• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman' Reboot - Who should play who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4ZTgoQX.png

Michael Emerson as Hugo Strange?

michael emerson as ben linus as the riddler

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Incoming suggestions of GAF heroes Idris Elba, Benedict Cumberbatch and Michael Fassbender. Doesn't matter the roles, they will be suggested.

ezekial45

Banned
Warner Brothers better start lining actors to counter act Marvel. They've already got their sights on Idris Elba and The Rock for their movies.

It's gonna be like an arms race.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Whoever it is should be big. I've always pictured Bats as being Sherlock Holmes in the body of a linebacker. Bale got ripped, but he never seemed like an intimidating larger than life intelligent sort.
7fTuYqU.gif

I understand the cartoons and comics have the advantage of being able to just draw Bruce Wayne how he should look. Most actors seem to be too short to really do it right.

Whoever it is should be big. I've always pictured Bats as being Sherlock Holmes in the body of a linebacker. Bale got ripped, but he never seemed like an intimidating larger than life intelligent sort.
7fTuYqU.gif

I understand the cartoons and comics have the advantage of being able to just draw Bruce Wayne how he should look. Most actors seem to be too short to really do it right.

anyone who is really that big would look silly in live action, and probably can't act for shit.

Batman is essentially a ninja, he needs to be quick and agile.

Salsa

I was listening to an old smodcast with Russel Brand and he said he'd love to play a Batman villain

I could see it, if they go fucking Batman Forever levels of wackiness

his american accent sucks tho

Big people aren't automatically clumsy or dumb.

they do if they try to act like ninjas. Bale was plenty big. Look at pics of Cavill in Man of Steel. Nowhere near as big as Supes is in the animated series or in a lot of comics, but for an actual human being, big enough to be believable.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
they do if they try to act like ninjas. Bale was plenty big. Look at pics of Cavill in Man of Steel. Nowhere near as big as Supes is in the animated series or in a lot of comics, but for an actual human being, big enough to be believable.

I get what you are saying, I just want a physically intimidating Batman, and for me, Bale wasn't there. My ideal of Batman may be unattainable in live action.
I can dream though.

Dali

Whoever plays him, I hope they finally get the costume down. Seriously, the mascara behind a cowl is the dumbest looking thing ever. Why can't he have the lenses like he does in the comics. I understand there's this thing about the eyes and acting, but ummm... Spiderman, Daredevil, and Judge Dred, just to name a few, show that seeing the actor's eyes isn't a requirement of a comic movie.

RedAssedApe

Banned
didnt know there were all these karl urban fans. what has he been in that showed off his acting chops?

only remember him from doom and dredd. not exactly vehicles for showing off your acting lol

didnt know there were all these karl urban fans. what has he been in that showed off his acting chops?

only remember him from doom and dredd. not exactly vehicles for showing off your acting lol

It's Batman, bruh. You scowl, sound tough, and punch goons. Urban's got that down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom