the game just not have it.
  • I really don't like how side missions are revealed in the game. For example, I want to play more of the Azrael side content, but can't seem to find the flaming Batsignals on rooftops to get these missions. I wish there was a way to reveal these locations more easily on the map. I don't necessarily want to aimlessly fly around the world searching for a needle in a haystack.
  • I wish there was more combat content. There probably would've been if there was less of a focus on the Batmobile.
  • Most of the gadgets feel useless. I wish they were more significant in combat situations.

I like Arkham Knight but I pretty much agree with all of the above. I think I actually would have liked it better if the batmobile didnt have a tank mode and was just used primarily for transportation and limited puzzles and plot points. I didnt buy a Batman game to play a shooter.

Some missions were a bit too ambiguous. Even after taking out all the flying drones and having GCPD fly around, they only rarely found anything of real interest. 80% of it I had to find myself and it took forever.

The boss battles in general were very lacking. I dont want to take down TwoFace like a normal thug and I dont want to fight Deathstroke in a copy/paste from another different tank battle.

I thought it was a bit strange about the gadgets, too. I just didnt use them as much as in previous games.

SomTervo

After the initial ones that come up one by one, there are only two batches of 4 and those can still be shot normally.

After that once they all light up, the missile barrage will take care of all of them except for one which you shoot (assuming it's fully upgraded).

I was mainly trying to hammer home that the guy shouldn't unhook from the power-winch. But yes, you're right.

Alpende

I can get up to about 4 left.

I'm only charging once.

I think so? I'm not even familiar with that. I don't pay much attention to the batmobile's weapon upgrades.

You probably don't have it then, it's a pretty notable scene in the game where you do get it. Spoiling just in case; if you have a
white
batmobile you don't have it. I think having that 10 missile barrage is a must for that riddler trophy.

Dark and [drizzle, rain, downpour, light mist]? Seriously, what are they?

Obviously it's always more or less dark, Batman doesn't normally operate in bright daylight. You said it's always just dark and rainy though, which isn't true. Besides the typical rainy night look there's also
the hellish wastelands look after the cloudburst goes off, then it changes again when Ivy clears the dispersed toxin and pollen are flying all over the city, and then it goes back to the typical darkness, but without the rain.
It seems you didn't feel that way, but it stood out to me while playing and i remember thinking that they did well changing up the look at various points in the story.

EDIT-

To be more clear. I use the winch after all the question marks are lit up. It doesn't charge again if i connect it at the beginning and use the cannon.

Why do you only use the winch after all the question marks light up? Use it before you start with the riddle and keep it connected all the way through. However, it should also suffice if you have only one charge, provided that you have the corresponding Batmobile weapon upgrades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsVqW8mrREA

On Demand

Banned

Re the puzzle:

I started without hooking up to it because when I first did try staying hooked the charge goes away when you fire the cannon. So I assumed I had to fire the single question marks first then use the winch.

You probably don't have it then, it's a pretty notable scene in the game where you do get it. Spoiling just in case; if you have a
white
batmobile you don't have it. I think having that 10 missile barrage is a must for that riddler trophy.

I've never see that kind before. I'll check my upgrades when I play again.

Why do you only use the winch after all the question marks light up? Use it before you start with the riddle and keep it connected all the way through. However, it should also suffice if you have only one charge, provided that you have the corresponding Batmobile weapon upgrades:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsVqW8mrREA

See above. That seems to be the only way to do it.

I have 3 charges.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Fucking game glitched and it going to cost me a platinum trophy.
The perfect shot trophy won't register despite me doing it over 15 times now.

Are you sure you're doing it the right way? You have to use the machine gun, not the cannon. And you need to get the 'perfect' pop up 5 times in a row, not just 'critical'.

Reule

Finished the game. :)

Question about Gotham's Finest and total completion.
Before I activated Knightfall, I just took a gander at my mission wheel to make sure everything was done. It was and it did the whole "Countdown to Knightfall" then said it was activated. Gotham's Finest had a MW% column which I assume stands for Most Wanted. It was at 98% but clearly I had everything done, as I saw the full ending
. Anyone else?

GeoGonzo

Finished the game. :)

Question about Gotham's Finest and total completion.
Before I activated Knightfall, I just took a gander at my mission wheel to make sure everything was done. It was and it did the whole "Countdown to Knightfall" then said it was activated. Gotham's Finest had a MW% column which I assume stands for Most Wanted. It was at 98% but clearly I had everything done, as I saw the full ending
. Anyone else?

Hm... no idea. VR missions maybe?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Any tips on the mission:
Where Barbara helps you take out a thousand of tanks in front of the GCPD ? I'm getting my ass kicked.

Any tips on the mission:
Where Barbara helps you take out a thousand of tanks in front of the GCPD ? I'm getting my ass kicked.

If you have any car armor upgrades left and enough points to spend, use those mid fight to refill health. And keep using the drone hack and missiles — the EMP is helpful, but you're already getting that if you shoot the highlighted tanks.

That hand-to-hand fight after that is a bit challenging as well

vladdamad

Any tips on the mission:

Upgrade your tank as much as possible if you haven't already, I like the upgrade that lets you
charge missiles, EMP etc even if you get hit.

The boss battles in this game are the worst ever made. Is Rocksteady insane? Those stupid
Arkham Knight / Batmobile boss fights
are so damn frustrating. What the fuck, who approved this?

On Demand

Banned
I have to say i really dont like founders island. Just doesnt look like Gotham City to me. Playing there it feels im playing a superman game in metropolis.

Feel the same. It's way too bright like Time Square. The first and second islands are the best with Bleak feeling a bit more like Gotham.

None are a match for the comic feel of AC unfortunately.

Vargas

I started without hooking up to it because when I first did try staying hooked the charge goes away when you fire the cannon. So I assumed I had to fire the single question marks first then use the winch.

I've never see that kind before. I'll check my upgrades when I play again.

See above. That seems to be the only way to do it.

I have 3 charges.

Use the multi batarang. I didn't even think to use the batmobile since it seemed so slow at shooting.

SJRB

Gold Member
Any tips on the mission:

Take note of the tanks
that are being hacked by Barbara. They're color coded, some will fight alongside you, others will explode if you shoot them creating an explosion / EMP AoE [temporarily] disabling all tanks surrounding it. Barbara explains this as the battle begins but everything is so hectic it's easy to miss her explanation. Also keep focus on the little choppers, they're easy to overlook but their damage adds up quickly.

It took me about 7 tries to get it done, didn't enjoy one second of it.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
The boss battles in this game are the worst ever made. Is Rocksteady insane? Those stupid

I felt this way for just about all the combat. Repetitive and frustrating.

ZeroX03

Banned
No challenge maps really kill the replay value. Nothing to do with the game until the next DLC hits.

Any tips on the mission:

If you have any car armor upgrades left and enough points to spend, use those mid fight to refill health. And keep using the drone hack and missiles — the EMP is helpful, but you're already getting that if you shoot the highlighted tanks.

That hand-to-hand fight after that is a bit challenging as well

Upgrade your tank as much as possible if you haven't already, I like the upgrade that lets you
charge missiles, EMP etc even if you get hit.

Take note of the tanks
that are being hacked by Barbara. They're color coded, some will fight alongside you, others will explode if you shoot them creating an explosion / EMP AoE [temporarily] disabling all tanks surrounding it. Barbara explains this as the battle begins but everything is so hectic it's easy to miss her explanation. Also keep focus on the little choppers, they're easy to overlook but their damage adds up quickly.

It took me about 7 tries to get it done, didn't enjoy one second of it.

Just FYI guys, there's a really easy way to cheese this mission:

Just to the left of the entrance, there's an alleyway which you can fit the Batmobile into. It's covered by a wooden barrier so it's easy to miss. Go in there and only 1-2 enemies can come at you at a time. It's incredibly easy to pick them off one at a time, missiles can't hit you and you can occasionally pop out to blow up the hacked vehicles.

GAMEPROFF

Banned
Obviously it's always more or less dark, Batman doesn't normally operate in bright daylight. You said it's always just dark and rainy though, which isn't true. Besides the typical rainy night look there's also
the hellish wastelands look after the cloudburst goes off, then it changes again when Ivy clears the dispersed toxin and pollen are flying all over the city, and then it goes back to the typical darkness, but without the rain.
It seems you didn't feel that way, but it stood out to me while playing and i remember thinking that they did well changing up the look at various points in the story.

Ivys pollen looked so beautiful

SomTervo

I hadn't spoiled myself prior, and was setting myself up for disappointment, but I think it's a pretty good ending and a satisfying conclusion for the series.

I finished the last Riddler objective last night, having not engaged Knightfall and reached 100% completion.

Then my girlfriend got back from work and I had to turn it off.

Today when I get home late I will be booting the game up, initiating Knightfall, and watching the climax to the series.
Then I might start NG+.

giphy.gif

SomTervo

Big spoiler from the Riddler side quest

The boss battle at/near the end of the Riddler side quest is fantastic, and is a proper boss battle. It's the best boss battle in the game and
one of the best in the series, imo.

Alienous

The boss battle at/near the end of the Riddler side quest is fantastic, and is a proper boss battle. It's the best boss battle in the game and

I didn't think it was a good boss fight at all, imo.

I was glad to see a more traditional one but even then I'd rank it below Grundy.

Ace001

Any tips on the mission:

I went to the side of the police station where there is a road above. It's still difficult but I think it helped a bit using walls to hide away from many drones

It was a challenging (on NG+), unique spin on a combat room, which puts it on the same level as most Origins bosses, above every Asylum boss, but below City's.

Here's hoping the villain DLC brings some good boss fights. I often see people mention Origins as having great ones, so that shouldn't be that hard to match, hopefully.

Top Bottom