• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Knight |OT| Protect Gotham Racing

vg260

So, kind of going back and forth on this but is the Season Pass worth $20?

I beat the game and all the side missions right when it came out and enjoyed the hell out of it- but that Season Pass looked horrendous. I'd like to try the content, even if it's an hour or two. Thoughts?

I'd say worth about $10-$12, really.

El_Cinefilo

So, kind of going back and forth on this but is the Season Pass worth $20?

I beat the game and all the side missions right when it came out and enjoyed the hell out of it- but that Season Pass looked horrendous. I'd like to try the content, even if it's an hour or two. Thoughts?

If you're going to appreciate the Movie and 60s Skins/Batmobiles and race tracks then I'd say Season of Infamy plus those makes it worth it.

ColdPizza

Banned
Just got platinum trophy on ps4 this morning. What a wild and fantastic ride.

I really enjoyed the game, but do have some general complaints. First off, the game isn't without its technical glitches. There were several instances where I had to restart because controls locked up. Once, I got stuck in a vent and couldn't get out. Some frame rate issues (like massive, I'm talking like <10 per second) towards the end of the game, and some camera issues.

Still, the game is an incredible achievement. I'm looking forward to doing some of the DLC, but not for full price. Is season pass discounted yet?

kng3025

Jumped back into this game after a loooong break and have been enjoying it so far. Question though, I just got to
the part in the game where Oracle offed herself and batman teaming up with Ivy. Just wanted to know how far I am to the end, since I've got all the dlc and plan on playing them right after the main story.

vg260

Just wanted to know how far I am to the end, since I've got all the dlc and plan on playing them right after the main story.

Maybe 75%. I don't recall.

Probably the best gauge is the % in the mission select screen for the Scarecrow storyline.

Dunkelgrau

GAF, today someone spoiled me the end of this game, which I wanted to play in a few weeks (do not click if you not already finished the game):

I heard, that the complete city will look different in the last third of the game.

I am angry right now. One magic moment fewer. Just wanted to share my anger with you. :p

SJRB

Gold Member
]blacky[;191103915 said:
GAF, today someone spoiled me the end of this game, which I wanted to play in a few weeks (do not click if you not already finished the game):

I heard, that the complete city will look different in the last third of the game.

I am angry right now. One magic moment fewer. Just wanted to share my anger with you. :p

Without going into specifics, I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Man Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood and maybe Catwoman really should have been included in open world.
Especially letting them complete most wanted or SOI missions.
Just make a dang Batpod like motorcycle that they can use if you don't want them in the Batmobile.

Man Batgirl, Robin, Nightwing, Red Hood and maybe Catwoman really should have been included in open world.
Especially letting them complete most wanted or SOI missions.
Just make a dang Batpod like motorcycle that they can use if you don't want them in the Batmobile.

In a perfect world, they each would've gotten their own vehicles and storylines

And there would've been open-world co-op you could dick around in endlessly

In a perfect world, they each would've gotten their own vehicles and storylines

And there would've been open-world co-op you could dick around in endlessly
Im hoping WB Montreal's next Batman(if they make one)is the Origins map connected to Knights with co-op
with these playable;
Batgirl
Batwoman
Huntress
Nightwing
Robin
Catwoman

maybe:
Cass Cain
Steph
Harper
Damian
Canary
Green Arrow

Certain side stuff would require one of the players to be a certain character(for example a David Cain or Lady Shiva side arc would require Cass)
But most of the game you could use whoever.

Could do a DLC pack that includes Katana and has an original story/missions for Batgirl, Huntress, Katana and Canary together as the Birds of Prey.

Raptor

Goddamn the jumpscare was real lol.

Kinda want to buy the Beyond suit, red lights look cool as hell, for a dollar is not that bad.

Does anyone bought it and not regret it?

Deku Tree

Goddamn the jumpscare was real lol.

Kinda want to buy the Beyond suit, red lights look cool as hell, for a dollar is not that bad.

Does anyone bought it and not regret it?

Yeah I bought the whole thing during the $10 Amazon price error. Don't regret it at all.

Dunkelgrau

I really had enough of this series - its just the same problem as it is with Assassins Creed. But I was in mood for the seeting and so I bought it used this week.

And well, I have to say, the game is really nice. Just a few points:

- The graphics have received a huge improvement (you did not see that on the screenshots).
- They improved the combat-system small but nice.
- The battles with the Batmobile are always the same, but I have a lot of fun with this kind of "mini game". Also I have to say, that the Batmobile is used in other intelligent ways, that I do not really understand all that criticism.
- The town feels a lot more "interactive" than in the precursors.
- I really hated it how to navigate from one point to another in the precursors: Jump --> Grapnel Gun --> Jump --> Grapnel Gun ... Now you have the Batmobile as a funny alternative.
- There are a lot of great moments story-wise (you know what I mean, GAF).
- The picture-mode is awesome! I never used it in a game, but this game really hast put me in the mood to use this mode.
- Nice jump-scares. I will never forget how they introduced the creature of the night sidequest. :)

Been playing this game for about 20 hours and really don't get the over use of the bat mobile stuff people were complaining about. The game is amazing and I feel bad not paying full price for this. This is seriously one of the best open world games I've played.

Doing new game plus... Besides the TDK skin I really like the Dark Knight Returns skin... Fits well with the motif of an older, angry Batman dealing with a Gotham that's falling apart

kodecraft

Been playing this game for about 20 hours and really don't get the over use of the bat mobile stuff people were complaining about. The game is amazing and I feel bad not paying full price for this. This is seriously one of the best open world games I've played.

My man, +1.

And a side note, the Origins suit is still my favorite suit now that they've all been released. The Nolan suit looks damn goofy.

I got the season pass cheap last year and finally got round to playing through the content (bar season of infamy).

The batmobile racing stuff was so-so at best. The '66 Adam West races and '89 movie races were cool, but the rest was nothing worth downloading.

The epilogue stories were just too short, I enjoyed the Robin and Red Hood maps but wished they were longer and more fleshed out.

The Batgirl DLC was exactly what I'd hoped the epilogue stuff would have been. Its still short, but I loved the predator maps in that DLC and I liked the hacking/scare mechanics they added to Batgirls arsenal. The final fight was pretty fun as well. If the other epilogues had been this length I'd have thought the season pass would have been perhaps worth the cost.

WhiteWolf

Finishing up NG+ and I am loving all the little details they put into the game. Moments ranging from
scratch marks appearing on Tim if you miss a certain counter prompt
to seeing the Batwing fly about while free roaming during certain sections of the game to receiving different dialogue if you finish the Most Wanted missions post game.

Season of Infamy was really enjoyable, maybe a tad short. The moments after
thawing Nora during the Mr.Freeze mission
really hit the emotional beats well for me. Great finale for a fantastic villain of the trilogy.

witness

Ended up getting the season pass during the sale and I do not regret it one bit. The massive amount of challenge maps, including the ones just releases yesterday, along with all the skins, and Season of Infamy (loving it so far) really enhances my view of this game. It makes the game feel fully featured to me now. So much so that I will be doing a New Game+ run soon. Doesn't hurt that I'm getting hyped by the new movie.

I got AK and the season pass during the infamous amazon pricing error and have been playing for the past 3 days or so. Uhhh I know this game has mixed opinion but I love it. I never really bothered with Riddler stuff but the bomb collar rooms he has set up are great! The combat and the predator stuff are at an all time best with AK. I will make some complaints though:

So the Batmobile is cool, I like driving around in it and also the car chase parts and Firefly. The combat mode is bad though. It's not fun and I don't "feel like Batman." The worst offender is the race laps that Riddler has you do. This is the most egregious use of the Batmobile and all around absurd. It's fun to do, I actually enjoy it, but it's terribly "video game" when the rest of it feels like "Batman simulator." Also not being able to use the Tim Burton Batmobile in the main game is a major bummer.

Where's Tim Burton Catwoman costume? Where's Animated Series Batman costume? And Catwoman now that I think about it

All in all, I'm really enjoying it though. I'm at the 35% mark on the main quest and have been doing as many side quests as possible, it got to the point where I have to proceed with the main quest to lower the bridges before I can do anymore side stuff.

OK so I just got the ps4 premium edition code from a gaffer this weekend and downloaded everything. What's the deal with the installation process? When I first tried to boot the game, it started an installation counter at 51 hours( WTF?!!). I fell asleep and so it was installing overnight, I wake this morning and the counter is at over 7 hours. I've done a bit f research online and this seems to be an common issue. How has this not been patched yet?

Been playing quite a bit of this lately, and I have a question about those batmobile upgrades that Lucius Fox offers. I know that he gives you two choices at certain points in the story, but will there be a point where I can no longer get an upgrade?

GeoGonzo

Been playing quite a bit of this lately, and I have a question about those batmobile upgrades that Lucius Fox offers. I know that he gives you two choices at certain points in the story, but will there be a point where I can no longer get an upgrade?
Nope. Think of them as "which of these do you want first?".

Is that one of the first choices, where the drones attack other drones? Definitely love that upgrade.
Yup, it's great. Draws fire away from you and the hacked drones can deal some serious damage. And like I said, it's the best way to take out a certain armored vehicle you'll come across later, so don't forget to keep upgrading it!

I'll be ready to tackle the DLC soon. Which of them have actual story content? I don't plan on playing any that are only challenge maps or whatever.

I beat the main game plus Knightfall part 1 last night, watched the true ending on youtube during the long ass credits

I didn't like it. thoughts on the ending:
With Azrael being in the main game plus the damn thing being called the Knightfall Protocol, I figured they were setting up for Azrael taking over since the Knightfall storyline in the comics is where Bane breaks Batman's back. It would have been cool to see Azrael become Batman with an ominous tone knowing how it ends up. Leaves room open for the next game with Azrael being the bad guy

If not this, then I also dreamed of Bruce moving towards the Bat robots seen in Kingdom Come. I know that's an alternate future but it's where my head went, maybe they do that.

Lastly, not related to the plot, but the Deathstroke fight was a huge disappointment. When he took over for the Arkham Knight I had flashbacks to his awesome fight in Arkham Origins. He was almost an equal to Batman back then, so I was preparing for a major, hard as nails, fight now that he's honed his skills. Nope, it's a god damn car battle!!!!!! What a letdown!!! That should have been some epic ass fight on a rooftop! At least in the parking lot of GCPD as you're taking him in or something.

Beta Stage

Neo Member
I wisn Rocksteady gave you the choice of not just changing the color filter in Photo Mode, but in the game itself as well. I would love to be able to play the game in B&W.

Drayco21

So I just bought this and am curious to know what story dlc is worth playing. The premium edition I bought seems like a lot of game.

The Season of Infamy storylines and Batgirl DLC stuff is basically the only thing of substance. All the Arkham Episode content with Nightwing, Red Hood, Riddler, Harley and so on are 5-10 minute long glorified combat challenges, which I suppose are only worth your time in the sense that they aren't going to take up very much of it.

Maybe I'm beginning to slip with my taste in games, but once I changed to the alternative batmobile controls I started liking the batmobile.
The normal controls are really damn terrible, but having the L2 for reverse and R1 to toggle between modes made all the difference in the world. It plays like every other game that has car(s) in it now.

I'm only about 4 or 5 hours in, but if this is what the rest of the game consists of I think I'll be fine.

Maybe I'm beginning to slip with my taste in games, but once I changed to the alternative batmobile controls I started liking the batmobile.
The normal controls are really damn terrible, but having the L2 for reverse and R1 to toggle between modes made all the difference in the world. It plays like every other game that has car(s) in it now.

I'm only about 4 or 5 hours in, but if this is what the rest of the game consists of I think I'll be fine.

Ive just started playing this too - the car controls are a bit weird, im always pulling the L trigger expecting to brake. might try changing.

Its a great looking game though. Im on Pc. Getting solid 60fps with everything maxed out.

KooopaKid

Banned
Just started this last night. Lovely so far if a bit talkative. Loved the batmobile use in the ACE Chemicals facility, some interesting puzzles already.
I'm playing on Hard and the combat is just too easy for me but it's the third game I play in the series so I know it by heart. I have to say you are a bit overpowered, even in Silent mode now because of the Fear multi-takedown ability, a bit too easy!
The game is gorgeous, more impressive visually than Witcher III for me.

Anyone here actually get all the Riddler trophies? There's so damn many. I've done all of the other activities except this one.

I have like, 30 trophies so far.

Anyone here actually get all the Riddler trophies? There's so damn many. I've done all of the other activities except this one.

I have like, 30 trophies so far.

Yep. Ive gotten them. They get a bit easier once they start getting marked on the map. Just be sure to interrogate all Riddler informants you come across.

Well, I got all the Riddler trophies and unlocked the true ending...weird.
I can kind of understand what's going on, but still. Very ambiguous.

pHand

Got the Season Pass recently and have been slowly making my way through it after already 100%ing the main game last year. Had to basically relearn the driving mechanics to finish the new races. Using first-person view making drifting easier and pressing L1 to operate obstacles made them a cinch, though. Wish I had known about those earlier.

Almost done with all of the AR challenges aside from the Predator ones, which I just started. Nightwing's Jailbreak predator map is patently ridiculous. Get 5 ledge takedowns, don't break any glass (even though there's glass almost everywhere), <i>and</i> leave the detective mode jammer for last. It ended up taking me 40 minutes, and that's after spending over an hour experimenting to find patterns. Once I got the ledge takedowns I basically cowered in fear for 30 minutes because I was terrified of getting seen and shot at.

So, are the free dlc challenge maps available (maps from the old games)? Haven't played Knight in a long time.

Yup, the DLC has been out since January. It's 3 combat maps and 4 predator maps.

Top Bottom