• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow... the stage has now been set for tomorrow.

If PS4 MP is actually better looking than X1 SP... bish will need a bigger vault to weld himself into.

Marvel

could never
PS4's MP looks set to be better looking than XB1's SP?

gograbmybelt_zpse1541c97.gif

Come to daddy, you need a spankin' baby.

CSX

Please post the tweet that backs up this post you made.

@jackfrags @preston647 no he is trolling , he just tweeted jack 7 mins before this tweet asking which was better ? So he has no clue :)

Am i misreading twitter here? I just woke up. No coffee

Maybe Dice have been following the last 6 months of exceedingly strong PS4 hype, pre-sales and looking at games like Shadow Fall that are clearly graphical showcases, and want to put out a game that will really compete for sales.

This would mean pushing the graphics as far as possible and taking advantage of the extra horsepower. Not something that always happens, but considering it's one of my launch day pick ups I hope it shines on my 42' LED.

DeltaJay

Banned
So the tweet could have been serious and it could have been a joke?

The way we seem to hang on to every word from these guys and never get a straight answer makes me feel like I'm getting dragged around.

@jackfrags @preston647 no he is trolling , he just tweeted jack 7 mins before this tweet asking which was better ? So he has no clue :)

Ok clearly we need twitter education

- user says he thinks frags means that the ps4 mp is better looking that the x1 sp
- frags says ding ding ding which implies yes

There was no tweet after that regarding this by frags, everything else from thereon is assumption by Nathan who has a total of 5 tweets on his account

You are... that tweet you are talking abut is referring the guy who stated:

"he is surprised that the ps4 multiplayer looks better than the xbone single player"

to which JackFrags responded with:

"DING DING DING DING DING DING DING"

He's *not* saying that JackFrags doesn't know what he is talking about. He's saying the other guy doesn't.

Xevious

Banned
I feel sorry for the kid on xmas who doesn't know any better, but I don't feel sorry for the GAF buyer.

It's all good. I feel sorry for Sony fans believing everything that's being rumored about XB1. Getting manipulated into a buy is nothing to laugh at.

The way we seem to hang on to every word from these guys and never get a straight answer makes me feel like I'm getting dragged around.

Obviously people can always read what they want and take the conclusions they want.

"He's surprised that indian orange is sweeter than south american orange"
"ding ding ding ding ding"

A - He thinks indian orange is sweeter than south american orange
B - He's kidding and isn't saying that south american orange is less sweeter
C - He's implying he hasn't tasted either orange

Portugeezer

Embargo lifts on 29th, he can't say in normal English "yes or no, this or that version looks better".

It's not hard to understand that, is it?

In what way could "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding" be a joke? It's the sound you get on a game show for a correct answer, he is agreeing with that person AFAIC.

Interfectum

Where were you guys when JackFrags DINGed?

For me it was in the morning, I was drinking some green tea. I had just gotten to work and it was a bit cold outside. I fired of GAF and Twitter and then... and then, I saw it. I remember the feeling it brought and I remember being glued too all my news sources after. I don't know if things will ever be the same again.

Rich!

Embargo lifts on 29th, he can't say in normal English "yes or no, this or that version looks better".

It's not hard to understand that, is it?

In what way could "ding ding ding ding ding ding ding" be a joke? It's the sound you get on a game show for a correct answer, he is agreeing with that person AFAIC.

tumblr_mdg71lS3NO1qjn4ad.jpg

For me it was in the morning, I was drinking some green tea. I had just gotten to work and it was a bit cold outside. I fired of GAF and Twitter and then... and then, I saw it. I remember the feeling it brought and I remember being glued too all my news sources after. I don't know if things will ever be the same again.

In the tub drying my feet.

The gaming world tilts on the "DING" from a twitter account. 9/10, well done.

Ephemeris

We'll see how this turns out.

Gamechanger for me if true. Cause I'm getting both consoles and planned to go Xbox for my peeps.

J-P

Neo Member

The Ding heard round the web

If you look at the whole twitter conversation it is highly confusing. Did the squinting dude get dinged or did Jack Frags ding himself. I guess we'll find out tomorrow.

Maybe Dice have been following the last 6 months of exceedingly strong PS4 hype, pre-sales and looking at games like Shadow Fall that are clearly graphical showcases, and want to put out a game that will really compete for sales.

This would mean pushing the graphics as far as possible and taking advantage of the extra horsepower. Not something that always happens, but considering it's one of my launch day pick ups I hope it shines on my 42' LED.

THis.. I bought a New Sony 42" LED for this next gen...I want to be...
gilebosan-lisa-hairdryer.gif

What does he mean looks better? Is it noticeable to the generic eye or is he talons about nuances that only the hardcore would care about?

We shall see tomorrow

AmyS

What is GAF predicting as far as how the PS4 and Xbox One versions look compared with PC settings: low, low-medium, medium or medium-high ?

Raymo

Obviously people can always read what they want and take the conclusions they want.

"He's surprised that indian orange is sweeter than south american orange"
"ding ding ding ding ding"

A - He thinks indian orange is sweeter than south american orange
B - He's kidding and isn't saying that south american orange is less sweeter
C - He's implying he hasn't tasted either orange

This is reaching. "Ding ding ding" is common response to indicate that someone is a "winner" or they have guessed right at something. Unless you are from another culture and don't understand this usage, then I can't understand how are you struggling to parse what it means.

It's pretty straight forward.

Into

The surprise would be if multiplayer footage looked better than single player footage.

Everyone and their mother knows that single player looks better, this is true for both BF and CoD and pretty much every video game ever made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom