• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Battlefield 4 Second Assault DLC remakes four BF3 maps

Naked Lunch

I'm not sure how I feel about that to be honest. It bothered me that there are maps that do not have rush mode, but as you say, they don't mix well in all cases. If they split them, guaranteed there would be maps that would be great for rush and not get it, and vice versa.

And no, I am talking about both PC and console versions. Even with 64 players on caspian, the map is to sparse. Probably half of it is grass with no cover, if not more.
You ever played Battlefield pre-Bad Company? Nearly 100% of the series' maps were sparse and huge - most far more than even Caspian. Caspian definitely plays in the classic Battlefield style.

olimpia84

This is literally, bullshit. 30 seconds from the start to the first flag/mcom? On foot?

I'd say is a short distance in between flags, with the obvious exception of A to D (although if you have a vehicle you can get there in 10 seconds). Now between main base and the first flag, yes, it takes days just to get to the first flag on foot but that's basically the case for all big maps in the game.

Finally getting some of the BF3 maps made for 64 players on consoles will be nice. I fail to see how getting more maps is a bad thing. If BF4 is anything like BF3 we will be getting additional maps and expansions literally for years. DICE, how about some Dragon Valley and Songhua Stalemate please.

Cause we are paying for these maps and these maps take away from other maps that could be created.

Maddocks

metro is a cluster, can give or take. Sad to know servers will be rocking that 24/7 500% tickets.

All i want is karg.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
All I saw in BF3 maps were blue tints, off grays, and a whole lot of knock back from weapons. And a whole lot of soldiers saying the same damn thing over and over.

I don't think I'm too thrilled after BF3. It was my first real BF too. There's just so much room to have a match that the thrill factor for me at least dropped dramatically.

Seanspeed

Banned
That's a little disappointing. It'd be different if BF4 felt like a whole new game. Eh. I like these two maps(both good for variety), but this is clearly just a ploy to ensure new adopters still get their Metro grind.

Playing on console before, I felt like 24 players was decent in Metro, but 64 would be way too much. Not sure that'll be much fun. I know people will just say, "Well don't play on 64 player servers" but what if I enjoy 64 players on most other maps? Its annoying to have to jump around.

BibiMaghoo

You ever played Battlefield pre-Bad Company? Nearly 100% of the series' maps were sparse and huge - most far more than even Caspian. Caspian definitely plays in the classic Battlefield style.

I played some BF2 and 2142 a little, but not as much as BC2 or BF3, the latter of which I have on PC and PS3. Perhaps I was more forgiving of sparse terrain in the BF2 era. I would need to go back and take a look to see how jaded with Caspian I have become.

I'd say is a short distance in between flags, with the obvious exception of A to D (although if you have a vehicle you can get there in 10 seconds). Now between main base and the first flag, yes, it takes days just to get to the first flag on foot but that's basically the case for all big maps in the game.

I'd agree with that, it was the first part I was reffering too. But I think Caspian is worse in this regard than the others.

Yeah... if this is the Xbone timed-exclusive they can keep Operation Meatgrinder. That map is like 24/7 32-player donor-privilege botted 2Fort servers in TF2. Your team capped B? Congrats, you won.

This is literally, bullshit. 30 seconds from the start to the first flag/mcom? On foot?

If you spawn on Caspian Border at either side and sprint to the first capture flag closest I bet it would take 30-45 seconds yeah. You are grossly over exaggerating with "10 minutes" and "totally empty" What can of unpopulated servers were you playing?

BibiMaghoo

If you spawn on Caspian Border at either side and sprint to the first capture flag closest I bet it would take 30-45 seconds yeah. You are grossly over exaggerating with "10 minutes" and "totally empty" What can of unpopulated servers were you playing?

Yes, granted, 10 minutes is exaggerating. But 30 seconds is grossly undervaluing the time it takes to reach it. I would wager that on space, literally half the map is grass/ open space. I don't think that is an exaggeration at all.

I play 64 most of the time, but occasionally I drop to less if I'm taking a beating. I am talking about full servers on this map. There is simply to much open space, and It is dead space. Useless.

Yes, granted, 10 minutes is exaggerating. But 30 seconds is grossly undervaluing the time it takes to reach it. I would wager that on space, literally half the map is grass/ open space. I don't think that is an exaggeration at all.

I play 64 most of the time, but occasionally I drop to less if I'm taking a beating. I am talking about full servers on this map. There is simply to much open space, and It is dead space. Useless.

A lot of the open grass space is not wasted space, that's where smart people move constantly in AA. You just don't see that cos idiots never know how to use it. It's also landing space for choppers to repair and space for them and jets to fly low to avoid fire.

Caspian Border is an incredibly well designed map. The middle is full of infantry fighting and the outside is usually littered with vehicles fighting. Something like Alborz has far more wasted space and bad pathing

raphanum

So, are all future BF4 DLC packs timed-exclusives for X1 or only this? If it's only this, i can live with that.

Noobs would still love it because they dont have to deal with any vehicles and shooting down a narrow hallway is easy peezy. Most casual COD fans I know only play on Metro in BF3.

Man, CoD is a joke. The recoil is nonexistent. If you played BF3 for a few days, then jump into CoD, it becomes too easy.

Naked Lunch

So, are all future BF4 DLC packs timed-exclusives for X1 or only this? If it's only this, i can live with that.
Its probably all just like how it was on PS3.

Im wondering if the Premium service is going to be available for purchase on day one or if they will wait a while.

Hellcrow

Hope they experiment more like the BF3 DLC's. A super destruction focused DLC pack or a Rush map where you climb a whole sky-skraper. Maybe just a DLC where all the maps are different parts of the same Downtown area.

raphanum

Its probably all just like how it was on PS3.

Im wondering if the Premium service is going to be available for purchase on day one or if they will wait a while.

Makes sense. How long was the wait between PS3 and 360 release for BF3 DLC? To be honest, I don't really care if I have to wait for DLC. We should be excited for BF4. I mean, the game isn't even out yet and I'm worrying about DLC :\

Also, in regards to premium, most likely if DLC is available day 1.

patapuf

I don't think BC2 maps would scale well to 64 players. Some were already too small for 32 and i'm not a fan of corridor maps for conquest.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
"Operation metro"

DgJf0tn.gif

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
It's so gross that this shit is already being announced. It should be included on disc or released for free.

Lakitu

st5fu
I am in the same curious camp.

I can imagine the building above the metro station collapsing the ceiling of the metro station down into effective ramps. So you can now also enter/exit the metro station through the building above and not just the current entrances.

Remember the entrance into the tunnels starts when the planes come and blast a hole at the end of section 1 in conquest. They can blast a hole, and also allow you to go into the building above. So it becomes a combination of the current death tunnels and the after the metro last push section.

That's exactly like something I would want, good thinking. And they'd have to utilise overground because of commander mode, unless the commander sends angry ticket conductors......

I think you guys have forgotten about all the new damage modeling. Maybe it will be more fun if you can blow up the roof and everyone starts coming down. Also can be balanced with nade and GL tweaks.

I hate metro as it is in BF3 but it's a cool map and had(has?) potential.

I'd rather see more BF2 maps like Kubra Dam.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Operation Metro should be called "Operation XP Grinding".

I'm still waiting for someone to say fuck it and have a map that is just a single room.

K.Sabot

Mercy kill metro please.

Caspian is not a great Battlefield map, but it was one of the only ones BF3 had.

If you had to remake a BF3 map, it better not be from the vanilla pool.

Marleyman

Banned
I think some of the maps from Aftermath and EndGame are amazing; still play BF3 and usually stick with those maps and a few vanilla ones.

Top Bottom