• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 1 Premium includes 4 themed expansion packs with 16 maps and more

Theorry

You're talking about BF4? On PS4 at least there's still a ton of people playing both the OG maps and the DLC.
In fact I'd argue that it's partly thanks to the season pass that BF4 remained interesting for so long. We got 15+ maps over a year. With games that rely on F2P mechanics the drip of new maps is so much slower. Just look at Siege.

Mappacks are free now every other week. So thats why its probably more busy then normal.

I must admit... as expensive as those premium passes are. Battlefield games have been the only ones that never disappointed me. A lot of new and great content. Actually almost the only "season passes" I buy.

For me the beta will be the point where I decide whether I get the game or game + premium.

Pretty much my Experience with bf premium passes.

Alienous

Of course it will be the same way as always.

I really don't care how amazing the maps are that are coming with it. Countless other games have found a better solution to give players new content and they are still doing this shit. Whatever looking at this thread more then enough people will still buy it.

I don't know that there is a better solution. My experience with Uncharted 4 and Rainbow Six: Siege, games with free DLC maps, has been one of feeling like that game is constantly trying to get its hands into my pockets. The maps are free, but now it's a grind to get all other gameplay DLC. Then, weakening your resolve, they charge outrageous prices for that content. I hate it.

mf.luder

Conflicted here. Loved that they liquidated the DLC for BF4. I feel as if I owe them a little cash for that. On the other hand, I vowed to never buy another season pass after Borderlands 2.

This is garbage. I have BF4 Premium on three platforms and I'm pretty sure there are some maps that I still haven't even played, and that's with all of my Xbox One time coming after the last map pack released. I don't care about the money, I just want to be able to play the maps after the first week or two they're out.

Kolx

You're talking about BF4? On PS4 at least there's still a ton of people playing both the OG maps and the DLC.
In fact I'd argue that it's partly thanks to the season pass that BF4 remained interesting for so long. We got 15+ maps over a year. With games that rely on F2P mechanics the drip of new maps is so much slower. Just look at Siege.

Many of these 15 are now empty most of the time. And even the one populated have something to do with them offering some of the dlc for free.
If they really think this is for the future of the game then how about not selling the season pass at the price of a full game, and take out all the nonsense MT from there? Having the most expensive season pass in the industry while having a MT that doesn't just include cosmetics is just bullshit.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i'll pick it up in about 2 years once everything has released and it goes on sale for cheap. i'm done with these season passes.

Auctopus

I know it's a big price point but the BF4 Season Pass was incredible. Still gonna wait for a sale around CHristmas.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I expected this, even if I'd much prefer free update model to best benefit the player base.
I'm not too concerned about player fragmentation, unlike Battlefront, as Battlefield 1 should be considerably more popular locally and I never had issues finding full servers for Battlefield 4 Premium across all DLC packs.
I only play Conquest, which is the go-to for the PC community, so that might be why.
I just hope the map/pack quality is much, much better than Battlefront, which has been terribly inconsistent.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
This costs £105 on the UK store, are you friggin' high? The base game is already £50, I mean I want it but jesus that's a huge turn off.

This, technically, isn't the same price as BF3 and BF4 premium map packs. Those were $50 for 20 maps (5 expansions x 4 maps), this is $50 for 16 maps (4 expansions x 4 maps).

Sold

Though, I am bit hypocritical, because the ultimate edition will end up costing the same as the normal edition costs in the UK store.

God bless the XB1's region hopping.

This is garbage. I have BF4 Premium on three platforms and I'm pretty sure there are some maps that I still haven't even played, and that's with all of my Xbox One time coming after the last map pack released. I don't care about the money, I just want to be able to play the maps after the first week or two they're out.
I don't understand this post. You can just filter to search for servers with the DLC on them.

I'm in both camps. Battlefield premium has always been an amazing value but there is no denying that map packs split the player base. Of course they semi rectify that by having custom servers. I own bf 4 on PC and ps4 and can usually get into the maps I want. Too bad most of the game modes are dead for the dlc maps though, some of those modes are a super fun distraction from the main attraction of conquest/rush.

Theorry

For the Xbox One users. Just get the normal version and a month EA access. You get BF1 even cheaper then and you can play also earlier same as the Enlister edition. 80 bucks lol.

Shauk

Banned
Is there really no way to make Dice/EA hear the logic behind doing away with including the map access in these passes? I mean bf4/hardline/battlefront all suffered split queues that sometimes had literally zero players resulting me just sitting there as the only one loading in on a map with a big ol "waiting for other players to join" message for eternity. Like why sell maps at all when people are just gonna take their special lil battlepacks and guns and queue up for the same maps as always to play with people who have no desire to participate in dlc practices?

Varth

Just a heads up regarding the perceived value of premium for BF4: the game improved big way over the years even for non premium users. Most of the best things were free, and out of all the map packs Id say only one was *really* worth the price.

So yeah, SUPPORT was good. Premium, not so much.

JBwB

Premium for BF3 and BF4 were amazing so I'll definitely be getting it once the first expansion pack comes out.

Fbh

This is the thing that doesnt make me want to buy the game.

I'm in that middle point where I play frequently enough to eventually grow tired of the core maps , but not enough to pay an extra $50 for them. For that money I'd rather get another shooter instead

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Im fine with this !
Got bf4 complete edition for 10 bucks
Just have to wait a little

Is there really no way to make Dice/EA hear the logic behind doing away with including the map access in these passes? I mean bf4/hardline/battlefront all suffered split queues that sometimes had literally zero players resulting me just sitting there as the only one loading in on a map with a big ol "waiting for other players to join" message for eternity. Like why sell maps at all when people are just gonna take their special lil battlepacks and guns and queue up for the same maps as always to play with people who have no desire to participate in dlc practices?
BF4 didn't and doesn't currently have any issues with populated DLC servers.

Obviously season passes are still working very well for DICE's games, otherwise they wouldn't continue doing it this way. Without this, you would be saying goodbye to split playerbase, and hello to whatever microtransactions would take its place

Was hoping they'd at least change how maps work in this one. Guess I'm waiting till BF1 premium edition hits and drops to 30 for a sale or something. Just not interested in investing in a game just to have its playerbase get fractured unless I invest another games worth of money into it. Its weird that BF now has microtransactions and the 50 dollar premium figured they would choose one or the other.

EndersAres

Neo Member
I will never understand the two weeks earlier being a benefit,how likely is someone to even buy it at all separately? Especially on PC where I plan to buy the base game. I think I will skip this one because the BF3 and BF4 packs were not very good (maps sucked). I bought those upfront with the releases. Also hardly anyone on PC seems to ever put up dedicated dlc servers for long periods of time and the ones that due stay up are always full. The other items like extra weapons and dogtags and battlepacks are completely meaningless for me.

Keasar

Can my friends just get the maps anyway so I can play with them even if they don't get the Season Pass? :(

Season Passes or DLC map packs feels old and doesn't help games nowadays.

Theorry

Obviously season passes are still working very well for DICE's games, otherwise they wouldn't continue doing it this way. Without this, you would be saying goodbye to split playerbase, and hello to whatever microtransactions would take its place

The DLC's are free now for a while. The problem is when the dlc is just released. Its busy for a week but then everybody goes back to vanilla. Because most people dont buy the dlc and so the biggest group of players is still there.

Kikorin

Lol, 50€ is about the price of another game. I don't blame EA for this, about all the big house are doing the same with this premium shit, but is sure I'll never buy one of this.

Shauk

Banned

but they already have microtransations for weapon unlocks, class unlocks, battlepacks, etc... I'm not saying they need to do away with anything except maybe consider figuring out a way to automatically queue people up with the appropriate maps against eachother without having them have to manually look to play on a certain subset.
Just because something is working from a financial perspective doesn't mean there aren't flaws in the execution. No Mans Sky was something like the 2nd best selling PSN game ever or something yet the general consensus seems to be there are some snake oil practices going on with that game's content (or rather, lack of features)

I picked up BF4 premium during a Xmas sake when I got my Xbox One when MCC released.

For 20$ I got incredible value.

I think I'll buy Battlefield, and if I'm still playing when 2 or 3 map packs are out I'll pick up the season pass.

Not a fucking hope I'm spending 130 upfront on one game. Buying a game at launch for 60 is too big of an investment for me. I've too much other things to spend money on.

terrible

Banned
I pretty much always end up just playing the regular maps anyway so I'll be skipping premium this time around. They need to figure out a better way to do this since all it does is split the community.

Tarnpanzer

So let me get this straight:

BF1 Ultimate Edition is 130$ and contains the game, all pre-order bonuses and the season pass containing 4 DLCs?

Let´s look at Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare:

IW Digital Deluxe Edition is 100$ and contains Infinite Warfare + Modern Warfare Remastered, some pre-order bonuses, and the season pass containing 4 DLCs.

--------------

Seems like CoD:IW DDE has way more value than the BF1 UE even at a lower price. Or am I missing something here?

Top Bottom