• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC remakes four BF3 maps

BibiMaghoo

it's like 30 seconds from C to B running off a cliff twice. that's about it...

Read what you quoted, then explain to me how what you posted has anything to do with it.

Cliff on Caspian Border?

I assume he means between flag A and B. The cliffy mountain thing just after the first flag from the attacking side if playing rush. It's like a big rock more than a cliff. But it has a higher tier towards the next flag on.

Ha, so much exageration about caspian. It takes about 30 seconds to run from home to either A or D,and maybe 15 from D to B. The distance is shit in rush, but rush is shit in bf3. My issue with caspian is that the map is huge around the perimeter of A and D, but there is no reason to be there so it is just a waste. If 2 more capture zones had been set up in the wings then the map would be fantastic. Of course this demands a higher player count (bf4).

Metro is garbage though, as is firestorm (to a lesser degree). I will happily never play metro ever again and, like nuketown, my hate for the map makes me feel so disconnected from the community.

I am hoping that the design philosophy responsible for the bf3 maps is largely ignored, but news like this does not give me hope.

HigXx

The maps will probably be:

Operation Metro
Caspian Border
Damavand Peak
Grand Bazaar

I don't really care what maps come. As long as it isn't Tehran Highway, what a horrible map.

DTKT

Ugh metro only works for rush but people insist on playing it on conquest to grind ranks and unlocks. Its a popular map for all the wrong reasons.

Ding ding.

It's not a good map. It's a terrible map that is designed around maximizing your points. It's a cheap map.

chiablo

If EA really wants to knock it out of the park with this:

They'll give consoles a 64-player limit, and increase the PC version to 128.

I don't understand the appeal of Metro.

Its pretty lame honestly.

Just a giant linear massacre with no room to flank or maneuver. It is like those awful Close Combat maps.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Yes, but even smaller though. lol

Just a giant linear massacre with no room to flank or maneuver. It is like those awful Close Combat maps.
This is what happens when you need to rank up every single thing in order to play on a level footing.

Well, I suppose the alternative is to pay for the unlock packs.

patapuf

Unless you play with too many players the close quarter maps had plenty of room to flank. They are among the best CQ combat maps DICE has ever designed.

demolitio

It'd be nice if they focused on the ACTUAL CLASSICS then. Metro isn't even a classic from BF3 for actual BF gameplay yet people liked it because it required no thinking, no skill, and no running around even thanks to it being just one big chokepoint that makes the rest of the map pointless. People just run into the tunnels and camp it while getting easy kills and somehow it's a good map? There was nowhere to go that didn't have 10 guys watching a door and considering there's only a few ways through the tunnel, that meant all of them were death-warrants without huge numbers which didn't happen often with pubs since most of them just wanted to do the exact same thing and camp their side to farm kills.

Any long-time BF fan would choose 1029394 other maps over Metro. Caspian Border was good and all, but it was good for BF3's standards and wouldn't stand out in BF2.

Cliff on Caspian Border?

ok, so it's B to C, not C to B

gbGUqMV.jpg

Read what you quoted, then explain to me how what you posted has anything to do with it.

i was agreeing with you and posting the only 30 second scenario i could think of... just run right off the edge from C to B, no other 'point to point' would be that fast on foot.

remember, you quoted this:

It literally takes like 30 seconds to run from point to point on Caspian.

so i was coming up with the only scenario where that was actually viable, which means the others are all longer...

It'd be nice if they focused on the ACTUAL CLASSICS then. Metro isn't even a classic from BF3 for actual BF gameplay yet people liked it because it required no thinking, no skill, and no running around even thanks to it being just one big chokepoint that makes the rest of the map pointless. People just run into the tunnels and camp it while getting easy kills and somehow it's a good map? There was nowhere to go that didn't have 10 guys watching a door and considering there's only a few ways through the tunnel, that meant all of them were death-warrants without huge numbers which didn't happen often with pubs since most of them just wanted to do the exact same thing and camp their side to farm kills.

Any long-time BF fan would choose 1029394 other maps over Metro. Caspian Border was good and all, but it was good for BF3's standards and wouldn't stand out in BF2.
who had that "the new classic" slogan? TNT or TBS?

or maybe it's an instant classic like Christian Cage!

Unless you play with too many players the close quarter maps had plenty of room to flank. They are among the best CQ combat maps DICE has ever designed.

This. Unless you're playing beyond a reasonable player count, the CQ maps are some of DICE's best in terms of design and map flow. If you can't handle the faster-paced gameplay of CQ DM, then don't play it. No need to trash talk great maps.

POhHI0I.png

I really don't Like Alen Kertz. He knows damn well that Metro and Caspain are indeed gonna be in BF4. Thats 2 of the most popular maps in the game.

Kak.efes

Not a huge fan of either. Should be Kharg, Noshahr, Damavand, and Seine, which are all great conquest, as well as rush maps.

POhHI0I.png

I really don't Like Alen Kertz. He knows damn well that Metro and Caspain are indeed gonna be in BF4. Thats 2 of the most popular maps in the game.

How do you know? This is the second Expansion they'll be releasing, not the first. They probably haven't even decided on the maps yet.

Seanspeed

Banned

On the contrary, Metro usually required good teamwork, especially to capture that middle B flag if you missed out on it in the beginning and are bleeding tickets.

Its more basic in terms of your path options for attacking, but chokepoint design isn't always a bad thing. It creates pretty intense firefights. I've had some really great matches in Metro.

That said, I really feel its made for Rush. The chokepoint, 'get slaughtered by defending campers' thing was much less punishing when you still had a chance to win even if you were down just a handful of tickets left.

There's a lot of 'long-time' fans that seem to want everything be large maps with lots of vehicles and everything, but I like variety. Its one of my favorite things about BF. I don't think I would enjoy it *nearly* as much if it were all maps like Firestorm and Alborz and whatnot.

Druz

First thing that I thought too. BF4 is hardly a huge departure from BF3 visually . BF3 to BF3 made sense but BF3 to BF4 is only a slight upgrade

They will add all the new MP gameplay changes sure, but I hope they add like more buildings that we can level in Metro and blast through more walls into other rooms or make the tower on Caspian totally destructible.

BF3 was still limited by the engine and the low powered current gen consoles. BF4 will give IMPORTANT improvements and release the game on the new systems and PC. You want to call this incremental except its leagues beyond what activision releases year over year.

BibiMaghoo

i was agreeing with you and posting the only 30 second scenario i could think of... just run right off the edge from C to B, no other 'point to point' would be that fast on foot.

remember, you quoted this:

so i was coming up with the only scenario where that was actually viable, which means the others are all longer...

My bad then dude, misunderstood what you were saying. apologies.

TCRS

Banned
Remakes I want: Markaz Monolith, that large ass snow map on the mountain, Strike at Karkand, Azadi Palace

demolitio

I'm sure they'll do some of the old BF2 China maps since they're the focus in BF4 so I hope they bring back some of the more unique BF2 maps that were drop-dead gorgeous at the time.

Jeb

Why choose the game with the worst maps?
They were so bad, they caused me to quit Battlefield, the fact that they are resorting to bringing back seems like a bad sign...

TCRS

Banned
I don't see much of a difference other than not being able to pound it with tank rounds and c4 strapped on jeeps. It changed for the better.

The maps in BC2 were more suited to rush. They allowed for more flanking than the maps in BF3 (except on the large maps).

Which reminds me: BRING BACK OASIS!!

waypoetic

Banned
Haha oh, oh nice... Neither of those maps (if they end up being the DLC ones for XB1) are my favorites; i haaaate Caspian Border.

Hystzen

I rather switch Metro for Grand Bazar them alley chokepoints but least that map has more options then metro. Still I dont mind metro best way boost recon class which never used with my SKS

TCRS

Banned
I rather switch Metro for Grand Bazar them alley chokepoints but least that map has more options then metro. Still I dont mind metro best way boost recon class which never used with my SKS

pff... JNG-90 iron sight. so much fun.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, so much exageration about caspian. It takes about 30 seconds to run from home to either A or D,and maybe 15 from D to B. The distance is shit in rush, but rush is shit in bf3. My issue with caspian is that the map is huge around the perimeter of A and D, but there is no reason to be there so it is just a waste. If 2 more capture zones had been set up in the wings then the map would be fantastic. Of course this demands a higher player count (bf4).

Metro is garbage though, as is firestorm (to a lesser degree). I will happily never play metro ever again and, like nuketown, my hate for the map makes me feel so disconnected from the community.

I am hoping that the design philosophy responsible for the bf3 maps is largely ignored, but news like this does not give me hope.

When its a small group playing vanilla rush/conquest and the full map and not just the second underground section Metro is really good. But most Metro servers is the whole: 64 players, 1000 tickets!!!!!, NO RESTRICTIONS!!! The resulting game is just a grenade spam. Good place to grind out upgrades for multiplayer but not much fun either way.

/Re-positioning the bomb site and removing the LAV really breaks the flow during the first segment. I have no Idea why DICE thought it was a good idea.

Megasoum

Banned
Damn I forgot how douche and trolly Alan Kertz is...

I used to follow him on twitter before BF3 came out and he had that tone everyday.

I can't remember the name of the Community Manage but he was just as bad....ugh.

Rashid

Banned
Is it hard for people to understand that this is to BF4 what B2K was to BF3?

You lot will argue about anything Christ's sake

Mileena

Banned
Is it hard for people to understand that this is to BF4 what B2K was to BF3?

You lot will argue about anything Christ's sake

If CoD was doing this the entire thread would be filled with people ripping Activision, calling them lazy and they can only remake maps, etc.

Some people will truly defend any bullshit practice as long as it's for a game they like.

Gbraga

I wish you could get them for free if you own BF3 or something. I have nothing against bringing back beloved maps, but I wouldn't pay for them.

Top Bottom