• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Early access,Road to Battlefield 1 streams (BF1 prior release thread)

I only have like an hour left of the trial. :( :(

I don't want it to end so soon, but luckily the game is out on Friday. I'm having stupid amounts of fun with this game. Best Battlefield yet, in my opinion.

Tabby

an added bonus to the BF1 Origin early access is trying out the latest Need for Speed game.. that shit is awful lol

My SSD is reserved for my main games so I can only install it on my HDD, shit doesn't even load fast enough and I'm constantly just falling through the floor and the drifting is terrible.

Man what a disappointment, I was so looking forward to that game after replaying NFS:Carbon.

My SSD is reserved for my main games so I can only install it on my HDD, shit doesn't even load fast enough and I'm constantly just falling through the floor and the drifting is terrible.

Man what a disappointment, I was so looking forward to that game after replaying NFS:Carbon.

after playing it i feel EA would have to pay me just to own it.

sTiTcH AU

Can anyone playing this on Xbox post screens or video clips? I'm curious so see if it will still look good in 720p

The game isn't 720p. Its dynamic and still looks very very good (playing on XB1 S). If you are worried the game looks like BF4 and Hardline on XB1, don't be as this game is a significant improvement.

Here is a montage of clips I have made this week

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/sTiTcH AU/video/22474324

Here is a shot I took on Tuesday from the single player.

Screenshot-Original.png

I need help, I just started the trial and every time I try to do an Operation Map a get kicked out or get sent to same maps! I really want to try the other maps before making any purchasin decision. What modes are people playing!?

I need help, I just started the trial and every time I try to do an Operation Map a get kicked out or get sent to same maps! I really want to try the other maps before making any purchasin decision. What modes are people playing!?

Operations is messed up atm. It's really hit or miss. Hopefully it gets fixed when it releases. Most people just play Conquest. Quickmatch>Conquest.

I played a couple of matches of the beta and for some reason just didn't care for it. Decided I wasn't even going to take a second look.

Fast forward to yesterday and I see all these great impressions, so I decided to pay the $5 to get the 10-hour trial and I'll be damned if this game isn't amazing. I've only played Operations and it has been a lot of fun. Both times I was defending and it's been fairly easy so far, even with the attackers getting three attempts. The attacking team will have to be very coordinated to pull off a win I believe, or the defending team would have to be very inept.

Game runs great for my tastes and looks insanely pretty. Running at 4K on a 6700k@4.4Ghz/1070 slightly overclocked/16GB PC3200, DX12 in-game and all settings on auto (which seems to put everything at ultra). Seems to hover around 50fps from my best guess, I haven't paid much attention because it's been pretty smooth for me.

The sound is fantastic, so much going on and the fidelity of it all sounds great.

Overall, the action is just crazy in Operations since the fights are heavily concentrated at all times. There's never a boring minute.

Compsiox

Banned
I played a couple of matches of the beta and for some reason just didn't care for it. Decided I wasn't even going to take a second look.

Fast forward to yesterday and I see all these great impressions, so I decided to pay the $5 to get the 10-hour trial and I'll be damned if this game isn't amazing. I've only played Operations and it has been a lot of fun. Both times I was defending and it's been fairly easy so far, even with the attackers getting three attempts. The attacking team will have to be very coordinated to pull off a win I believe, or the defending team would have to be very inept.

Game runs great for my tastes and looks insanely pretty. Running at 4K on a 6700k@4.4Ghz/1070 slightly overclocked/16GB PC3200, DX12 in-game and all settings on auto (which seems to put everything at ultra). Seems to hover around 50fps from my best guess, I haven't paid much attention because it's been pretty smooth for me.

The sound is fantastic, so much going on and the fidelity of it all sounds great.

Overall, the action is just crazy in Operations since the fights are heavily concentrated at all times. There's never a boring minute.

Beta map was pretty bad. Probably why.

Limit

Anyone had color glitching problem with amiens map? There are parts of the map where whenever I went the whole screen color changed to either blue or green. And as soon as I exited that part of the map everything came back to normal. All my drivers are up to date and there only one thread I found on official battlefield forum with no solutions to this issue.

Only one of them work, Kaiserschlacht. But still, its iffy getting into a match. There are a lot of times when I just load into a match by myself. I only manage to play it 3x maybe. Alot of fun however.
Is the premium pass worth it?
Can you see yourself playing bf1 throughout out next year? Well regardless, I would recommend waiting till a sale or something. Since the first DLC doesn't even come out till spring.
Will level progress carry over once the trial concludes?
yes.

Can you see yourself playing bf1 throughout out next year? Well regardless, I would recommend waiting till a sale or something. Since the first DLC doesn't even come out till spring.
yes.

Yeah I can see myself playing it a lot - Premium for BF4 meant little to no queue times, is that still a thing for BF1?

zedge

Can anyone playing this on Xbox post screens or video clips? I'm curious so see if it will still look good in 720p
It's not 720p. It has a dynamic resolution. It looks great. Better than battlefront amd a lot better than bf4.

*edit. Already covered. lol

leng jai

Pretty sure DX12 runs worse than 11.

I'm really struggling to figure out what they did to the mondragon rifle. The pinpoint accuracy it had during the beta is gone. Shots that are clearly aimed at enemies do no damage. I used to go 40 kills a match with this thing.

So im confused on when this will release for early enlisters who digitally downloaded the game from the PS Store. I understand there are different timezones regarding countries but I am seeing some ppl who claim to be from the USA posting in the community that there digital download will unlock in 9 hours? Minds says it will unlock in a day and 4 hours.

WillyFive

Empire's Edge is a fantastic map. Reminds me of Battlefield 3's maps, except mixed with Medieval elements, which shows why WW1 was such a great choice.

Tabby

So I just finished the second mission, Friends in High Places, I can see why they chose the mission that they did for the trial, it's not as emotionally charged and it's not as varied or exciting.

It's not as good but damn it's a lot of fun. Those dog fights were fantastic!

I watched the WW1 history videos from like, 2 pages ago, I don't remember there being any air raids or dog fights in London but I do remember there being bombings for the North East, one for my home town actually.

Glassboy

Is there any stat tracking now that battlelog is gone? Also, does your K/D rounding up or down now different from the beta? I think I remember telling me exactly what it was.

So im confused on when this will release for early enlisters who digitally downloaded the game from the PS Store. I understand there are different timezones regarding countries but I am seeing some ppl who claim to be from the USA posting in the community that there digital download will unlock in 9 hours? Minds says it will unlock in a day and 4 hours.

Mine says as yours.

wrongway

Dang, Argonne is waaaay not what I thought it would be based on those screenshots. It's actually a fairly large 5-flag map. Seems pretty decent so far.

Just Got done with a 3 hour Stream of this game with everything on Ultra... holy fuck is it good.

Not just good looking, but it is some of the best Battlefield I've played till now. If DICE can have a flawless launch, knocks on wood, they have something here that people will be playing for a long time.

Running it on:

GTX 970
i5 6600k
16 GB RAM
hovers between 88-120 FPS.

Maps on Display:

St. Quentin Scar: 00:28, 1:12:22
Argonne Forest: 24:24
Sinai Desert: 47:14
Suez: 1:38:16 (Shotgun is Dope)
Monte Grappa: 1:58:48
Amiens: 2:30:35

Here is the Twitch Archive

Will try to stream some Operations tomorrow as well... only have 2 hours left on my trial.

Top Bottom