• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman' Reboot - Who should play who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee-Row

Banned
The Robins are one of the best parts of the Bat Universe. Dick, Damian, and Tim are more interesting and likable than Bruce, too.

Also, people are aware that Robin has been in his mid to late teens more often than not in the mythos. Don't know why everyone keeps acting like he's always a kid.

What about Jason? He actually kills people and gets shit done!

Jensen Ackles for Jason Todd/Red Hood please. Would love to see a film version.

tumblr_lltsjrg98a1qbdfj5.gif

red_hood.jpg

tumblr_m5xt6yINOm1rvlajqo1_500.jpg

You know what'd be neat, if in the world of Man of Steel, the Batman Beyond version already exists (high-tech version that could hypothetically compete against more superpowered characters) and the old Batman, Bruce Wayne, has retired and become an epic myth in Gotham/East Coast. So the Batman has existed since say the 50s/60s in the shared universe, but just an ordinary man with sheer willpower.

Solo

I am 100% behind the Batman Beyond idea, by the way. Allows the reboot to differentiate itself from Nolan's films, and gives us a live action vision of the character we haven't seen before. Throw in some Blade Runner-esque visuals and baby, you got a stew going!

If MoS is successful they should try doing World's Finest rather than diving into Justice League.

Why not instead of Terry McGinnis rocking the Beyond suit, just start it with younger Bruce rocking the Beyond suit. Fuck, just assume that he grew up in a world where tech advanced enough so that he's able to rock a Beyond suit super-early.

I am 100% behind the Batman Beyond idea, by the way. Allows the reboot to differentiate itself from Nolan's films, and gives us a live action vision of the character we haven't seen before. Throw in some Blade Runner-esque visuals and baby, you got a stew going!

id rather go with blade II visuals over blade runner and cast paul dano as terreh

barrbarr

I don't get why everyone here is saying that the new batman should rock the beyond suit. That suit is impossible, how would the face work?

Xux

They should just skip Bruce-Batman and go straight to Dick-Batman. Have the original Batman go down as a legend, only referred to in the past tense (assume he died), and the film picks up with Dick trying to live up to the legacy of the Dark Knight with Damian Wayne as his sidekick.

Though that would be a tough sell.
Man, I'd watch the shit out of this.

If Nightwing isn't part of the Justice Leage, I'ma be pretty mad.

They should just switch roles up. Marion "Three days from retirement" Cotillard will play Batman. Morgan Freeman will be the Joker. Katie Holmes will play Alfred.

i doubt this is the thread for this but fuck it...

Any one else think the best way to introduce the public to whoever the new Batman is, is through a potential Worlds Finest movie?

I feel like it not only eases them into accepting the new actor but the new tone as well, a Batman who also works with gods so to speak. I feel like it'd be easier to back into the fantastic elements of Batman this way, rather than having a reboot movie that's potentially somewhat grounded and then "oh hay guys, he also is cool with an alien, a space cop, and a greek goddess."

Just thinking out loud.

I think most people are smart enough to remember Batman's origin and all the stuff he generally has going on. They could probably throw a new Batman into a crazy situation without much trouble.

It'd probably be better to have at least one film establishing him in a more fantastical world (with Mr. Freeze, Clayface or someone similar), but a World's Finest would probably still work fine.

Matt_C

If there is a Batman 'reboot', have new production team to start fresh and let the Syncopy movies still being made. Wouldn't it be fun to have a cinematic MULTIverse with a potential crisis to be made into another franchise?

Shaanyboi

Banned
Directed by Rian Johnson (Looper)

Jim Caviezel as Bruce Wayne/Batman (though i like the Karl Urban angle people have been mentioning...)
Bryan Cranston as Jim Gordon

Robin origin story. It allows Batman to still be a shadowy figure, while we still have an introductory point of view into the world through Dick Grayson's eyes. After adopting Dick, Batman is trying to do his best for the boy by relentlessly hunting down Tony Zucco and (reluctantly with the help of Batgirl who Bruce has refused to be a proper mentor to) exposing the drug plot that is the reason why Dick's parents were killed. However Alfred tries to make Bruce realize that he has to be there as a father for Dick as well. But as a result, Zucco goes underground and manages to escape Gotham. In embracing his fatherly role, he sees that Dick needs to find justice for his parents in much the same way Bruce did - a parallel he never quite shared with Barbera Gordon. Bruce eventually starts training Dick, but is incredibly harsh and blunt - almost brutal (not quite All-Star Batman & Robin, but you get the idea). However, after almost two years later, the training has clearly paid off. Robin joins him regularly on patrol, a move Gordon heavily disapproves of, not wanting to see children in the crossfire (awkward...). But regardless, with Batgirl also finally accepted under Batman's wing now, together they move to take down the reemerged Zucco, and simultaneously, the drug plot that leads all the way up to the Scarecrow.

Film 2 would be set afew years later. The Joker already exists in this universe. It'd be a mix of The Killing Joke with the Joker trying to push Gordon over the edge and crippling Barbara, and Mad Love with Harleen Quinzel being seduced by him and facilitating in his escape. It'd also have Dick seeing how far the Joker is pushing Bruce, and after having to even stop Batman from brutally beating a low-level Joker henchman in front of his wife and young son, in the end he has had it and refuses to be part of what he sees as Batman's inevitable downfall. Robin leaves, leaving Batman again alone, having to see that his crusade has both put the ones he loves in danger, and has pushed the others away.

snoopen

Andre aggasi as batman.
Stephen hawking as Alfred.
Condeleza rice as batgirl.
Jeremy Clarkson as the riddler.
Ryan gosling as robin.

D.Lo

Get the director of Dredd as well. That movie was so good it was ridiculous. I forgot movies could be that fun.

TDKR left such a bad smell with its combination of self-importance and script stupidity, it needs a more colourful, twisted, comic book vibe. I'd love a lower budget, riskier take too. Maybe more violent, smaller scale. With a 40s vibe like the animated universe, with period music. Oversaturated rich dark colours, grainy looking film stock.

But they'll want something they can tie together with Superman, which is annoying since Nolan's involved with that. Can we have Bale in a JL movie and have a separate universe Batman rolling as well? Can the public handle this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom