• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

SpaceWolf

Banned
A Flip of the Coin is really poor. Probably the worst Arkham Episode I've played by a wide margin. Bitterly regret buying it.

Why the hell does Hellsgate appear to have a bloody Greek Palace as its headquarters?

Sober

I know the Robin post-story DLC was gonna be like 10 minutes long but they put so little effort into anything but the encounter rooms.

Two-Face goes down like a bitch and Oracle is mostly just a scared cheerleader through the whole thing and even at the end she sounds like she's gonna help Robin at the last second somehow like even something cliche as killing the lights but no you just hit the counter button when Two-Face flips his coin because he's a Batman villain, remember? So Robin was never in any real danger anyway.

Thanks for the money,

-WB

SpaceWolf

Banned
I know the Robin post-story DLC was gonna be like 10 minutes long but they put so little effort into anything but the encounter rooms.

Two-Face goes down like a bitch and Oracle is mostly just a scared cheerleader through the whole thing and even at the end she sounds like she's gonna help Robin at the last second somehow like even something cliche as killing the lights but no you just hit the counter button when Two-Face flips his coin because he's a Batman villain, remember? So Robin was never in any real danger anyway.

It annoyed me when Oracle said Tim could be "better" than Batman. Barbara, plz.

I had left this game at the frustrating tank battle at the end with the
Cloudburst
. Picked it up recently and I've kind of gotten back in the groove.

I'm going to finish the story but kind of debating how much else of the content to finish, most of which is Riddler stuff.

It sucks the Batmobile is so frustrating because I liked the rest of this game a lot. New shit coming out though gotta move on from this game.

Bosses? WTF? I have beaten the game and most "Most Wanted" missions except for boring repetitive militia encounters on tower and blockades. I have two characters hidden and haven't faced DeathStroke or the final Riddler robot.

I know about the december DLC, but still... This game had only Vehicle bosses as far as I am concerned: Helicopter, Tank, Drilling Machine. Even the Firefly was a vehicle mission.

Where are serious encounters like Joker, Croc, Clayman, Freeze, Penguin Raj, Bane, Ivy or Deathstroke from previous games...

Did they cut out the final Scarecrow missions and made them PS4 exclusive? I am 100% sure that there should have been a battle against Scarecrow during the fear toxin (Like in Arkham Asylum).

I liked almost everything about this game (including batmobile, story, characters), but cannot forgive it due to the lack of bosses... Any encounter with a villain was reduced to the standard mission + cutscene.

Drayco21

Did they cut out the final Scarecrow missions and made them PS4 exclusive? I am 100% sure that there should have been a battle against Scarecrow during the fear toxin (Like in Arkham Asylum).

The PS4 Scarecrow missions are Batmobile missions too- you just drive a timed tack and then shoot some missiles at a giant Scarecrow for a couple minutes in each of the three islands.

kodecraft

Anybody suspect that one Lighthouse that you can travel to is Killer Crocs new hideout after Asylum and during City?

He's not in there obviously but the things that are in there point to it being a 'lair'.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Is it worth replaying the game to see the Knightfall protocol? I lost my save just before that and now I'm starting all over again. On normal difficulty and rushing everything, but fuck it.
Do we need to do all the side missions to activate the protocol?

TitusTroy

looks like WB made good on their promise...free copies of Arkham Origins and Arkham Origins Blackgate- Deluxe Edition have just been added to my Steam library (I already own the other Arkham games)

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
This crap of a season pass cost $40.

Its worth $20 at absolute most. More like $15.

Between that and the PC version being complete crap WB left a lot to be desired.

strafer

cP7gvy8.png

Come on Rocksteady...give us this.

Sulik2

Finally picked this up over Black Friday. Been really enjoying until the blimp section. Too many puzzles holy crap. Drug the story to a screeching halt.

I feel like they have given you too many tools for predator mode. It used to be somewhat difficult in AA. Now it just feels like half the time I don't bother with stealth, just start punching and can get it done without getting hit most of the time. Batclaw, smoke grenades and disruptor kind of make the predator sections a joke.

Finally picked this up over Black Friday. Been really enjoying until the blimp section. Too many puzzles holy crap. Drug the story to a screeching halt.

I feel like they have given you too many tools for predator mode. It used to be somewhat difficult in AA. Now it just feels like half the time I don't bother with stealth, just start punching and can get it done without getting hit most of the time. Batclaw, smoke grenades and disruptor kind of make the predator sections a joke.

I get what you mean about the predator segments, but all of these games have been really easy in the main campaign. The real challenge was in the challenge maps as that's where the mechanics of the game get pushed to their limit. The Batclaw, smoke and disruptor were in past games too, but they had more/better challenge maps that put limits and requirements on what the player could do.

Granted, I haven't played any of the DLC challenge maps for AK. Maybe some of those do it — regardless, the main stories are generally cakewalks across the series.

I get what you mean about the predator segments, but all of these games have been really easy in the main campaign. The real challenge was in the challenge maps as that's where the mechanics of the game get pushed to their limit. The Batclaw, smoke and disruptor were in past games too, but they had more/better challenge maps that put limits and requirements on what the player could do.

Granted, I haven't played any of the DLC challenge maps for AK. Maybe some of those do it — regardless, the main stories are generally cakewalks across the series.

Yeah, the DLC challenge maps for AK are actually pretty good, and Batman doesn't trivialize them nearly as much as the predator segments in the main campaign. The extra characters (bar Azrael) are even more fun to use since they don't get anywhere near as many tools to work with. Hell, Harley can't even do silent takedowns.

So i got a question.. I have about 7 of the Most wanted but the sign near the entrance of GCPD still says 0/11. Everything else is going up but that one. Bug maybe?

Alpende

Picked this up last night, I'm really enjoying it but I'm having such a difficult time controlling the Batmobile when it's in the car mode. Any advice?

Use the first person mode. It's way easier to control. There's also an alternative control mode you can find in the settings, might give that a go and see how it feels.

Picked this up last night, I'm really enjoying it but I'm having such a difficult time controlling the Batmobile when it's in the car mode. Any advice?

Handbrake on 90-degree turns. Regular turn on everything else. You can quickly go in and out of battle mode to correct huge fuckups. Handbrake recharges your turbo so hold that as often as possible, it's the thing that actually makes the Batmobile faster than just gliding. If it's not a straight-up house or building, you can go through it - even the stone archways and pillars and shit. Gotham has worse things to worry about than its property damage bill right now. Even then, the corners of buildings are destructible in case you clip them - I'd go so far as to say this game has the most impressive destructible physics since Red Faction Guerilla.

Also, in races - of both the DLC and Riddler variety - you have unlimited boost.

Sulik2

I'm kind of loving this game. Some of the car stuff is a bit too much, but overall its a fantastic Batman game. Loving all the
Joker
stuff. Just seems like the culmination of everything Rocksteady has done.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I'm kind of loving this game. Some of the car stuff is a bit too much, but overall its a fantastic Batman game. Loving all the
Joker

Its a pretty good game, but it has the worst moments in the entire Arkham series. The batmobile being too much of an emphasis and the removal of the batswam.

So bitter.

kodecraft

Joker

The game is tight. My face Arkham. I can't go back to the others. Rocksteady really elevated their game.

loving the game so far, graphics are amazing, and surprised how great the batmobile and combat in is great so far, i'm only 10% in though, so things could change.

Please tell this Riddler racetrack shit is optional...
Try it in first person view, I found that to be much easier.

I don't have much of a problem with the handling of the Batmobile, it's the fucking camera that goes nuts when you're boosting or whenever it feels like it really.

Top Bottom