• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC remakes four BF3 maps

Thread is really killing my buzz for Battlefield 3 PS+ game of the month in July. Played a bunch of BC2 last year and I'm ready for more shoot bang.
I wish you could get them for free if you own BF3 or something. I have nothing against bringing back beloved maps, but I wouldn't pay for them.
Wasn't this the kind of thing EA's Gun Club was supposed to be for anyway...?

BibiMaghoo

Is it hard for people to understand that this is to BF4 what B2K was to BF3?

You lot will argue about anything Christ's sake

As has been said in this very thread. This comparison is silly.

There were several BF games between BF2 and BTK in BF3.
There are no games between BF3 and BF4.

Having a gap means maps are brought back.
Having no gap means maps are reused.

Mayyhem

Fuck that, better be free or something. I want to pay for new maps when it comes to DLC, not ones I got bored of in BF3

Why choose the game with the worst maps?
They were so bad, they caused me to quit Battlefield, the fact that they are resorting to bringing back seems like a bad sign...

They are not choosing anything. There is a poll that the fans are deciding which maps. People seem to think dice is picking the maps themselves which is wrong.

DTKT

They are not choosing anything. There is a poll that the fans are deciding which maps. People seem to think dice is picking the maps themselves which is wrong.

This is one case where I wouldn't mind DICE not listening to the fanbase. There is just no argument, Metro is not a "real" map. It's not a map based around gameplay, it's based on the sole idea of creating the perfect scenario for farming points. It's a bit like those _achievements_cheat maps from TF2.

eroots

If that's true, that sucks... If i want to play BF3 maps I will play BF3.. cuz I already own it. Why would I want to play again for it...

Kanyon

The 64 Player Metro Slaughterfest has to go on... :-D

Oh boy, I did some of my best levelling up on that slaughterfest... Being on the recieving end of spawn camping wasn't too much fun though.

Why not bring back some BC2 maps?

I think I said this in another thread but I would be so down for some Bad Company 2 maps, come on DICE! But if DICE are listening to the fanbase, I have to admit I am big fan of Ziba Tower and Scrapmetal... Even though it is a bit COD-like sometimes it's good to jaunt around the smaller maps. Larger maps I'm partial to Caspian, Alborz and Operation Firestorm.

Did anyone see the second assault tease during that gamescom trailer? They actually showed clips of the maps included and I think one of them was caspian border

They quickly showed the name of the dlc (second assault) and showed multiple 1 second clips of maps

Hopefully someone recorded the stream and can get screen grabs

SiRatul

What I could make out was Metro, Firestorm and Caspian. Not too sure about the second one shown. Could be Oman or Sharqi.

Edit: Here are the screens.
BBNlcSW.png

u9sZatI.png

S5QJCTA.png

LjWmslM.png

aD9iYh7.png

I can't say I was a fan of BF3's map design philosophy to begin with.

Very little of it seemed like actual design from a balance perspective. It just seemed like they were creating maps based off a checklist in regards to player size and locale.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
I just realized, this doesn't include Damavand Peak, and how disappointed that makes me. I'm going to miss driving the other team's stolen humvee off of that cliff.

edit:

I mean, DAT CLIFF

DAMAVANDPEAK_SC2.jpg

Top Bottom