• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battle Rap |OT| Gon watch this work

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I shit you not, QP goes on Maury

ijlxEWEdycNJe.gif
Incoming 6 months worth of QP/DNA nameflips.

What's with all these battle rappers being caught with their pants down. X-Factor just found out the kid that he's been raising for years now isn't his too.

Pearlito's Way

Neo Member
Incoming 6 months worth of QP/DNA nameflips.

What's with all these battle rappers being caught with their pants down. X-Factor just found out the kid that he's been raising for years now isn't his too.

I'm confused as to why he's giving the people's eye brow??? LOL!! Even the baby mother didn't want the kids to favor him, hilarious.

mileS

Vendetta 2: Redemption final match up. Daylyt vs. Chilla Jones.

Man. Chilla is gonna have some shit for him. In all honesty Daylyt has to be the easiest dude to write for out right now. You could get away by doing name flips for 3 sounds straight rounds. Not to mention how cuckoo crazy the motherfucker is. Could be a good one.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
1a1113dcb17611e3aa4d12bed4c9a5f4_8.jpg

Pittsburgh URL event went down yesterday. That venue looks godlike.

No Shame vs. Michael White. Transgendered rapper vs. a dude who looks like he has tourettes. No Shame is kind of nice but this is probably the strangest battle ever, partly because of the audience not shutting the fuck up.

Math vs. Mook going down? Oh shit.

Organik responds to Math & other battlers asking for a shitload of money, third post down.

May Quiet Room Card announced:
Daylyt VS Mickey Factz
Chilla Jones VS Danny Myers
Nu born VS Ha Double

This is looking awesome. Battle rap is a bit dry right now but it's going to turn the fuck up in a few weeks. We're going to get so many great battles releasing from recent and upcoming cards: The Crown (Go-Rilla), UFF Season 2, PGs, V2R, March Quiet Room, Steel City Smackdown, NOME 4, Caskets of Classics (QOTR), and the list goes on.
And maybe we'll see more activity in this thread too lol, I KNOW WE HAVE LURKERS, DONT BE SCARED

Vendetta 2: Redemption final match up. Daylyt vs. Chilla Jones.

Man. Chilla is gonna have some shit for him. In all honesty Daylyt has to be the easiest dude to write for out right now. You could get away by doing name flips for 3 sounds straight rounds. Not to mention how cuckoo crazy the motherfucker is. Could be a good one.
That's Daylyts advantage too, because all of his opponents fall into the trap of writing about his antics. TBH I'm not checking for Daylyt anymore, I've gotten bored of him half assing everything, and it seems hes confident never taking a serious battle again. Even though he wasn't bad in the Magic battle, I don't find myself going back and watching that either.

Chilla also said he agreed to take Lottazay on URL, maybe in November. Now THAT I'm looking forward to, two of the best writers in the game IMO. Who do y'all think are the best writers in battle rap? Active or otherwise.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
URL drought stops today: Cortez vs. John John Da Don. Also UFF starts tonight. Tonight is UFF: Sno vs. HA Double:

ff4fb87ab60511e38e330ec216d01c99_8.jpg

Smack and Beasley have been teasing something big for URL too. BET wanted 1 more UFF season than what they signed for because they got 106&Park's ratings up, but they declined because they had bigger opportunities elsewhere. I have a feeling they're going to get a show with Revolt soon.

this is what you get for signing with Bad Boy

Bored as work. Gonna list some random shit.

My favourite performed lines/bars. These are not necessarily the most lyrical, complex or cunning but just the way the dude spits em + the body language+physical movement+ the crowd reaction are what make them my favourites.

Not in any order. I not gonna write them all out, but I think y'all will prolly know what I'm talking about. I might get some of them slightly wrong cuz I going off memory. Not gonna list the obvious ones (Marshall Law, Tay Roc's 2nd vs Ill Will (Smith lines), QP's first vs Rosenberg (Bitch stop watching smack), Yung ill vs Calicoe (Who is this ninja), Hollow's 3rd vs Big T (mission fail), Lottazay's 3rd vs Syahboy (Wiz Khalifa shit)

Mr Mills against Danny Meyers

- That Karate Kid shit in the first round. The build-up was tooo perfect and when he did the motion.....I was done.

Shotty Horroh vs Daylyt

- When he pulled out the mask and gloves in the 3rd round. Daylyt's nod of approval and the crowd shot are what make it.

Hitman Holla vs Conceited

- The "What you know bout" in the first round. Head on a swivel was too good.

Yung Ill vs K Shine

- The bars in the third round that ended with "both arms out like I'm meditating".

B Magic vs DNA (2 of them)

- The lines that ended with "Reload the clip so many times you think its buffering". This line is fuckin ridiculous by itself but Magic's hand motions and Smack nodding in the background make it perfect

- I know Enzo already knows this one. "Bitch I be in that trap house like Home Alone". The 2 things that bring it over the top for me is he says "Bars" after and the white chick cracking up in the background (the white chick looks like a female viscant)

Tsu Surf vs Conceited

- In the first round. "He don't know he getting snaked on. K-Shine Face on. Bunch of steel clackin like he tryin to put weights on".

Surf's movement + aggression + Mickey going nuts in the background + Hollow cracking up are what make it sick

And the Grand Daddy King of this performance shit. This is not even debateable in my eyes. Still the hardest shit I've ever heard. I probably watch it once every 3-4 days.

K-Shine vs Dna

Second Round. I probably don't even need to say anymore but I will.

"If he dies, he dies"

Wyclef bout to pass out. Smack and Mickey going bonkers. Lil Cease about to drop his drink. T-Rex grabbing any ass he can find.

Damn, I'm bored

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF uncensored is up: HA Double vs. Sno.
Judges: Shaheim Reid, Kid Capri & Amadeus

Sno did this boy dirty, where HA really fucked up is by spending all of his rounds doing wordplay, his PG battles were much more diverse than this SMH.

K-Shine vs Dna

Second Round. I probably don't even need to say anymore but I will.

"If he dies, he dies"

Wyclef bout to pass out. Smack and Mickey going bonkers. Lil Cease about to drop his drink. T-Rex grabbing any ass he can find.
DEAD @ Viscant

All good picks. And that K-Shine 2nd round is unreal. GIVE EM THAT MACHO CAMACHO had me spin back in my seat.

I feel like no punches hit harder than they do in street rap. It's raw, it's gully, it changes your facial expression. Some of my favourite, underrated punches:

Big Ts 1st vs. Deacon Frost - This is actually the first URL battle ever. Great throwback.
Don't let me hear you're cremating her..
I'll go to the crib..
AND LEBRON JAMES THE REMAINS OF HER!

Hitman Holla's 1st vs. Arsonal
If you don't understand my warning, I bet your daughter do.
It's a basic line, and in any other circumstance would be filler, but the way he delivered it was so fucking visceral, and the fact that there was real tension there made it better.

Danny Myers' 2nd vs. Mark Miner
I bring that MAC 'round, I'm dumb hard,
I got a gun so big, when I walk, I can hear this n***a patting down my gun bars

A complete mindfuck of a bar, and thats also what makes it so great.

Aye Verb's 1st vs. Hollow Da Don
These fraud ass battle rap n***as we can't stand that
Heard he be snitchin', so let me find out he pointing fingers, so I'll pull his hand back
Promo van blam'd at
Whole fucking fam whacked
His wifey: duct taped, ceram-wrapped and Amtrak'd

Throughout the entire battle, the dude behind him is stone faced until this line. This battle is Hollow's only loss IMO. Verb one of the nicest ever to do it.

Ill Wills 3rd vs. Lottazay
(Rebuttal) Shit, this motherfucker can't handle me
Well if I'm a mom, then you're a son, and I'm Casey Anthony

This didn't get the reaction I expected.

Money Bagz' 3rd vs. Real Deal
Chop him into pieces, it's looking like Crystal Lake here
Then write a rhyme with your skull in my hand, I'm Shakespeare

Money Bagz is mad underrated.

Bigg K's 2nd vs. Rosenberg Raw
Your bitch top the whole crew, we the toupee clan
She suck dick to pay her fraud mobile 2-way plan
She's got the fucking IQ of a 2 Chainz fan
And I be bussin' through her walls like the Kool Aid Man

Math Hoffa's 1st vs. Dose in their rematch
Haters say you gave me my shine, I'm like enoughs enough
You're about to hear my hardest punchline... like when I fucked you up
C2xkH.png

..and his 2nd round
Dose... get in ya zoooooone if you want to get it in
But if you get close... my knucklebooooones gon' hit your chin

..and his 3rd round
Tear his wig off, I'm chemo'
Low with the tools in your hood, I'm Debo
I'll put a peep hole through you and two of your peoples
You'll die from one round, but they'll still say it's a 3-0

You blew the opportunities that BET lent you
Philly n***as hate you, the B-E-T against you

You ain't got BARS like that
You do the running man, you ain't hard like that
I know y'all like damn.. why he ain't tap his jaw like that?
But Ima be there next battle, so I can bring these bars right back

This is also one of the greatest battles ever, both of them came with it. Math's clowning went into X-Factor

Twitter saying lots of shit bout the gorilla warfare event.

Classics everywhere. Lots of amazing rounds

Looking forward to it, especially the GW editing

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
KOTD: Arsonal vs. Swave Sevah. This is the best Ars I've seen in a LONG time. 2-1 Swave debatable, but this was a fun, enjoyable battle. Swave was talking that shit without personals, damn.

Danny Myers vs. Westcoast Dread. FUCK BOTH OF THESE GUYS WENT IN
THE CRIME SCENE LOOKED LIKE LINCOLN NEVER SIGNED SHIT
FUCK FUCK FUCK

Twitter saying lots of shit bout the gorilla warfare event.

Classics everywhere. Lots of amazing rounds

Looking forward to it, especially the GW editing
I'm so excited for every battle on that card, hearing good things on twitter, etc. too. It's been a while since there's been a card that good.

KOTD: Arsonal vs. Swave Sevah. This is the best Ars I've seen in a LONG time. 2-1 Swave debatable, but this was a fun, enjoyable battle. Swave was talking that shit without personals, damn.

Danny Myers vs. Westcoast Dread. FUCK BOTH OF THESE GUYS WENT IN
THE CRIME SCENE LOOKED LIKE LINCOLN NEVER SIGNED SHIT
FUCK FUCK FUCK

I'm so excited for every battle on that card, hearing good things on twitter, etc. too. It's been a while since there's been a card that good.

I haven't even seen both of these battles but that spoiler line .......

Jeeeeezzzzzz

Also, I think Charlie clips mad overrated but he an entertaining dude.

His blogs and general attitude really fun to watch. His reactions during other peoples hot bars and lines are good to see (disregarding the petty bullshit he pulled against b magic )

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Battle rap thread on Gaf. Imagine that.
Are you into battle rap? Stay a while!

I haven't even seen both of these battles but that spoiler line .......

Jeeeeezzzzzz

Also, I think Charlie clips mad overrated but he an entertaining dude.

His blogs and general attitude really fun to watch. His reactions during other peoples hot bars and lines are good to see (disregarding the petty bullshit he pulled against b magic )
Sometimes I go and watch the blog where he talks about his issues with Smack not paying him sometimes just because dude's mannerisms and how he speaks is too funny.

I don't think he's overrated, but he has been coming sloppy to nearly all of his battles. What makes him that dude is realistically he has been clearly defeating the biggest names in battle rap effortlessly and sloppily. That's a feat.

The aggression in that Danny v. Dread battle. Shit got personal. And the previous rounds' camaraderie disappeared when Dread called out the card. Oof

HahAhaaha

Arsonal a damn fruit

First he actually acts out the noob saibot shit vs Charron

Now I find out he actual does the fuckin lariat during the zangief line

Lmaooo

Actually I'm not even mad

mileS

another Ty Law battle I probably wouldn't have found if it wasn't thanks to this thread.

Excited to watch this. I respect the amount of battles this guy is doing to get his buzz up.

Rewatching some battles

Skelly swagged hard on daylyt. Daylyt had lots of crazy shit too but skelly was balling. 3-0 skelly. This is kinda like the day vs rich dolarz where the loser was still hot but the winner was just so on point.

Suave sevah is such a breath of fresh air for me. Fuck all the intricate bars and schemes, slow it downs and name flips. I want some just simple shit once in a while. Enzo, who else is like this?

Uno lavoz 2nd round vs Bonnie Godiva is the funniest shit I've ever seen. I've never laughed harder at a scheme than his impression of smack rappers.

"Breath in ass.....that's Nash"

Can't wait for all the shit to drop from the events this past month

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Been watching a lot of midwest battles, mostly Verb and Yung Ill and.. there's a rumour going 'round.. tell me is it true my friend.. Ill cracks me the fuck up I swear. This entire segment on Rich's hat just slays me like nothing else.

Updated KOTD card (Shotty can't do the Verb battle any more due to something personal that came up, Caustic taking his spot):

1977122_10152174062446551_339868037_n.jpg

Suave sevah is such a breath of fresh air for me. Fuck all the intricate bars and schemes, slow it downs and name flips. I want some just simple shit once in a while. Enzo, who else is like this?
I can only take Swave in small doses, dude is mad overrated, even when he's on the ball, but he is refreshing. I'm sort of tired of hearing a ton of okayish schemes too. Other battlers I can think of that aren't super associative wordplay/slow it down focused (at least to the degree we get it today):

- Marvwon
- Iron Solomon
- Philly Swain
- Math Hoffa
- Nocando
- Goodz
- Thesaurus (older battles)
- Aye Verb

^ All of those dudes have a "talk to 'em" or straight delivery element to their game I feel, some more than others and in different forms.

Also, plug tomorrow?

Uno lavoz 2nd round vs Bonnie Godiva is the funniest shit I've ever seen. I've never laughed harder at a scheme than his impression of smack rappers.

"Breath in ass.....that's Nash"

Those impressions (the payoff on that Jaws scheme + detergents) had me dying. I need to watch more Uno battles.

Funny dude, but he plays to the crowd too much. Tries to hype up mediocre punchlines and gets pissy when he doesn't get the reaction he thinks he deserves. And you can see him stumble in the third round and try to recover by quieting the audience. Still entertaining.

Favourite 1 liners, name flips, schemes, slogans, references to other battlers/battles, crowd reactions, other shit

^ reminder to myself to come up with some lists when I got free time at work this week

Y'all get in on it too

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF teaser for Ah Di Boom vs. Danny Myers which releases tomorrow. Judged by Mobb Deep and Fred the Godson. I'm gonna be disappointed if Danny loses TBH.

Norbes confirms Ill Will vs. DNA for NOME 4. Norbes and DNA argue over whether Ill Will will cook DNA or not, and who the top 5 freestylers are ATM. I agree with DNA about the freestyling anyways.

Cortez vs. Johnny Storm. Okay this battle is flames. Storm came with it but Cortez went the fuck off in the 2nd and 3rd.
DAT MALAYSIAN FLIGHT LINE

Chilla Jones vs. Blackheart Adonis. I didn't really enjoy this battle, even if it had it's moments.

This is the fucking strangest thing ever.

This is the fucking strangest thing ever.

I don't think I can bear to look into it and find out if there are any Irish politicians in there. The horror, if true, would be too much. I stopped when a German(?) representative was rapping about a stable economy at 13m.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
UFF: Ah Di Boom vs. Danny Myers. Judges: Mobb Deep & Fred the Godson.

Yo, these UFF battles just get better and better. Debatable IMO.

the n***a behind you gonna be staring at me

we flash in both directions like a hazard signal

EDIT: QOTR: Daylyt vs. 40 B.A.R.R.S. is out too! This is the one where he pulled his dick out.
watching now

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
NOME 4 finally has a date: June 7. Full Card:
CHARLIE CLIPS VS TAY ROC ( REMATCH )
GOODZ VS AYE VERB
DNA VS ILL WILL
B MAGIC VS BIG T
CORTEZ VS T REX
MS HUSTLE VS YOUNG GATTAS
JOHN JOHN DA DON VS REED DOLLARZ

Oh shit Cortez vs. T-Rex :O :O :O

UFF: Jay Rell vs. KG the Poet. Judges: Uncle Murda, DJ Kay Slay, Troy Ave & DJ Self. This was crazy too, shame Rell began slipping in the third.. I had finally thought he started getting thorough with the first two rounds.

KOTD: Yung Ill vs. Fresco. Okay battle for a pretty damn good match up. 2-1 either way, I might edge it to Fresco though. I wish Ill was more comedic.

KOTD: Rum Nitty vs. Cali Smoov. Smoov had his moments but Rum Nitty was just too concentrated.

Real deal vs Rosenberg was not as meh as I expected

2-1 real deal.

Rosenburgs 2nd or reals 1st was the most entertaining round
I was sort of disappointed, but I agree. Real's first round was my favourite. Link to the battle.

mileS

Verb choked really bad. just wow. To top it off 90% of his shit was still for Shotty. I know he only had 2 weeks prep but come on.

but yeah his choke was hilarious.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Verb choked really bad. just wow. To top it off 90% of his shit was still for Shotty. I know he only had 2 weeks prep but come on.

but yeah his choke was hilarious.
Verb really doesn't care anymore. He's taking every battle for the quick cheque. And he's going to continue doing so because he keeps taking more battles after saying he's going to retire, over and over.

Goodz is pretty much the last chance he has at proving he can hang. And I feel he's gonna come on some bullshit again because its in NYC and intentionally underprepare because he can just say the crowd was biased at the end of the day. I think Verb at his absolute best can beat Goodz, but this is a bodybag in the making right now in Goodz' favour.

I just saw T-Rex vs. Charlie Clips is a one rounder now in a smaller league. Small leagues have pretty much sucked the competitiveness away from battle rap and battle rap vets. It's sad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Go-Rilla: Hitman Holla vs. Charlie Clips. Damn, this is a close battle, the best I've seen in a while. Both of these guys showed up.

DEAD @ Charlie's Remix. Might be the first Remix I don't like from Holla.

Man.. this is really hard to call. Clips' personals cut deep, but Holla was sort of stylin' on him and was doing crazy, lengthy rebuttals. I don't think Clips (or anyone lol) knew Holla could freestyle.

You know what Yung Ill told me? Nothing, but look at you

Top Bottom