• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman' Reboot - Who should play who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I never thought of this, but that's perfect.

As for the Joker, it's high time the rest of world gets introduced to Mark Hamill's joker.
mark-hamill-returning-gi.jpg

You want old Batman vs old Joker? Clint Eastwood as Riddler?

They should go full out Court of Owls... bring in Owlman is a villain.

tFNv5pu.jpg

I could see John Hamm playing this lunatic.

Or... Guy Pearce. I'd like to see Guy Pearce as Owlman.

Court_of_Owls_002.jpg

Shit, bring in Talon, bring in the whole conspiracy.

I kinda wanna see some new villains this time around. Who has already been committed to film?

Joker, Riddler, Two-Face, Bane, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Penguin, Mr Freeze, Ra's, Talia, and Scarecrow.

Joni

Either Joseph Gordon Levitt, or no one famous right now. If they don't go for JGL, they should wait at least 5-6 years which would invalidate most actors.

Fritz

If she wasn't already cast as Faora in Man of Steel, Antje Traue for Catwoman.

Man, Man of Steel's cast would make a great Batman cast.

Maybe.

Wait what. I've never heard of her and she is effing gorgeous. Like a Kristen Stewart that has actually something going on in her face.

"Nolan's greatest achievement was to cast Bruce Wayne, not Batman." So let's do it, let's cast Bruce Wayne again:
michael-fassbender.jpg

Fassbender

Joker :
tumblr_lrx0edjShE1qlntvd.gif

Christopher Waltz (Inglorious Basterds, Green Hornet, Django)

or
Walton-Goggins.jpg

Walton Goggins (Shield, Justified, Django)

Pinguin :
4ZTgoQX.png

Micheal Emerson (Lost)

Hugo Strange
HugoWeaving_509.jpg

Hugo Weaving (Matrix, V for Vendetta, Transformers, Captain America)

Mr. E. Nigma
Neil_Patrick_Harri_barney.jpg

Neil Patrick Harris (Starship Trooper, HIMYM)

Freeze
Lost_Locke.jpg

Terry Oquinn (Lost)

Robin
Tumblr_m61parq6MD1rwqvcuo2_500.png

that little kid from batman begins, so full circle if used as Robin (Damian Wayne) evil, sociopathic, huge brat

Black Mask
Christopher-Walken-photo-318.jpg

Christopher Walken (the voiiiiiice)

Hush
4647.jpg

Jason Clark

Edit : now the ladies :

Poison Ivy
Isla-Fisher-007.jpg

Isla Fisher

Catwoman
Harly Quinn

no I don't know much girls to play these girls

Jarnet87

Urban's voice is already gritty and deep, imagine how terrible he's gonna sound when they tell him to do the Batman voice.

Urban's voice is already gritty and deep, imagine how terrible he's gonna sound when they tell him to do the Batman voice.

If he's just using his regular voice he should be fine then!

also: some seriously legitimate suggestions up there, Fassbender for Wayne, i can dig that

Danlord

I think Karl Urban might not be chosen given recent appearance in Dredd but this is just our own wishlists, but I do like the idea of him being given the role.

Batman : Karl Urban
Joker : Willem Dafoe (I know he has a thick, wide jaw and the comic-style Joker has a narrower jaw, but I think Dafoe's talents could pull it off and has that naturally eccentric look to him and I think could work for the role
Nightwing : Joseph-Gordon Levitt. (I thought this role in The Dark Knight Rises and the ending of the movie set it up perfectly as a role, and he suits it I think)
Harley Quinn : Emma Stone (I know she has this super pretty-girl look like how she was in Zombieland and Superbad, but I think it could work. She looks to have the capacity to be twisted. Also she's in Spiderman, so there's that comic-book conflict like with Karl Urban)

TheDiabolical

I didn't read my own avatar and now everyone knows I'm not too bright. :(
Bruce Wayne

Ray Stevenson (Punisher Warzone) or Patrick Warburton (The Tick, Rules of Engagement)

since they both have the height and a natural deep voice.

Joker

Jonathan Rhys Meyers or Jude Law

Scarecrow

Jeremy Irons

Harley Quinn

Ariana Grande

Wait what. I've never heard of her and she is effing gorgeous. Like a Kristen Stewart that has actually something going on in her face.

I lol'd pretty hard at this comment.

Catwoman needs be hot. She isn't. Cute? Yeah, but that's different thing. She would fit Harley Quinn more.

She's a fantastic actor though. She's great in Orphan Black.

Bill Hader as The Joker.

Not kidding.

You know... I can sorta see this.

I wouldn't even try to cast Joker, I don't think anyone will ever surpass Ledger's portrayal. The man won an oscar for a superhero film, albeit perhaps for the only character from a superhero film that had that level of potential.

I wouldn't even try to cast Joker, I don't think anyone will ever surpass Ledger's portrayal. The man won an oscar for a superhero film, albeit perhaps for the only character from a superhero film that had that level of potential.
I think the character deserves some rest for while, but there is room for another interpretation beyond Heath's.

I wanna see this more horrific rendition:

concept_joker_1.jpg

Name a young actor in his late 20s, who is tall (6' minimum), physically fit and agile, is handsome with a sort of dark charm, and can play (not overplay) "eccentric" and "driven" well. There's your next Bruce Wayne.

Anthony Hopkins as Alfred?

tumblr_m7sss0wVo71rxsxlso1_500.jpg

Or what about Anthony Stewart Head?

tumblr_misaoy7ovt1r3ei28o1_500.jpg

Edit: Forgot that Hopkins plays Odin in Thor. Never mind, no contract would allow him to play anything for DC.

And that's why the film must only feature Batman, no Bruce Wayne.

They should just skip Bruce-Batman and go straight to Dick-Batman. Have the original Batman go down as a legend, only referred to in the past tense (assume he died), and the film picks up with Dick trying to live up to the legacy of the Dark Knight with Damian Wayne as his sidekick.

Though that would be a tough sell.

They should just skip Bruce-Batman and go straight to Dick-Batman. Have the original Batman go down as a legend, only referred to in the past tense (assume he died), and the film picks up with Dick trying to live up to the legacy of the Dark Knight with Damian Wayne as his sidekick.

Though that would be a tough sell.

If you want to go that route make it Terry and do Batman Beyond.

Trigger

I like the Fassbender suggestion. I'm not sure if he'd have a good Batman voice, but I could buy him as Bruce Wayne and a detective.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom