• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Batman: Arkham Origins |OT| Justice from the head of Prototype And Hulk: UD

The second half of the game really finds its own groove compared to the first half, where I was kinda forcing myself to play it. Now I had to force myself to stop!

Yeah. I was pleasantly surprised.

Yeah Deus ex on the Wii U also does this. It's a nice feature to have.
So guys I finished the intro. Game looks pretty sick and the cutscenes are nice. Game is really fun so far.

Just to remind people thinking about the WiiU version that all the gamepad specific features from the Armored Edition are gone.

But it runs way better, so that is the trade off

Any screen tearing? I hate screen tearing.

The hype for this game snuck up on me with a quickness so I got the Wii U version today. I've played for a bit and it's pretty good! I do miss the GamePad features from AC, though. Strange that they dropped them, but it's ultimately not a big deal.

The sound is no fucking joke with my surround system, which is nice :)

This might sound dumb, but I have no idea where I supposed to be going to advance the main story. I just left
the penguins ship and took down anarchy.

The map says the main objective is to locate black mask, but there arent any indicators for where to go or what to do. i have about 15 of enigmas guys with markers on my map and thats it. Is that part of the main quest? I only ask because it feels like an extended side quest. I feel bad for being lost in a batman game lol.

Yeah, this game really steps it up after (mid game spoils)
the joker is introduced. I'm now playing through a simultaneous joker origin/adaptation of mad love. Really well done series of scenes, and troy is really shining as joker here. Very very pleasantly surprised that they wrote joker well without dini involved.

This game is surprising me with how well the narrative is turning out.

bumpkin

The hype for this game snuck up on me with a quickness so I got the Wii U version today. I've played for a bit and it's pretty good! I do miss the GamePad features from AC, though. Strange that they dropped them, but it's ultimately not a big deal.

The sound is no fucking joke with my surround system, which is nice :)
I wonder how the Wii U version compares to the others (360 and PS3). I played the first two on 360, but would consider going Wii U with Origins if there was compelling reason to do so. Everything I heard about the port of Arkham City was that it was pretty awful. :-/

Pimpn Drop Bear

Neo Member
Can someone pretty please tell me (who is finished the game or pretty far along the tech unlockd) I am trying to unlock critical strikes in combos but cant see where to do it. I suspect it might be in the tech tree as a "play the story to unlock" square but just want confirmation. Pretty annoying as I cant get further up the vigilante tree until it unlocks. For reference I am up to the point in the story where you are trying to apprehend
joker
in the
steel mill.

Dysun

Game just locked up on me, definitely a shoddy job doing QA. Framerate issues, bugs, and now hard locks. Ugh, when it works it's alot of fun but god damn

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
OK, for all of you that wanted a Mr Freeze style boss I have to say that they gave us one. It's the
final Bane
fight and it's so good. Now it's not exactly a 1-1 thing, but it's the same idea in that you can't keep doing the same sort of things and expect it to work.

Game just locked up on me, definitely a shoddy job doing QA. Framerate issues, bugs, and now hard locks. Ugh, when it works it's alot of fun but god damn

If you're on the PS3 there is apparently a faulty patch that is causing a lot of problems. Try deleting it. I found some bugs in the Steam version, but nothing that would cause a lockup.

Yeah, this game really steps it up after (mid game spoils)
the joker is introduced. I'm now playing through a simultaneous joker origin/adaptation of mad love. Really well done series of scenes, and troy is really shining as joker here. Very very pleasantly surprised that they wrote joker well without dini involved.

This game is surprising me with how well the narrative is turning out.

I just finished and frankly the game was worth it for the story alone. It managed to cram a lot in there and it was great. My only complaint was I thought
Shiva
would have been more prominent considering the chatter by Bane's henchmen.

Nori Chan

Um am I really almost done with the game? Apparently the story progress shows me at 90%.

I just
Fought Bane at the roof and had the cut scene with joker and Harley.

I own, but have not played the other 2 games, is this one worth getting full priced?

If this is your first Arkham game, you'll probably really like it. The biggest complaint about this one is how stale the overall game design is compared to Arkham/City, but you not having any familiarity with the mechanics, you should be good to go.

MartyStu

If this is your first Arkham game, you'll probably really like it. The biggest complaint about this one is how stale the overall game design is compared to Arkham/City, but you not having any familiarity with the mechanics, you should be good to go.

Thanks. Pulling the trigger...

Ok, I think I have a mission that just isnt popping up for some reason. Early game spoilers.
I have done the murder investigation where the guy gets pushed off building and then interrogated the guy that did it.
From what I read, I think I am supposed to go to a hotel and continue this series of missions, but there is nothing marked anywhere. I have no idea where to go.

It sounds like this guy was having the same problem, but he cut the video and restarted when he fixed it. No explanation for how he got the mission to pop up. I am getting super frustrated. Any tips on where to go or where this mission is at? Its a big city and impossible to find without a marker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...oWRGKYchs&list=UUns4T9U8VSIRovKa1a_r7rA#t=482

TentPole

Can someone pretty please tell me (who is finished the game or pretty far along the tech unlockd) I am trying to unlock critical strikes in combos but cant see where to do it. I suspect it might be in the tech tree as a "play the story to unlock" square but just want confirmation. Pretty annoying as I cant get further up the vigilante tree until it unlocks. For reference I am up to the point in the story where you are trying to apprehend
joker
in the
steel mill.

You have to finish the
Shiva
sidequest to unlock it. To get it started you need to look for a
baby carriage
in the same part of the bowery where you
interrogated "Loose Lips" at the gun deal meeting
early in the game.

so is anyone else having problems with
the radio tower by the GCPD with the air duct? its not letting me escape after the window gets locked

Hurley

Ok, I think I have a mission that just isnt popping up for some reason. Early game spoilers.
I have done the murder investigation where the guy gets pushed off building and then interrogated the guy that did it.
From what I read, I think I am supposed to go to a hotel and continue this series of missions, but there is nothing marked anywhere. I have no idea where to go.

It sounds like this guy was having the same problem, but he cut the video and restarted when he fixed it. No explanation for how he got the mission to pop up. I am getting super frustrated. Any tips on where to go or where this mission is at? Its a big city and impossible to find without a marker.

I had the exact same issue. You have to go to
lacey towers

Now that was satisfying.

2048x1152.resizedimage

REV 09

Deathstroke
fight was insane. worth the price of admission alone.

also, I love this darker batman. dude is pissed off to the max; nice contrast to the seasoned, calmer batman in the first two games.

Jintor

Fuck. I was going to christmas wait this game but I might pick it up sooner rather than later.

I didn't really realise how much I missed playing Bats.

Is this GFWL on PC? Worst fucking thing about them.

Just finished the boss battle with
Deathstroke
. I'm fairly early in the game. That shit was intense. My hand's killing me. Died twice. But you know, despite the QTE heavy nature of it, I really, really liked it. It was just really intense. And fast. Pretty baller fucking fight. The first fight with
Killer Croc
was pretty meh though. The "fight" with
The Electrocutioner
was hilarious.

Really enjoying the game. The WB design for Bruce/Batman/Chris Redfield is a hell of a lot better than Rocksteady's, I think.

Eusis

Fuck. I was going to christmas wait this game but I might pick it up sooner rather than later.

I didn't really realise how much I missed playing Bats.

Is this GFWL on PC? Worst fucking thing about them.
It's so anti-GFWL that it knocked GFWL out of the prior two games. So you're clear.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
First impressions - Arkham City definitely started off stronger, and it was way, way, way, way more polished. With that said, this is definitely more Arkham and it so far at least matches the type of gameplay the Arkham games had. More Arkham is never a bad thing. The cutscenes so far though are way above par for even the Rocksteady games, so that is very promising.

As a caveat, I only used Arkham City as a comparison point because I feel like Arkham Origins is more similar to the point where I'm at than Arkham Asylum.

I'm still not very far at all though - I just
got into Penguin's ship.

I'm somewhat mixed there. I feel what we see of the face is worse, but the suit is far and ahead better.

I think his face looks alright. The suit's pretty great. I do wish Bruce/Batman were leaner though. While he doesn't look like a steroid freak now, I think a leaner Batman looks better overall.

Rocksteady is just not good at character and outfit design (Harley Quinn AA and AC outfits, Catwoman face, commissioner Gordon) that studio need to hire new artists and 3D modelers very badly.

They should collaborate with WB to do the character design and narrative and stuff while they handle the tech and world and stuff, maybe.

Holy... How did you do that?

took 6 tries or so. make sure to go free flowin' and attack guys with guns first naturally. The tricky part is counters because there are soo many enemies, but once you get a good combo going and reach x12 or w/e it is to go super speed (forgot its name), it gets easier. Focus on attacking guys with guns, get your counters. is doeable :p

Weird that there isn't an achievement or anything here.

Top Bottom