• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Man

Gemüsepizza;87810331 said:
Update from Jackfrags:

omgdjp1b.png
Holy shit. PS4 MP graphics > Xbone SP graphics. Disaster.

This is a post from me a few days ago.

Wow really great idea there comparing single player to multiplayer.

There's no way the PS4 version comes out on top outside of maybe resolution.

Basically a useless comparison.

Then this -

omgdjp1b.png

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2520.gif

INSANE.

This Xbox launch man... it's certainly going to be memorable. Honestly I'll put my hands up and fully admit that I never thought the power difference between the two would show this much, even at launch.

Blizzje

Would take it someone has sized it up to be 720

That's really too bad, thought it was going to be 900p.
Sorry for the uninformed question, but would pixelcounting still 'work' if these were 720p video's? You wouldn't be able to know if the game runs in 900p or even 1080p if the video's are taken in 720p, right?

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Sorry for the uninformed question, but would pixelcounting still 'work' if these were 720p video's? You wouldn't be able to know if the game runs in 900p or even 1080p if the video's are taken in 720p, right?

You can't pixel count thumbnails...

I think BF4 for PS4 is released everywhere on the 12th.

Edit: This news is crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Crazy.

Time to pre-order the PS4 version on PSN to take advantage of the $10 credit. Is anybody doing the PS3 to PS4 upgrade thing? Seems like a no brainer for $10.

Yep i have done that, just gotta wait for my copy till the 1st and then bumping to the PS4 version.

I did guess/think this would happen but...this place will be a Shit Storm tomorrow..it will be denial..denial everywhere!!!

4b4.gif

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
I'm not a big Battlefield guy, but do the graphics noticeably change that much when going from single player to multi on any platform?

You CANNOT tell what rez those are in from that screenshot, besides it looks like it was captured from an AVGamerMedia device from the Naming tag they are, so I would imagine he captured at 720/60fps (that said not sure now if the latest firmware on that captured at 1080/60 now???)

CREMSteve

What a shitstorm this next gen launch has become. They've probably all been this messy, but with social media, it gets amplified to the nth degree. It's exhausting trying to keep up.

Amused

Uh we have a thread already

Yup, I guess it serves the purpose. That said, there is a difference between "Battlefield 4 PS4 and Xbox One direct feed footage coming on October 29th" and the megaton that is "Battlefield MP on PS4 looks better than SP on Xbone" for a headline.

But like I said, maybe a bit too sensationalistic at this point.

I'll shut up now.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
That is just ridiculous if it's true.

I'm not a big Battlefield guy, but do the graphics noticeably change that much when going from single player to multi on any platform?

Yeah, if I remember correctly the SP for BF3 looked a good margin better.

This makes the EA MS exclusivity deal seem like a quick way to drive sales.

Our version isnt as pretty as our direct competition, however:have the dlc early.

awful news if true

Let's not overreact, the XOne isn't doomed. It's just a bad start. Yes, it is less powerful than the PS4, but all the fuckups right now are due to eSRAM and poor development environment. Things will get better with time (although not catch up with the PS4).

RulkezX

Yup, I guess it serves the purpose. That said, there is a difference between "Battlefield 4 PS4 and Xbox One direct feed footage coming on October 29th" and the megaton that is "Battlefield MP on PS4 looks better than SP on Xbone" for a headline.

But like I said, maybe a bit too sensationalistic at this point.

I'll shut up now.

This very topic was created about JackFrags and this very topic discussed for 16 pages.

Nothing to do with sensationalism.

EGM1966

This is a post from me a few days ago.

Then this -

omgdjp1b.png

wtf-eccbc87e4b5ce2fe28308fd9f2a7baf3-2520.gif

INSANE.

This Xbox launch man... it's certainly going to be memorable. Honestly I'll put my hands up and fully admit that I never thought the power difference between the two would show this much, even at launch.

I'll admit I also called out comparing MP to SP as silly as I was thinking classic "apples to apples" approach - but on the other hand if the goal is to show MP better than SP... well I'll admit I will have been totally wrong footed.

Hard to believe MP is really going to look better than SP but if it does... oh boy...

Tremendous fuck.

What is going on with X1 lately?!?!?!?!?

Less powerful hardware. Less time with final specs. Worse development tools. Harder to program for...

All these will add up to inferior multi-plats. Especially early on when everyone is crunching for launch.

StuBurns

Banned
I wonder if the difference is so big it'll be instantly noticable.
That's the funny thing, between YouTube's shitty 30fps, and YouTube's shitty compression, if the difference is instantly apparent on YouTube, it's going to be colossal in person.

EDIT: As for Xbox being doomed. It pretty much is. The gaming division isn't going to survive a reduction in market share. It's been a money pit, the market is barely worth winning financially for Microsoft, and it's a source of extremely bad PR right now. If XBO does worse than 360 relative to it's peers, Xbox is over.

Let's not overreact, the XOne isn't doomed. It's just a bad start. Yes, it is less powerful than the PS4, but all the fuckups right now are due to eSRAM and poor development environment. Things will get better with time (although not catch up with the PS4).

Maybe this is why Sony wasn't worried about devs focusing on platform parity becoming an issue by putting out a more powerful console.

They have to be looooooooving all this.

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom