• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 3 |OT| My Body is Advised

Status
Not open for further replies.

iam220

As a mini-map, I guess it is ok. The transparent white-blue style combined with overly large icons is annoying and makes it less useful than it should be, but it is useful. I also tend to have it enlarged since it's too damn small when playing at 1920x1080 otherwise (wish they would let you scale the HUD elements yourself). So as I said, it does the job as a mini-map but that's not the main problem.

I happen to like the white and blue style, if it was more detailed I think it would be more of a hindrance than anything. I too play at 1080p and find it way too big when enlarged.

The big reason why it's useless is that enlarging it is crap. When I press m I want something more like this:

No argument here. We should be able to access the full (zoomed-in) map when not spawning. Not sure why they decided to exclude that, but for the most part I use the mini-map for situational awareness, and as far as that goes it does its job quite well.

Hanging out with Rapstah in Karkand got me my best score yet, 20000 after all the bonus shit, awww yeah.

jJXkFK9QfXOi2.jpg

Eh.

That chart doesn't do much for me. Most of the guns feel vastly different, and have the same stats on that chart.

It has an average reload speed, recoil comparable to G36 (worse than AKS-74u) but faster than normal recoil recovery, same accuracy as all carbines except SCAR, and the exact same spread numbers as the G36. Very similar to the G36, overall.

I get what you're saying about the weapons feeling different (though I think it's fairly nuanced), and I agree, but I'm just pointing out that there's not much reason for worry over a nerf.

Rapstah

Hanging out with Rapstah in Karkand got me my best score yet, 20000 after all the bonus shit, awww yeah.

jJXkFK9QfXOi2.jpg

I would've been up there with you in the top 3 if I hadn't been going for supression assists... but then I also got like nine in that round, so I'm happy. Three more for the super Support gun you get from the second assignment...

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Are they ever going to change how the sun blinds you all the time, on some parts of Oman you can't see a thing when looking outside.

DMeisterJ

Banned
I would've been up there with you in the top 3 if I hadn't been going for supression assists... but then I also got like nine in that round, so I'm happy. Three more for the super Support gun you get from the second assignment...
I'm going for suppression as well, but for the ribbon, and getting seven in a round is brutal. I got six twice.

Xux

lol@the community complaining about the real sun now.

I like how the ingame stats for the QBB-95 are wrong. 100 5.45 rounds with full-auto only? That's weird 'cause the one I use has 75 rounds (150 with the default extended mags) with all three fire modes and the real life version shoots 5.8 rounds...which are in the game 'cause that's what the Type 88 shoots. I guess they got the encryption algorithm wrong when they tried to read the game files or something.

Oh well, likin' the QBB-95 so far.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Not sure if it's because I've been getting placed with good teams (I play solo, sadly), or if it's the maps, but I'm enjoying the game a lot more now.

mcp

Neo Member
That fucking sun is so fucking frustrating at times.

Battlefield 3 Takes the Fight Back to Ray-Ban

Second Expansion Pack for EA's Award-Winning Shooter Coming March 6th to PlayStation 3, March 13th to Xbox 360 and PC

REDWOOD CITY, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- DICE, an Electronic Arts Inc. studio (NASDAQ:ERTS) today announced that Battlefield 3™: Back to Ray-Ban, the second digital expansion pack for the critically acclaimed Battlefield 3, will be available March 6th for download on the PlayStation®Network and March 13th on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace and the PC. Building on the biggest launch in EA history, Battlefield 3: Back to Ray-Ban is a full-feature digital expansion letting gamers see more of the explosive multiplayer that Joystiq.com called "mesmerizing," and gameplay that has won over 60 industry awards and continues to delight gamers across the globe in what Seth Schiesel of The New York Times declares, "the most visually realistic shooter on the market, which I can now actually see."

Utilizing the power of Frostbite™ 2, the Back to Ray-Ban expansion pack remasters four of the most famous models of sunglasses from the last 20 years. Including the Classic Top Gun Aviator, Kanye Shades, Oakley Blades, as made famous in Black Hawk Down and Morpheus's armless glasses from the Matrix . In addition to these four new items, Battlefield 3: Back to Ray-Ban marks the return of the classic "Able to see what the fuck you are shooting at" mode from Battlefield 1942™, Battlefield Vietnam™, Battlefield 2™, Battlefield 2142™, Battlefield Bad Company™ & Battlefield Bad Company 2™. A twist on the reviled "can't see shit" mode, "Able to see what the fuck you are shooting at" gives both teams a relatively unobstructed view of the game. Battlefield 3: Back to Ray-Ban also features three new sunglass attachments, ten new tint levels, five new sunglass retainer cords and an added layer of persistence where players complete assignments to unlock monocles and earn custom frame colors.

"Free for those that pre-ordered or purchased the Limited Edition of Battlefield 3, Back to Ray-Ban is another way for us to say thanks to our fans and show our continued support for the game," said Patrick Soderlund, Executive Vice President of the EA Games Label. "The launch of Battlefield 3 was only the beginning as we vow to keep the game alive with additional content and gameplay improvements in the months ahead. We're excited to recreate and share some new Battlefield moments that only players with sunglasses can actually see."

Available exclusively for one week on the PlayStation Network, Battlefield 3: Back to Ray-Ban will be available March 6th at no extra charge* or for $14.99. The expansion pack will be available on March 13th for $14.99 on PC at Origin.com or for 1200 MS points on Xbox LIVE Marketplace. Battlefield fans can purchase merchandise online at the all-new DICE store at www.store.dice.se. For the latest news on Battlefield please visit http://www.facebook.com/battlefield, follow us on Twitter® at www.twitter.com/battlefield or sign up for the official Battlefield newsletter at www.battlefield.com.

* For those that pre-ordered or purchased the Limited Edition version of the game

Rapstah

lol@the community complaining about the real sun now.

I like how the ingame stats for the QBB-95 are wrong. 100 5.45 rounds with full-auto only? That's weird 'cause the one I use has 75 rounds (150 with the default extended mags) with all three fire modes and the real life version shoots 5.8 rounds...which are in the game 'cause that's what the Type 88 shoots. I guess they got the encryption algorithm wrong when they tried to read the game files or something.

Oh well, likin' the QBB-95 so far.
It had 100 yesterday. They probably hot-fixed it.

RS4-

Ugh, trying to get the vehicle repair kill :(

The assignments are unlockable in regular BF3 as well or is it a B2K kind of thing?

mcp

Neo Member
For the record I actualy like the way the sun glare looks. Apart from the milisecond after I don't see someone and they kill me.

For me the QBB-95 has 75 rounds without extended mags, and 100 with extended mags. Some people above are reporting 150 round with extended mags. What's with the discrepancy?

demolitio

You know, we got Oakley sunglasses for like 70% off so why aren't these Marines wearing them? I'll try to find whatever reason possible to convince them that the sun glare is way too bad to where it's hard to kill snipers up above you and even dogfighting becomes hard if your opponent is smart and goes toward the sun...Smart move to do that but it shouldn't make me completely blind when pilots have glare visors for a reason.

So all shades and visors have been sold out during this war I guess...lol

You know, we got Oakley sunglasses for like 70% off so why aren't these Marines wearing them? I'll try to find whatever reason possible to convince them that the sun glare is way too bad to where it's hard to kill snipers up above you and even dogfighting becomes hard if your opponent is smart and goes toward the sun...Smart move to do that but it shouldn't make me completely blind when pilots have glare visors for a reason.

Yeah, I have no dog in this fight, but I'd say that's a valid point. Very cool that the sun behaves realistically, but how 'bout a button press to toggle some shades?

Is there anyway to set the browser that battlelog opens up in or is it just your default?

Also has anyone seen the bridges on Wake Island get destroyed?

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist

The sun thing might be intentional for air. It's saved me a few times.

Izayoi

Banned
I've got like 8 Mortar kills now (and countless LMG kills) and I still haven't completed the Let It Rain assignment. What gives?

Zeppelin

I uninstalled the game a couple of weeks back in order to be able to focus on exams (fuck self discipline). Let me feed on your impressions of B2K.

Yeah, that was me in the F35. Someone clipped me, and it sent my jet into the ground upside down. For some reason it didn't explode or anything. I was getting someone to help push me over, when Pennybags kamikaze'd into me lol.

Edit: 14 friends on....none on GAF server.

CjzBv.jpg

(Just saw that you guys switched. Be back in half an hour.)
GAF Chicago USA Server has been populated since 6:30 PM EST! We plan on doing this every night as long as GAFbros show support by helping us seed the server to get it populated for the first half hour or so.

Here is a link to the server's page, click to Join us and Favorite the server, GAFbros:

Advert Courtesy of Scogoth:
WELCOME BACK BF3 PLAYERS!
BACK TO KARKAND!

Time to take a break from Skyrim and join us on Tuesday December Every night for Back to Karkand! We will be hosting all the new maps on our ranked server and encourage all of you to come out. For the BF2 vets this is a trip back to the good ol' days and for newcomers its a time to discover what made the Battlefield series so legendary. Remember to add the GAF tag to your name and get mumble setup!

REMEMBER: Favourite the NeoGAF server and play as often as you can on it! Especially with low player count we need people to help seed the server so contribute to the community and play on the NeoGAF BF3 server!

LINKS

BF3 PC Community thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=442227

How to setup Mumble thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=399065

NeoGAF Server: http://bit.ly/GAFBF3

BF3 Mumble Server IP: chi.eoreality.net:64762
Even if you don't have a mic it helps to listen on mumble!

mcp

Neo Member
Yes, but is that factor replicated in Battlefield 3?

I believe so in that different guns firing the same bullet have different muzzle velocities. From the data tables that got decrypted different bullets have different gravity values. Most are the real world 9.8 but some of the sniper rounds are higher to exagerate the drop. My understanding is the only attributes that influence drop are gravity and muzzle velocity. The silencer decreases velocity so it increases the drop with range. Different guns have different muzzle speeds as well. The only difference between the EBR and the Mod11 and SVD is that its bullet is slightly faster IIRC.

In the real world a sniper rifle would have less bullet drop than an assault rifle for a given range as they tend to have a higher muzzle velocity and fire a heavier bullet which maintains its speed longer. So the ammount of drop will be the same for the time of flight but the sniper bullet has covered a much larger distance in that time.

In the game damage isn't linked to speed + bullet mass it is only linked to distance from the gun with silencers reducing the range to min damage.

Now I could be totally wrong. I'm going off a chart I saw a week or so ago which I can't find anymore...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom