• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'Batman' Reboot - Who should play who?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Retro

But who play's Terry?

I dunno if he has the acting chops, but Kit Harington (Game of Thrones) can pull the look off if he shaves;

kitharington08o0xah.jpg

Gonna have to work on that British accent too, I guess.

Guys.

Guys!

Karl Urban is starring on Almost Human. Almost Human is being produced by JJ Abrams. JJ Abrams also produces Person of Interest. Person of Interest is created by Jonah Nolan. Jonah Nolan wrote the script for the TDK series, which was directed by Christopher Nolan. Christopher Nolan is producing Man of Steel, and by extension may be involved with the Batman reboot and the JL.

So... Karl Urban as Batman... could... happen.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Karl Urban's jaw is pointy and weak.

Idk, it's very distracting. I still like his work in Dredd though.

Ephemeris

I was going to ridicule everything in this thread, including the very idea of another reboot but this might not be a bad thing.

Urban certainly seems to have the built, looks and voice for it.

Agreed.

I admittedly, didn't even know who he is. But when I watched Dredd and said "that guy could be Bats." So I saw the thread, google'd Urban and..

tumblr_lu5iw0EVOL1qgur8o.gif

Oare

At this point, they may as well cast Ryan Gosling as Batman, Shia Labeouf as Robin, Chevy Chase as Alfred and Bill Pullman as commissioner Gordon.

Also, Steve Ballmer as the Joker, because after so many reboots, the franchise may start to feel a bit like Windows 95.

BadAss2961

I don't even want to think about a reboot until Batman/Superman happens and/or Justice League movie series is concluded.

Just give Bale a ton of money to keep at it.

I'd like a proper live action Dark Knight Returns adaptation with Ron Perlman. Or perhaps Mickey Rourke.

Karl Urban is a great choice for a reboot though.

I was originally on the reboot bandwagon, but if they are going to go forward with the JLA stuff, I'm starting to come around to keeping Bale if he and Nolan are both on board. A young Batman doesn't seem right with the Justice League, whereas Bale could sort of be the older mentor of the group.

Forget an origin story (just have limited flashbacks and exposition) and open with Urban-as-Batman running down the scum of Gotham in the streets, striking fear in everyone's hearts.

With all that is said, is it impossible for Bale and the rest of the Dark Knight crew to be back for a straight Justice League movie?

With all that is said, is it impossible for Bale and the rest of the Dark Knight crew to be back for a straight Justice League movie?

They could open the JLA movie with a scene where
Darkseid attacks the cafe in Florence right after the head nod scene in TDKR, killing Alfred and Selena and giving Bruce a new source of vengeance to bring the cowl out of retirement for

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
Nolans Batman has no place in the Universe that MoS sets up.

Personally, I thought Armie Hammer was a good choice when Miller cast him as Batman in JLA: Mortal. Get him back.

luxsol

I'm getting tired of reboots.
It's the same origin stories time after time and re-making the same villains with their own origin stories.

They need to stop doing this and just make it like the Bond series. Get a new actor and keep adding to the mythos, instead of starting from scratch all over again.

And do it right, or else a great character and his stories are going to put on the sidelines for nearly a decade until people forget about that character's terrible movie.
Fucking Hollywood. What's so hard about writing good stories when children's cartoons can do them ten times better?

s-JON-PETERS-large.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom