• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC remakes four BF3 maps

Sorry if old
The Second Assault DLC, which was announced at Microsoft's E3 2013 press conference, will feature four "fan-favourite" Battlefield 3 maps redesigned for Battlefield 4's Frostbite 3 engine. DICE also says the quartet of maps will be "enhanced to include new multiplayer features from Battlefield 4."

No more specifics about the content were revealed. In a Reddit thread, Battlefield 4 gameplay designer Alan Kertz said "[Operation] Metro and Caspian [Border] are runaway favorites" in popularity.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/battlefield-4-second-assault-dlc-remakes-four-bf3-maps-6410747

@Demize99
POhHI0I.png

MkTs74G.png

Why? BF3 isn't even that old.. If i want to play those maps I'll play BF3.

If your going to remake maps take some from BFBC1 or BFBC2..

Sojgat

So probably Noshahr Canals, Operation Metro, Caspian Border, and Operation Firestorm.

Like I haven't played enough of that shit...

So they'll look the same, more or less.

First thing that I thought too. BF4 is hardly a huge departure from BF3 visually . BF3 to BF3 made sense but BF3 to BF4 is only a slight upgrade

They will add all the new MP gameplay changes sure, but I hope they add like more buildings that we can level in Metro and blast through more walls into other rooms or make the tower on Caspian totally destructible.

Symthic

Banned
Everyone complaining about new content is being rather blind... this is a DLC. It's Back to Karkand.

The vanilla game will have new maps and content aplenty. Stop complaining.

Loved Damavand Peak; hope it comes back!

Damavand is terrible for anything other than rush, it had some nice novelty with the base jump but the map was so damn broken

I like the idea of bringing back Caspian Border, it's the only Vanilla map I like and to me it's one of the best BF maps around. Conquest works so damn well on it

Why not bring back some BC2 maps?

This, Arica Harbor please

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Everyone complaining about new content is being rather blind... this is a DLC. It's Back to Karkand.

Stop having a different opinion guys!

So it's DLC, great I won't have to play it but it will still end up splitting the user base for me because it will be a map pack that I won't own. I just don't understand the rationale if these rumors are true. As others have said might be a different story if they were older maps but the rumor is they are not.

Xater

Why blind? Instead they could have focused on just creating DLC with actual new content. Back to Karakand at least made sense because there was a huge gab between those games. Now people who want actual new maps will have to wait longer.

Damavand is terrible for anything other than rush, it had some nice novelty with the base jump but the map was so damn broken

I like the idea of bringing back Caspian Border, it's the only Vanilla map I like and to me it's one of the best BF maps around. Conquest works so damn well on it

TDM is great on Damavand and SDM is HEEEE-LAR-I-OUS

BlackJace

Do you really think the maps will differ much in BF4? Like, really?

B2K had maps from BF2, that was like 7 years before BF3 and were totally redone with a new engine and destruction.

Now it's 2 years later and BF4 really still just look like a big expansion from BF3.

So no, it's not the same. It feel unnecessary and really cheap (and BF3 vanilla maps aren't that good) so add caution to all.

VariantX

Ugh metro only works for rush but people insist on playing it on conquest to grind ranks and unlocks. Its a popular map for all the wrong reasons.

Top Bottom