• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.
a7nfri.png

Awkward. Bad user name and avatar choice there if that's the case...
j/k

Nm. I googled.

The surprise would be if multiplayer footage looked better than single player footage.

Everyone and their mother knows that single player looks better, this is true for both BF and CoD and pretty much every video game ever made.

Um, that´s what he is saying - PS4 multi looks better than Xbone single player.

is ps4 confirmed to be 1080P?
if so I can believe mp looks better than xbox sp if its at 720p

but... why did dice not try for 900p on the xbone? seems technologically feasible and all the other studios seem to be able to do it...

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act

but... why did dice not try for 900p on the xbone? seems technologically feasible and all the other studios seem to be able to do it...
Is not confirmed at all.
This is more feasible:
PS4 = 900p
Xbone = 720p

This is reaching. "Ding ding ding" is common response to indicate that someone is a "winner" or they have guessed right at something. Unless you are from another culture and don't understand this usage, then I can't understand how are you struggling to parse what it means.

It's pretty straight forward.

Your use of you multiple times has me wondering if you think I actually think what you think?

How do you know Dice did not try for 900p on the Xbox One, its very possible they did but were not able to run at 60fps. Also all other studios are not able to do it, COD and KI say otherwise.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher

Think of it like this;

Battlefield 4 was being developed for launch on two new platforms in addition to multiple other platforms. They promised 60 fps early on and delivering that was key.

They have had to do what they can do reach that point and cutting resolution is one of the most effective and simple ways to boost performance. Same thing on the PC where cutting the game from 1080p to 720p resulted in a massive performance boost on my system (from ~40-45 fps using Ultra settings to a locked 60 fps at 720p). 900p also demonstrates a boost. It's a demanding game.

They're delivering a close approximation of the PC version at 60 fps on two new machines. Are you really surprised things had to be dropped? It's one of the most demanding games being released on PC this year. Whichever resolutions the new systems use for this game you can be sure it was selected in order to meet their 60 fps goal by launch.

Taker34

Banned
Think of it like this;

Battlefield 4 was being developed for launch on two new platforms in addition to multiple other platforms. They promised 60 fps early on and delivering that was key.

They have had to do what they can do reach that point and cutting resolution is one of the most effective and simple ways to boost performance. Same thing on the PC where cutting the game from 1080p to 720p resulted in a massive performance boost on my system (from ~40-45 fps using Ultra settings to a locked 60 fps at 720p). 900p also demonstrates a boost. It's a demanding game.

They're delivering a close approximation of the PC version at 60 fps on two new machines. Are you really surprised things had to be dropped? It's one of the most demanding games being released on PC this year. Whichever resolutions the new systems use for this game you can be sure it was selected in order to meet their 60 fps goal by launch.

Well, they should have used the infinite power of the cloud. They could target 4k 60 fps... but lazy devs, as always.

So when does the embargo lift for BF4 reviews - isn't the game out tonight at midnight?

Have we heard whether we'll be getting next gen console version reviews alongside PC/ current gen?

FuturusX

The bigger issue here is the persistent perception that the X1 is significantly less powerful than the PS4 amongst the enthusiast gaming community.

So much so that idea that BF4 MP on PS4 trumps SP on X1 is taken as very plausible. Such a claim would ordinarily be laughed off. But not today.

That's a PR problem and half for sure.

apparently i picked the wrong side this time :(

You can change your username:

TOS said:
I. Membership and Admissions

A. NeoGAF operates under a closed membership policy. Membership is granted or refused based solely on the judgment of the administration and is not a right. Membership can be revoked at any time for any reason. Each accepted member is granted one, and only one, username. If you are caught using multiple usernames, you will be subject to immediate and permanent banning of all accounts involved. If you wish to change your username, simply notify a staff member via Private Message (though bear in mind that frequent changes will be frowned upon).

rjinaz

actually not bad for 720P

anyway if this is true( SP X-one < MP PS4 ) then i will really cancel my pre-order because i am a BF guy .

So you were lying when you said you cancelled your pre-order last time, even when you showed the cancelled order image. Even if you cancelled one but still have another, just to prove a point I guess, a lie by omission is still a lie. Not cool man.

Raide

The bigger issue here is the persistent perception that the X1 is significantly less powerful than the PS4 amongst the enthusiast gaming community.

So much so that idea that BF4 MP on PS4 trumps SP on X1 is taken as very plausible. Such a claim would ordinarily be laughed off. But not today.

Who really cares that much about the SP? I cannot wait to see MP footage for both consoles and see if there is as much of a gap as people are making out.

Into

Ask them to change it to "Exbox one"

But in all honesty, you shouldnt worry, we have known for months that its less capable than the PS4. Does not mean you cannot enjoy your Xbox, i enjoyed my PS2 just fine despite GC and Xbox existing, i owned and still own all 3 and still bought PS2 versions.

Ashes

Banned

No it's still laughable. But it is worrying how we are seeing another ps4 multiplayer game footage. Multiplayer was the xb live gold's trump card.
Separately, I wonder if third parties are now going to recieve a piece of the psn pie.

Bailers

I still think we're all getting trolled.

There is no wrong side. Both X1 and PS4 are going to look great, especially compared to the current gen version that we'll all be playing for the next few weeks.

If there's one thing I took away from last night's Mortgasm thread, it's that we should all take a deep breath and hold our expectations down for a while.

If they are the same game, I dont understand the difference.

Unless we are speaking of the game's resolution in comparison to each other.

What are you even talking about?

Single player almost always looks better than multiplayer.

Multiplayer of PS4 looks better than single player of X1 (apparently).

In others words, the worst part of the BF4 for PS4 looks better than the best part of BF4 for X1.

What are you even talking about?

Single player almost always looks better than multiplayer.

Multiplayer of PS4 looks better than single player of X1 (apparently).

In others words, the worst part of the BF4 for PS4 looks better than the best part of BF4 for X1.

So, 1080p for PS4 compared to 900p for X1. Something to that effect.

FuturusX

If...and I say if PS4 MP BF4 looks better than SP on X1..then the sacrifices made were not only resolution but overall effects and assets. Which I find very implausible. I'd put this one in the category of false.

Things will get better for it. I'm sure it'll still be fun. Don't take it too hard.
i hope so

So you were lying when you said you cancelled your pre-order last time, even when you showed the cancelled order image. Even if you cancelled one but still have another, just to prove a point I guess, a lie by omission is still a lie. Not cool man.

sorry but i really wanted to say that to albert

Wait, you're genuine? Most of your posts are negative towards the Xbox one though.

see my first posts ,, because of all the late news i tuned into this

Whichever side has the games you want, the policies that you support - that's the right one for you.

that would be the one but i do really care about the multiplatforms which apparently look better on the Ps4 ,, its like the ps4 is the right console for me but doesnt have the right

games for me :(

HE'S OUT OF HIS BUNKER!

I'm going to stick with my XB1 pre order. Call me stupid, call me crazy, but I want Dead Rising 3 so bad.

You aren't crazy. You are buying a console to play a game you want.

I do the same thing every cycle with Nintendo. Mario/Zelda/Metroid/Smash Bros./Mario Kart have me by the balls.

Bailers

How could that be interpreted as trolling?

I've been subscribed to JackFrags' YouTube channel for quite a while (I'm a BF fan), before all this controversy came about. He's a straight shooter in my opinion. I doubt he's trolling.

I like JF too. But I'm just trying to be somewhat skeptical until we actually see the video.

Straight shooter or not, he's probably a bit tired of all the tweets and emails I'm sure he's getting to explain last week's tweet.

Either way, can't wait till tomorrow to see the rest of his vids. After watching his playthrough of Flood zone, it's about the only thing that will keep me going until I can get home from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom