• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 PS4/XB1 footage on 10/29 [Up3: Comparisons coming in at midnight EDT]

Status
Not open for further replies.

There is always that possibility I guess but I meant it more from a technical standpoint. Im not very savvy in that department but my understanding is that the PS4 matches or exceeds anything that the XB1 has so what real technical reasons would have to point to if the ps4 version isn't up to snuff.

Portugeezer

I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.
Birdman-rubbing-hands.gif

Tsundere

Banned
Direct feed better actually be direct feed. Then the pixel counting can commence! =p

1080p capture is one thing, whether it's upscaled or not is another.

Mr.Speedy

Banned
You took it that way because it's what you hope will happen not based on any reality. That tweet is too vague to even go in that direction.

fixed.

This is what happens when you already invested $500 on a system that's not even out yet. You are forced to cheer lead in hopes of avoiding buyers remorse.

The tweet wasn't too vague to suggest an X1 advantage. He said there is a clear difference between the two version and he said we will be surprised when we see footage. If everyone expects the ps4 version to be superior than it would be quite a surprise if the X1 version pulls out on top. Will that happen, no probably not but the tweet wasn't vague.

geordiemp

So how can he play on a retail xbox one when polygon say they cannot review any xbox one games at all ?????

Suspicious its an xbox ONE dev kit again....or "equivalent specs" ?

Better graphics.
Cheaper.
These are usually mutually exclusive. But not in the case of the Xbox 360.
Edit: If video games graphics are your primary concern, and you're not into blu ray, then its not surprising tbh.

This could have been a post in 2006. GAF (if you generalize) is definitely biased. But it's not towards a specific company.

Jack_AG

Banned
He did say we'd be surprised when we see the difference. It wouldn't be very surprising if it's exactly what everyone expects.
Unless the surprise is a greater difference in visual fidelity than what is expected, going from specs alone. I'm not holding my breath tho.

1080p ps4, 720p Xbox one. Ps4 still looks better and performs better, calling it now.

But SP vs MP is not a comparison, this will be what dice want/allowed to show for sure.

Josh378

The real question is: Would PS4 gamers boycott EA if they Gimped the PS4 version vs the xbox one version? If the PS4 version is the weaker version, then I will just skip battlefield on console completely and go all PC.

He said in the CoD thread that he didn't know about BF4.

*Didn't know about the XBone version. He did say in his latest comments that he heard the PS4 version is 1080p.

The real question is: Would PS4 gamers boycott EA if they Gimped the PS4 version vs the xbox one version? If the PS4 version is the weaker version, then I will just skip battlefield on console completely and go all PC.

There are no ifs here, its just impossible.

jaaz

I love the mental masturbation here. But it's simply logic, assuming the following statements are indeed true:

Statement: It is no surprise that the SP of a game will look better than its MP
Statement: Jaks is showing a video of Xbone SP vs. PS4 MP
Statement: Jaks has said one version is clearly better looking than the other
Statement: Jaks said you would be surprised at the outcome of Xbone vs. PS4

Conclusion:

If all these statements are in fact true, then the only logical conclusion is that the PS4 MP looks better than the Xbone SP, that is, the only possible "surprise" assuming all those facts are true.

The only thing that could change this is if Statement #1 doesn't happen to be true in BF4. For example, if the SP and MP in BF4 are identical. In which case, the surprise could be either Xbone SP looking better or PS4 MP looking better, although I think most would agree that the Xbone SP looking better would be a bigger surprise in that scenario. Megaton actually.

Bailers

I wouldn't boycott, but I'd be pissed if they gimped either version just to give parity.

And finally I think you guys will be very surprised when you see Xbox One vs PS4 footage!

Great! Everyone on the internet now knows how to put a twist on their tweet just to keep the console warriors on their feet and keep them guessing...

Was it ever confirmed by anyone before that PS4 version looks better than XB1 at various shows?

I think that "surprised" comment was to simply throw a wrench into the mix so we don't jump to the conclusion that PS4 is what he's talking about. he might just be making a general statement about how good both versions look because it's on new tech.

Killzone: SF Singleplayer: 1080p 30fps
Killzone: SF Multiplayer: 1080p 60fps
Therefore, games in MP mode should look twice as good (60/30=2)

Therefore the PS4 MP footage needs to look TWICE as good as the XB1 SP footage in order for PS4 to show it has the better-looking port. If the margin is smaller than that, XB1 wins.

Please tell me this is a joke post. SP always look better than MP.

Originally Posted by Jack Frags on Reddit

Jack Frags: I can't talk specifics until the 29th but I can say that one of the next gen console versions definitely looks better than the other.

Ok guys if anyone is expecting anything other than PS4 > Xbone visuals, then you are being really naive. I would hope that by now we'd have realistic and grounded expectations of what the visuals on both consoles will be like, given all the information we've had so far.

As far as PS4 MP looking better than xbone SP goes, that would be absurd. I honestly can't believe that this would even be a possibility.

tkalamba

He's only saying that so all of the XBone fans don't just tune out.

By him being very ambiguous about it, he has gotten exactly what he wanted and that's for you all to still be interested...even though the outcome is going to be exactly as expected.

It worked perfectly, seeing as here you are, with HOPE.

Hope is a powerful thing indeed.

I'm here with Hope? If I cared which version looked better, I'd just buy it for my PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom