• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Daylyt vs. O-Solo will be funniest all-time.

lKRA2u0.gif

https://youtu.be/GFqUHyCPDDY

OH SHIT!

Ill Will VS Arsonal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_9ErT6NajI

Danja Zone VS Quest Mcody
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2He1-QTwS4

Quest had some pretty solid material and definitely snapped, but Danja's pen is craaaazy! "til I wave goodbye with the fifth at his chin like i'm a little rascal" EW.

QP VS Marvwon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLIek-D7y54
They both had some hard chokes, but there were some really good moments for Marv (His first especially) and QP. Solid battle, could've been great.

mileS

I normally love QP's shit but his performance there was off. Forcing it a little bit too much. Glad he's starting to battle more again. One of the most creative love him or not.

I feel like I might have already asked this question a page or two back but whats happening with Danja Zone? Last year he made some major improvements to his style & performance that had him standing out amongst the pack. Seemed like he was poised to make some major moves but hasn't really climbed up the ranks the way you'd think. Rum Nitty seems to have taken a bit of his shine as another complex writer with growing buzz.

Is there something going on with Danja Zone and URL that's preventing him from getting bigger looks? He seems like a perfect fit for the Born Legacy series they're focusing on right now.

I feel like I might have already asked this question a page or two back but whats happening with Danja Zone? Last year he made some major improvements to his style & performance that had him standing out amongst the pack. Seemed like he was poised to make some major moves but hasn't really climbed up the ranks the way you'd think. Rum Nitty seems to have taken a bit of his shine as another complex writer with growing buzz.

Is there something going on with Danja Zone and URL that's preventing him from getting bigger looks? He seems like a perfect fit for the Born Legacy series they're focusing on right now.
No clue, maybe. He could've also just been taking a break like Chilla did for a bit. He battled a lot and had quite a few significant battles last year.

No clue, maybe. He could've also just been taking a break like Chilla did for a bit. He battled a lot and had quite a few significant battles last year.

True. Just a shame Rum Nitty is about to be a multi million view battle rap super star & Danja Zone is still languishing in the 150~300k range.

Also I'm tired of dope battles on subpar leagues with shitty camera work & audio. Seriously I was just going back and watching some classic Daylyt battles (Rich Dolarz, Clips, Chilla) and thank god they were all shot by Avo. The newest battles out of detroit are ass imo the audio is just too shit.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nu Jerzy Twork 3-0, but I though the battle didn't live up to the hype that much. He's decent but he relies on buildup a lot and the payoff isn't always top notch. Not very replayable IMO.

Ill Will vs. Arsonal heated up more and more as it went on. The last 3 rounds of the battle are so much better than the first 3. Ars 2-1, but good battle.

Danja Zone 3-0. Quest had some shit, but my god, Danja just doesn't run out of steam it seems. Fam was going in. Danja was just on Traffic, wasn't he? He hasn't been gone that long, might have just taken a break after the pistol whipping thing lol Also, unlike Nitty, he isn't exclusive to URL for the time being. Plus, and he's getting better at this, but the star quality isn't that great and his writing is just a wee bit too complicated for the drunk URL crowds.

Arsonal vs. Cortez is also out. Tez 3-0 or 2-1 (cause Ars' 3rd was long as hell), he was exceptional IMO, he took this very seriously. Arsonal was ehh, he had his moments, a few that got slept on ("You-are-a-ho, that's a different tribe" lol) but he choked too.

Don't mind me, just posting the meanest/hardest hitting punch of all-time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBe-7GmkNr8&t=25m22s

The horn sound effect made it even meaner sounding lol. And the "GAHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH!!!!" hype guy on the right. I love that dude's reactions. They're always slightly early.
That's Mickey Factz, and yeah he can usually see them coming.

Another great Mickey Factz reaction from another great battle.

Also in Chilla's future classic 1st vs. Prep.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I got Will 3-0, 1st debatable for Nitty, felt he did way better in the Ave battle, although the grab the nose running line is a contender for line of the year.

Will just too charismatic TBH, gives him the edge IMO.

Also Norbes was on AFR saying Pat Stay might be on BL5, Money Bagz is definitely coming back to URL, Chef Trez is definitely comng back and has a one-off happening soon vs. Ryda, also might have finally worked something out with B Dot. But Qleen might not ever come back :(

I got Nitty taking this. Will has just as much light work as he did good bars. And some was bubblegum wrapper comic, popsicle stick cornball trash. Nitty 2-1. With Ill taking the 3rd.

^FIYAH! I got Young Kannon 2-1. 2nd and 3rd, this battle was crack! Day's reactions are the greatest!

Also, anyone who reacted to that Chanel purse line from Ill Will deserves an L.

I'm late but...

Pat Stay VS. Serius Jones
https://youtu.be/oDU4Kz32ucQ

My opinion is unchanged lol. Serius 2-1. Pat's first was pretty good though.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NOME 6 Trailer. Damn, it's been like a year since a big URL card since we didn't get a NOME or SM this year.

DNA vs. Daylyt
Brizz Rawsteen vs. Arsonal
Tay Roc vs. Rum Nitty
Charlie Clips vs. Ill Will
Tsu Surf vs. T-Top

One of the more interesting cards match-up wise TBH. Even though Clips' washed up ass is on the card, Ill Will is one of the few that can really embarass Charlie at his own game. I'm having a hard time picking a clear winner for many of these besides Ill Will. By a small margin I'm edging Daylyt, Brizz, Roc, and Top.

mileS

Bunker PPV impressions

Diz Vs. O'ffical - diz going off. exploding. lil too much bitch but he gets worked up, w/e. Second battle from O'ffical i've heard but damn, based on those two she can spit some expensive heat. Didn't get to finish this one.

E.Ness Vs. B Magic - Fun battle. Want to post a bunch of quotes but I'd rather everyone watch it when its out instead. E.Ness has insane flow when he heats up. Crowd was lovin it. He needs to battle more.

QP Vs. Fresco - I hate these types of battles sometimes. Don't battle people in your own crew unless you are going to get personal lol. Fresco is insane. You can tell he puts a lot more effort into the shit now. Good battle.

Carter Deems Vs. Bonnie Carter Deems continues to be one of the most entertaining fucks in this battle shit. He could be a great at stand up. Hilarious battle overall.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Prez Mafia vs. Nunn Nunn.

Lukewarm battle, but had some neat moments. 2-1 Nunn Nunn IMO, that dentist scheme was one of the more unpredictable schemes in recent memory, had no idea what the double entendre was while going through it. But for real, fuck Prez Mafia.

Big T vs. Danja Zone was interesting. I expected Danja Zone to do better (was still decent), and Big T was pretty captivating throughout even though he didn't have the greatest material TBH. Don't remember the rounds but my impression was that Big T took it.

Bunker PPV impressions

Diz Vs. O'ffical - diz going off. exploding. lil too much bitch but he gets worked up, w/e. Second battle from O'ffical i've heard but damn, based on those two she can spit some expensive heat. Didn't get to finish this one.

E.Ness Vs. B Magic - Fun battle. Want to post a bunch of quotes but I'd rather everyone watch it when its out instead. E.Ness has insane flow when he heats up. Crowd was lovin it. He needs to battle more.

QP Vs. Fresco - I hate these types of battles sometimes. Don't battle people in your own crew unless you are going to get personal lol. Fresco is insane. You can tell he puts a lot more effort into the shit now. Good battle.

Carter Deems Vs. Bonnie Carter Deems continues to be one of the most entertaining fucks in this battle shit. He could be a great at stand up. Hilarious battle overall.
Agree with this. Dizaster-Official was alright, pretty mean battle. Fresco was greatness though! Can't wait to watch that again.

Nunn Nunn 2-1. Prez had some eh stuff, he was mostly just loud though. Also, I...I gotta stop reading Youtube comments.

Fresco went the fuck off. QP had some good material too but Fresco's shit was razor sharp back to back.

Fresco vs QP and Magic vs E Ness were my favs. Dizaster did decently but he had a lot of cringe-worthy lines imo.

I saw angryfans quick recap of rex-surf...lmao!

Apparently he's trying to get on KOTD and he wants Pass or Pat Stay (among others anyways). I can't wait to watch that Suge battle!

Edit: Saw Surf-Suge, Surf career on suicide watch.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL: Brizz Rawsteen vs. Pass.

Brizz 3-0, maybe give the 2nd to Pass. Okay battle, carried a lot by Brizz' energy IMO.

Aye Verb VS. Mid-West Miles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=cxlxzFwJsBA

Miles 2-1. I gave Verb the 3rd for some reason. Did Verb say he got raped by a woman? He stays calling out Lux, while having shoddy performances and the strangest material.
This was like a patently average battle, but not in the negative connotation. Material wasn't that great all around but both was showing a bit of charisma.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
First time seeing a battle from Brizz but I agree with this. Pass getting the 2nd. The 3rd rounds fell off a bit from both but eh, was a decent battle.

Whats the best Brizz battle?

Brizz Rawsteen vs. Young X IMO.

One of my favourite and most rewatched battles of all time just because the reactions in the background are top notch and it's also Young X's best battle IMO.

I have real difficulty finding a good first modern battle to recommend to people new to battle rap but I think Brizz vs. Young X has just a little bit of everything that I think it's a must watch for anyone.

mileS

Both of them had some crazy material. Have to give it to Chilla by default over Pete's stumbles. He was about to choke a couple of times but held on and came back strong.

that danny trejo line. whew.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Got Chilla 2-1 as well, but that's mostly for the stumbles in round 3 and how good Chilla's 2nd was. Incredibly close battle and IMO one of the best battles this year. Great vibe, great material throughout. Both of them were cooking, and Thesaurus stepped his writing up as well.

Prep vs. Zay, jeez. This battle is so wild. I'm gonna have to watch it several more times to catch everything but my gut tells me that Prep got it. That 3rd was something special, gonna go in the history books alongside Big Kannon's freestyle round vs. O-Red, I think. Killed it. There was a lot of slick stuff that Zay said that went over the crowd's head.

Dunno how I feel about O-Red vs. Ave. I've never really liked O-Red outside of when he obliterated T-Rex, I think he might get slaughtered TBH.

I got Chilla 2-1 as well. TheSaurus is having a RIDICULOUS year though. He was no slouch in tthis battle but ultimately I think the stumbles, checking the phone and just how heavy Chilla's 3rd was got him.

We should try and do a watch2gether soon when everyone can make it. Queue up everyone's favorite battles of the year. I know I've definitely missed a few good ones. We could do it sometime next week. Let me know if you're down. I wanna plan one of these properly in advanced to actually give people a shot of coming through.

Lulz you're right. Anobody care about the upcoming bunker battles?

B Dot VS. Cortez

Thesaurus VS. Aye Verb

Also QP VS. Fresco dropping thurs!

Do any of the group viewing sites even work anymore? I thought they went under? I'd be down, though.

Watch2gether.com still works and it's honestly better than plug ever was anyways. I'm pretty much free anytime from sunday through most of next week. So just let me know what time works for you both and we can get that shit going.

Man one of my favorite battles recently. Fresco is insane with the punches and he manages to make fucking every battlers girlfriend and close relations much more entertaining than Sno ever did. QP is really good too in this battle. I'm convinced if he just slowed down his delivery and switched up the emphasis on certain lines he'd be getting crazy crowd reaction. That "well said/ wales head" word-play is the kind of thing only he can think of and it's just so crazy it works. But he rushed through it and it didn't connect with as many ppl as it probobly could have.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Watched a bunch of battles the other day:

Th3 Saga vs. Chess - Chess 2-1 IMO. Same reasons as Ninja Hawk, but I think Chess and Saga's 2nd rounds and Chess' third round are all worth watching, but the battle is just so damn long that it makes it difficult to appreciate how much Chess has levelled up at times. And Chess is completely right, if Saga didn't team up with NWX who knows what schmoes he'd be battling now. I don't see a good reason to keep Saga on the roster TBH, even though he's different from your average URL rapper, faaaaar too often does he have long ass set ups to mediocre punchlines.

QP vs. Fresco - 3-0 Fresco. Fresco is just a better all-around battler. QP can write to really high highs but he's inconsistent overall and I think a lot of stuff looks kind of dope on paper for him but it falls flat. I still can't believe this is Fresco that's dropping this heat. TBH Fresco vs. Ave would be pretty fucking dope, because they both bring pretty unique material/references to battles.

Tsu Surf vs. Shotgun Suge - Honestly, up until it started getting rowdy after Suge checked Surf, it was a pretty good battle on both sides. Electric energy in the air. Afterwards, everything just kind of fell flat for both of them. Can't call it really, but I liked Suge's angles better.

Daylyt vs. John John Da Don - 2-1 JJDD. Quality of the audio and video is absolutely trash, so who knows since the audio is so hard to interpret at times. Daylyt's Uzi Vert bar was the highlight of the whole thing, but overall it was just a bad battle.

EDIT: How are we not talking about Hitman vs. Suge taking place on High Stakes 2?

Watched a bunch of battles the other day:

Th3 Saga vs. Chess - Chess 2-1 IMO. Same reasons as Ninja Hawk, but I think Chess and Saga's 2nd rounds and Chess' third round are all worth watching, but the battle is just so damn long that it makes it difficult to appreciate how much Chess has levelled up at times. And Chess is completely right, if Saga didn't team up with NWX who knows what schmoes he'd be battling now. I don't see a good reason to keep Saga on the roster TBH, even though he's different from your average URL rapper, faaaaar too often does he have long ass set ups to mediocre punchlines.

QP vs. Fresco - 3-0 Fresco. Fresco is just a better all-around battler. QP can write to really high highs but he's inconsistent overall and I think a lot of stuff looks kind of dope on paper for him but it falls flat. I still can't believe this is Fresco that's dropping this heat. TBH Fresco vs. Ave would be pretty fucking dope, because they both bring pretty unique material/references to battles.

Tsu Surf vs. Shotgun Suge - Honestly, up until it started getting rowdy after Suge checked Surf, it was a pretty good battle on both sides. Electric energy in the air. Afterwards, everything just kind of fell flat for both of them. Can't call it really, but I liked Suge's angles better.

Daylyt vs. John John Da Don - 2-1 JJDD. Quality of the audio and video is absolutely trash, so who knows since the audio is so hard to interpret at times. Daylyt's Uzi Vert bar was the highlight of the whole thing, but overall it was just a bad battle.

EDIT: How are we not talking about Hitman vs. Suge taking place on High Stakes 2?
Daylty VS. John John happened?! I had no idea after Day didn't show the last time they were supposed to battle. Daylyt reused that Uzi Vert line against Gjonaj lol.

I forgot Hitman-Suge got announced recently! When is the last time Hitman had a big battle? And Suge has been on bit of a roll lately, he did Surf kinda bad I thought. Hmmm, Hitman 3-0!

Aye Verb VS. Bonnie Godiva

https://youtu.be/Yb2l7X6UPD8

I...really thought Bonnie was dope in this battle. I need to rewatch aye verb because nothing stuck out to me, but I liked Bonnie a bit in this.

Chef Trez VS. Ryda
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cijG2SeWsI

Pretty solid battle. Some decent rebuttals and good punches. They both drag in some spots, especially Trez with the drawn out and weak set ups, but it is a good back and forth...I think I got Trez 2nd and 3rd, but its pretty debateable honestly (which I don't think Trez wanted or expected).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Forgot to mention I watched Chef Trez vs. Ryda as well that day lol

Really enjoyed it, Ryda surprised me because I only think I've seen one battle of his before and didn't care. I give it Ryda 2-1, 2nd and 1st. I think they both need work before they can begin moving up, though. Impressive freestyles but Ryda was gassed a bit and I think Chef Trez' would sound sloppier in bigger crowds.

For some reason I can't get into Trez vs Ryda at all and I usually really enjoy Trez battles. I definitely liked some of Ryda's material but every round is dragging on for way too long imo.

Top Bottom