• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought I was the only person noticing this. I'm sure he must have dropped some info before, but lately he's so quiet until something is said by someone else, and then he just chimes in more or less acting like he knew it all along. Either that or he literally just finds out right after other people say something first.

Not really. He jumped in when it seemed safe enough that there was some controversy brewing. Picking and choosing his spots as it were.

no, he broke the news when no one else did. and if he didn't have multiple sources he would be banned for it. which is what happened when he broke thief being 720p.

He's banned at the minute dude, not sure on the length I'm guessing prob temp.

he's banned for another matter, see my above response.

also, somebody correct me if i'm wrong, but he was the one who broke 8GB GDDR5 in PS4. nobody believed him, and then after the Feb event he was redeemed.

Vizzeh

Banned
no, he broke the news when no one else did. and if he didn't have multiple sources he would be banned for it. which is what happened when he broke thief being 720p.

he's banned for another matter, see my above response.
Yeah seen the thread unfold.

I am sure you forget the sarcasm tag, no way you're being serious.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you see the final build of BF4 on both consoles?

I did not. I saw the TGS and Eurogamer builds respectively. I presume they were older builds, but the difference was there. Even if the builds have changed for the better, I think it's a safe bet the PS4 version would still remain superior.

Lol trust me, I'm no insider. I just went to the shows where the builds were shown. Shadows looked softer, and textures seemed better anti-aliased on PS4, or it could have just been the bump in res, not sure. I assumed the PS4 version being better was common knowledge seeing the specs; guess not. I'm no member yet so I couldn't post an impression thread. Still, both were smooth as butter.

Chobel

My prediction...Same res, different "settings"

I don't think so because different settings will make the differences very obvious, however different resolutions are not that obvious especially if someone sits at good distance from TV.
I hate all the teasing. I know EVERYTHING you guys want to know buuuuuut...not telling! I get NDA's and the need for them but it doesn't mean I have to like it.

how much is PS4 version than Xbox One version?

I don't think so because different settings will make the differences very obvious, however different resolutions are not that obvious especially if someone sits at good distance from TV.

how much is PS4 version than Xbox One version?

Sorry everyone I meant to put quotations around that! I meant to portray that I hate when people say that. Sorry for the miscommunication. LOL

I know as much as you guys. Jack squat.

AgentP

Thinks mods influence posters politics. Promoted to QAnon Editor.
Ok guys this is going to be my first time doing this:

I agree with senjutsu sage.

it still feels wrong.

Agreed, upscaling is less noticeable than different images, especially in screenshots.

Skeff

Agreed, upscaling is less noticeable than different images, especially in screenshots.

Also Magazine shots are likely going to be rendered from PC (representative of console) but at ridiculous resolutions like the NBA 2K14 ones.

EDIT: and of course slightly less developer effort is needed

viveks86

While everyone is at it, let me have a go as well. Different settings, different resolutions. The focus on 60 fps might be forcing them to make multiple compromises. Considering all the rumors around development of launch games (tools, esram programming etc), my gut tells me there may be missing effects in addition to resolution disparity.

Skeff

While everyone is at it, let me have a go as well. Different settings, different resolutions. The focus on 60 fps might be forcing them to make multiple compromises. Considering all the rumors around development of launch games (tools, esram programming etc), my gut tells me there may be missing effects in addition to resolution disparity.

I agree that this is possible but only if the XB1 is already at 720p and not maintaining 60fps, I think the developers are happier dropping resolution down from 1080p but once you get to 720p if you go any further you suddenly jump into what is commonly thought of as Sub-HD and that's not a good tag line to have so I could see how effects would then start to be dropped instead of resolution, but if that's the case then...it would be a terrible sign for the XB1 tools.

I agree that this is possible but only if the XB1 is already at 720p and not maintaining 60fps, I think the developers are happier dropping resolution down from 1080p but once you get to 720p if you go any further you suddenly jump into what is commonly thought of as Sub-HD and that's not a good tag line to have so I could see how effects would then start to be dropped instead of resolution, but if that's the case then...it would be a terrible sign for the XB1 tools.

Yeah I mean right now all we have is talk of resolution but we don't know how any of these games are gonna hold up when it comes to fps. Are we gonna have a lot of drops? Cause with the PS3 we still hear about fps issues with games after all these years

Jack_AG

Banned
Yeah I mean right now all we have is talk of resolution but we don't know how any of these games are gonna hold up when it comes to fps. Are we gonna have a lot of drops? Cause with the PS3 we still hear about fps issues with games after all these years
I'm fairly certain DICE has had an earful from the PS360 BF gamers about shit framerate. I am hoping there are no consistent drops.

Ok guys this is going to be my first time doing this:

I agree with senjutsu sage.

it still feels wrong.

See that wasn't so hard! :)

Cheers-to-beers-toasting-animation.gif

Fair warning, agreeing with me on anything, means we agree on everything, and that makes us best buds.

viveks86

Agreed. It's just that BF4 has 60 fps, massive levels, 64 players and dynamic destruction. Assuming they will not go sub HD, the only possibility is to trim down on visual effects. Lesser smoke here, lighter rubble there etc. I sure hope the situation isn't that dire, but it's the worst case scenario.

Ateron

I'm inclined to believe this too. If they were having trouble with the hardware it's only natural that some compromises have to be made. Given the fact that the x1 has less raw power and the tools might not be as mature as they want, nor they have mastered the finer details about the esram (conjecture I know but the recent news point in that direction), something's got to give. I expect lower resolution and a few missing or less pronunced effects. This would probably change, had they more time to optimize everything.

Chobel

I hate all the teasing. I know EVERYTHING you guys want to know buuuuuut...not telling! I get NDA's and the need for them but it doesn't mean I have to like it.
Sorry everyone I meant to put quotations around that! I meant to portray that I hate when people say that. Sorry for the miscommunication. LOL

I know as much as you guys. Jack squat.

I hate it too, and I thought you're teasing too... My bad.

stew

I don't expect big differences when both games will be release, and that will be the surprise.

It's just a feeling, but I think some devs managed to deal with the esram troubles, and others not. Also that the esram troubles has something to do with a recent upgrade.

That's pure speculation based on what I read the last days (like what Mikami said).

Hoje0308

Banned
no event. dice invited him to the studio

If you watch the footage you can see Jack killing players from Digital Foundry and other publications of note. So it definitely was something of a press event. I'm hoping we get a lengthy article from DF on the 29th as well so that we can put all this bickering to rest.

It will just get worse

airjoca

If you watch the footage you can see Jack killing players from Digital Foundry and other publications of note. So it definitely was something of a press event. I'm hoping we get a lengthy article from DF on the 29th as well so that we can put all this bickering to rest.

It will just get worse

I noticed that too. JackFrags and LevelCap were destroying press from all over the world...

"And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage!"

I think what he meant is that you guys will be blown away at the power of PS4 and laugh your ass off at Xbox One.

aravuus

Incredible, the thread was completely quiet for almost six hours?

Unless posts were deleted, of course

e: I mean a thread like this, this has got to be an achievement of some sorts?

Lakitu

st5fu
Did you guys check out the Gamespot Flood Zone gameplay? He said that all versions besides Xbox One would be reviewed on monday including the PS4.

He said the Xbox One version is embargoed until november 12th and that he never got to play Mp on it.

Liamario

Banned
Did you guys check out the Gamespot Flood Zone gameplay? He said that all versions besides Xbox One would be reviewed on monday including the PS4.

He said the Xbox One version is embargoed until november 12th and that he never got to play Mp on it.

Another shot in the dark- maybe MS want to give their games full attention by stopping reviews till later....
Thinking about it more- I can see them using this to spin the fact the game looks inferior.

Jburton

Banned
Another shot in the dark- maybe MS want to give their games full attention by stopping reviews till later....
Thinking about it more- I can see them using this to spin the fact the game looks inferior.

How would that be a source of spin on the reason for an inferior looking version?

Liamario

Banned
How would that be a source of spin on the reason for an inferior looking version?
So as not to compare them. I don't know, I'm just trying to figure out what's going on at MS. Right now, it's a safe bet that the xbone version is noticeably inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom