• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyS

Well if the Ps4 mp looks better than sp on X1. There's going to be a huge difference.

I'm getting a PS4 hopefully before the end of the year. No plans to get X1 anytime soon.

With that said, I'm trying to keep my expectations of PS4 BF4 in check and not sky high.

But if it's really true that PS4 MP looks better than X1 SP then the diff. could be pretty big.
I'm skeptical that it'll be truly huge though.

What really matters is a 25% cheaper console is giving you a better version all around and that includes a possible broken OS in XB1.

That is freaking huge huge huge. Majority of people buy Multiplatform games. And a system with 25% cheaper will have advantage is every single one of them. Bigger visual difference than ps3/360 and MP broken.

This is a major value proposition for PS4 out of the gate, as you point out. However, I don't expect the gulf to continue to be so huge in multiplatform games as the kinks in using the ESRAM get worked out over time.

That being said, it's likely that PS4 will always have the better versions of 3rd party multiplatform titles considering the raw performance difference and the overall simpler/better system architecture.

omgdjp1b.png

jurassic-park-o7uogu.gif

Wow... can't wait for tomorrow to see if this is true.

Pop

I'm getting a PS4 hopefully before the end of the year. No plans to get X1 anytime soon.

With that said, I'm trying to keep my expectations of PS4 BF4 in check and not sky high.

But if it's really true that PS4 MP looks better than X1 SP then the diff. could be pretty big.
I'm skeptical that it'll be truly huge though.

Thank about it, if Mp on Ps4 looks better than Sp on X1 that's already a huge deal.

Multiplayer PS4 SKU looking better in terms of graphical features than XB1 single player, while running at a 50% higher resolution, would be pretty surprising I guess. If that ends up being the case, It will be interesting how the single player for both compares visually.

viveks86

Multiplayer PS4 SKU looking better in terms of graphical features than XB1 single player, while running at a 50% higher resolution, would be pretty surprising I guess. If that ends up being the case, It will be interesting how the single player for both compares visually.

Yeah I find that hard to believe. That isn't a 50% difference. It's far more! If true, I'm pretty sure preorders will get cancelled (for real).

EDIT: Oops. Sorry for the double post.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Get the original tweet, read it again, with the replies. He was trolling.

Don't hope so much if it is. It could be, but he was pretty much trolling with the reply.

The guy who has the footage was not trolling, nor did he indicate that he was joking. I'm not sure why this is hard to understand. :p

So I might have missed this, but is the purpose of comparing SP to MP in order to make the XB1 version look better (in that people will take the video at face value and see that they're similar with the edge to PS4) or worse (in that they're assuming the fact that multiplayer always looks worse than single player and PS4 MP > XB1 SP will spread like wildfire)?

Or is it neither and they only had access to those specific modes on those specific consoles?

viveks86

So I might have missed this, but is the purpose of comparing SP to MP in order to make the XB1 version look better (in that people will take the video at face value and see that they're similar with the edge to PS4) or worse (in that they're assuming the fact that multiplayer always looks worse than single player and PS4 MP > XB1 SP will spread like wildfire)?

Or is it neither and they only had access to those specific modes on those specific consoles?

Could be any of the above. Regardless, what matters is that he said the comparison is 'surprising'. Guess what that could mean.

beast786

This is a major value proposition for PS4 out of the gate, as you point out. However, I don't expect the gulf to continue to be so huge in multiplatform games as the kinks in using the ESRAM get worked out over time.

That being said, it's likely that PS4 will always have the better versions of 3rd party multiplatform titles considering the raw performance difference and the overall simpler/better system architecture.

I expect PS4 tools to improve also. PS3 development tools drastically improved from launch to now.

I can see this gap get even bigger when the games are developed ground up on next gen system.

nib95

Banned
As I said in the other thread, I'd be shocked if PS4 multiplayer is better looking than Xbox One single player. BF games always have considerably better looking SP campaigns, as they are highly linear and scripted compared to the more open ended, massive sandbox like nature of the multiplayer.

Ashes

Banned
He should offer the direct feed to gamersyde or allow us to download it. I'd give him a click just for that. KZ multi player direct feed for instance looked insane.

If I was a youtuber who had the potential to get bunch more views than normal by adding fuel to the console war fire with a simple tweet...I'd do it.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
E5lPW0i.png

There you go.

Like I said. judging from the shitload of rumors we got in the past few days, It COULD be true. Just dont hope too much of it.

No, zjonesyy said he hopes Jack is trolling. Jack has not even responded so we can't assume he was bullshitting.

viveks86

No, zjonesyy said he hopes Jack is trolling. Jack has not even responded so we can't assume he was bullshitting.

Or he could have been referring to a different tweet when he said "he is trolling":

Hicham Saoud Silva ‏@ChanPetrelli 2h
@zjonesyy @jackfrags @preston647 You did misunderstand.Battlefield 4 looks better on Xbox One, so close to PC on ultra settings.Insider info

Nathan Jones ‏@zjonesyy 2h
@ChanPetrelli trolololol
Hide conversation Reply Retweet Favorite More
7:55 AM - 28 Oct 13 · Details

Is this Nathan dude referring to himself by 'he'? It's the only thing that makes sense. This confuses me. But Jack seems to signal very clearly that ps4 mp is indeed better looking than x1 sp.

edit: lol no, he must be referring to someone else not in this conversation. Either way, doesn't matter.

viveks86

Is this Nathan dude referring to himself by 'he'? It's the only thing that makes sense. This confuses me. But Jack seems to signal very clearly that ps4 mp is indeed better looking than x1 sp.

Check my post above. I think Nathan was referring to Hicham as "he". Don't know why that tweet is linked to the other twitter conversation. As you said the "he" breaks all meaningful interpretations.

I expect PS4 tools to improve also. PS3 development tools drastically improved from launch to now.

I can see this gap get even bigger when the games are developed ground up on next gen system.

Are you confirming that PS4 will be going OVER 1080p later this gen?!
That sounds intriguing, I may need to subscribe.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
As I said in the other thread, I'd be shocked if PS4 multiplayer is better looking than Xbox One single player. BF games always have considerably better looking SP campaigns, as they are highly linear and scripted compared to the more open ended, massive sandbox like nature of the multiplayer.

I assume if he thinks it 'looks better' it's because the render quality is better (res or textures or effects or whatever). The contexts are different, asset quality might even be different between SP and MP, but you'd still be able to see if IQ or effect quality was different. I'd guess if he's talking about an MP version looking better that's the type of stuff he means.

Shouldn't be so surprising if one is 720p and the other 900p the extra pixels alone makes multiplayer better then an 720p singleplayer.

Uugh i really hope 720p is only because of launch titles..

UNCMark

Banned
If PS4 multi looks better than Xbox One single, wouldn't that explain why he's doing this comparison? Why bother comparing multi-to-multi or single-to-single if multi is better than single. That would just be...lol. No words.

Mahonay

Banned
As someone who's more interested in the SP experience do yall think Killzone PS4 or BF4 would be better for me?
Absolutely. The BF3 campaign was really boring, my expectations for the BF4 campaign are pretty low. I'll probably play through it, but solely because it's a new game on a new console.

I'm a huge Battlefield fan, but I certainly don't but them for the single player experience. Go with Killzone.

IN&OUT

Banned
It is IMPOSSIBLE for MP to look better SP, even PC MP won't look close to PS4/X1 SP.

I find it really stupid to compare MP vs SP.

Pop

E5lPW0i.png

There you go.

Like I said. judging from the shitload of rumors we got in the past few days, It COULD be true. Just dont hope too much of it.

No the original tweet had another guy comment and say X1 version looks better. That guy at the end was referring to him not Jack.

beast786

Are you confirming that PS4 will be going OVER 1080p later this gen?!
That sounds intriguing, I may need to subscribe.

Because resolution is the only possible way graphics can be enhanced.

Yea, that must be what I was saying.

Also, everything point to PS4 BF4 to be at 900p.

Check my post above. I think Nathan was referring to Hicham as "he". Don't know why that tweet is linked to the other twitter conversation. As you said the "he" breaks all meaningful interpretations.

That makes sense. If "he" was Jack then why would Nathan be replying to him in that tweet?

beast786

If PS4 multi looks better than Xbox One single, wouldn't that explain why he's doing this comparison? Why bother comparing multi-to-multi or single-to-single if multi is better than single. That would just be...lol. No words.

Or BF4 MP is broken in one of the other console to be able to compare head to head

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom