• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

kriskrosbbk

battlefield-1-banner.png

Battlefield 1 hits tomorrow with an early EA/Origin access, here is some information:

When will I be able to play the trial?
On the 13th.
Will there be pre-load of the Trial?
No.
Will I have to download both the full game AND the trial? Are they separate versions?
No. If you download the trial, you'll have the full game when it's released.
How long does the trial last?
When you've downloaded the trial and started playing, you have 10 hours to play it. the 10 hour timer starts when you start playing and stops when you close the game. It's not a continuous 10 hour timer. You could stretch out the 10 hours from the 13th till the game's release if you played a couple of hours here and there (thanks tautauthebice and Raoulle!)
According to Stdzx - you will be able to play the trial even after the game has launched on 21th. You'll also be able to access the stuff that gets unlocked, that is not avaliable during the trial-period.
What MAPS will be in the Trial?
St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez
What MODES will be in the trial?
Conquest, Rush, Operations, and Domination
Can I play the campaign?
You'll be able to play the first two chapters, "Storm of Steel" and "Through Mud and Blood"
Will my progress from the trial be on the full version of the game?
Yes. The progress of the trial will follow to the full game.
Do I need to pre-order the full game in order to play the trial?
No. But you will have to pay for the EA/Origin Access.
Will I be able to play the Trial with Access, even if I already bought the game?
Yes.
What is the size of the game?
As I understand it, the Xbox-version is about 40-45 GB. The PC version is about 50 GB. Not sure about the PS, but it most likely will be about this size as well. Anyone can confirm this?

source: http://bit.ly/2dWuxxy

Also starting on October 12 and running right up through the launch on October 21, we'll be hosting daily livestreams for two hours a day, from 1PM to 3PM PT.

source: https://www.battlefield.com/news/article/road-to-battlefield-stream

Let's use this thread to post any new information,videos and comments till the OT which I believe will go live on 17th ,the day that the reviews for BF1 will be released as well.

I will start with a brand new gameplay ,I believe the first look of Operations mode from the map Amiens : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BcL_XRMRA&hd=1

See you on the battlefield,soldiers!

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
Wanted to add that starting today, bunch of embargoes will start lifting as well. Expect a ton of Battlefield 1 gameplay footage from the final build from today and throughout until reviews hit.

SZips

It never really clicked in my mind that the people that paid a premium for the game ($80 or $130, depending) still have to wait another five days to play when compared to those that pay the $5 for a month of EA/Origin Access.

I'm not complaining, I just find that kind of odd.

I've been fiending for this game since the beta so bad.
Only got a PS4 so no early access for me but I look forward to PC/Xone guys impressions!

novenD

So there's a couple of really interesting things I noticed in that video.
1. At the end of an Operations round, there's a VO explaining some of the possible historical consequences of that battle(match) turning out differently. Kind of cool, though it might get old after a few rounds.
2. On a similar note, the guy playing completes several in-game achievements that unlock entries in a "Codex" with names like "Colonial Troops" and "The Storm of Steel"; It's likely that these provide information on the real historical background of the game, which is neat. DICE did something like that in the loading screens of BF:Vietnam, as I recall.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Wait, I have EA Access, this is splendid.

Will hope to fire this up over the weekend.

bombshell

What MAPS will be in the Trial?
St. Quentin Scar, Amiens, Sinai Desert, Fao Fortress and Suez
What MODES will be in the trial?
Conquest, Rush, Operations, and Domination

So they are starting to also restrict the content in the MP in these EA Access trials or what?

Yoday

So, excuse my stupidity, but if i download the trial there'll be no installation when i pop the disc in on the 21st? TIA... :)
Correct. You are essentially installing the full game that his a content/time limit flag attached to it. When the game officially launches you will get full access as long as you own a digital licence or have a disc inserted. I've done trial to disc with Battlefront, and trial to digital copy with Mirrors Edge. Also, in my experience the trials tend to go live the evening before their advertised date (I'm in PST).

I am so unbelievably excited for this thing to finally hit. Battlefield is my go to MP shooter and I have been wanting them to return to past wars for years.

you can cancel at any time right, with origin access? So 5 bucks to play on PC for 10 hours while I wait for the ps4 version.

Grabbed a 1 month on XBOX for the 10 hour trial to try this out absolutely love the beta so can't wait for this.

Going physical so having the game ready and not having to install on day 1 is priceless.

Welp didn't know someone was making an Early Access thread. Guess I will stick to my original plan of posting the OT on Monday 17th. Instead of finishing it up late today / early tomorrow :p

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm interested to see if they've improved the resolution this year. The videos DICE has been putting out all say at the end "Representative of Xbox One experience." and the cinematic vids which leaked were on XB1 and they all looked much cleaner and sharper than the beta and past BF titles.

-hadouken

I'm interested to see if they've improved the resolution this year. The videos DICE has been putting out all say at the end "Representative of Xbox One experience." and the cinematic vids which leaked were on XB1 and they all looked much cleaner and sharper than the beta and past BF titles.
What I'd really like to know is whether there will be a solid 1080P/60 mode for PS4P.

My EA Access ends the 17th so this is just in time. I have the game pre-ordered so I shouldn't need to download anything I hope.

It never really clicked in my mind that the people that paid a premium for the game ($80 or $130, depending) still have to wait another five days to play when compared to those that pay the $5 for a month of EA/Origin Access.

I'm not complaining, I just find that kind of odd.

The preorder bonuses for this game are so damn confusing. I had to sit there for a good 5 minutes deciding how I wanted to purchase it on Origin.

Decided to purchase standard and get a month of Origin Access. Got 10% off the game, and I get to play the 13th instead of 5 days before release like with the Early Enlister preorder. Then Deluxe gets you 5 days early, and all of the DLC (BF1 premium), even though we dont even know what will be in premium yet or when the first DLC will hit.

Shit is confusing. I feel like the extra $20 for early enlister is totally not worth it. Also this stuff with early access for preordering a more expensive version of the game has to stop. I feel like if you preorder at all, you should get early access IF they are doing an early access period. But really, just release the damn game if its ready.

The preorder bonuses for this game are so damn confusing. I had to sit there for a good 5 minutes deciding how I wanted to purchase it on Origin.

Decided to purchase standard and get a month of Origin Access. Got 10% off the game, and I get to play the 13th instead of 5 days before release like with the Early Enlister preorder. Then Deluxe gets you 5 days early, and all of the DLC (BF1 premium), even though we dont even know what will be in premium yet or when the first DLC will hit.

Shit is confusing. I feel like the extra $20 for early enlister is totally not worth it. Also this stuff with early access for preordering a more expensive version of the game has to stop. I feel like if you preorder at all, you should get early access IF they are doing an early access period. But really, just release the damn game if its ready.
Indeed. Having 3 different release dates and 3 editions is not only confusing, it devalues the product as a whole.

Luckily I didn't have to pay for any if this, but a part of me tells me to simply ignore this game (or any EA game) due to this bullshit.

Correct. You are essentially installing the full game that his a content/time limit flag attached to it. When the game officially launches you will get full access as long as you own a digital licence or have a disc inserted. I've done trial to disc with Battlefront, and trial to digital copy with Mirrors Edge. Also, in my experience the trials tend to go live the evening before their advertised date (I'm in PST).

I am so unbelievably excited for this thing to finally hit. Battlefield is my go to MP shooter and I have been wanting them to return to past wars for years.

Thankyou so much ;) Cannot wait to play...

MLO

My system had some issues running the beta, so I signed up for origin access to test it again before buying the full game. I'm hoping for some better optimization.

Calmine

Have they changed the preload date? Having early access on the 13th but not able to preload till the 14th is bit of a jip.

Lucifon

Nothing on the NZ store so hopefully when it hits midnight in Australia things might kick in. Would love to play it when I get back from work this eve.

Top Bottom